Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 64873 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2023, 02:30:57 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
What are people's thoughts about trading for Naz Reid? Expiring deal, depth big, not owed much the rest of this season, and pretty young (just 23 y/o)

He's productive, but he's very much in Minnesota's rotation and they're very much trying to make the playoffs. You'd have to pay a premium to get him.

It'd be like Indiana deciding that Grant's on an expiring deal and would fit nicely next to Turner - it's going to take a lot more than TJ McConnell for Boston to move on from a key rotation piece mid-season.

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2023, 02:32:54 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995
What are people's thoughts about trading for Naz Reid? Expiring deal, depth big, not owed much the rest of this season, and pretty young (just 23 y/o)

I'm a big fan of his and think that he has a bright future in the NBA. He may be a late bloomer that becomes a Christian Wood-type player, but with a little more discipline.

If the Wolves would trade him, I 100% would try to get him, and I think the Wolves need a guy like Pritchard too.

I would hate to give up Pritchard. Maybe Davison + pick(s)

Pritchard doesn't have a role on this year's team, and is due to make about $4.2 million next season.  I'd rather hold onto Davison for the long-term.  He has the better chance to be ready for a rotation spot when Brogdan and White are hitting the final year of their deals/have departed.  PP will be gone by then.

Reid is someone who I hate when he plays against us, but might like if he were a Celtic.  (But might not -- his game is chaos, kind of like a PF/C version of Nesmith).

« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2023, 06:03:22 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Marcus Smart & Robert Williams III have been officially reported as out for tonight’s New Orleans matchup.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2023, 06:17:32 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2577
Marcus Smart & Robert Williams III have been officially reported as out for tonight’s New Orleans matchup.

What’s the reason for Rob?   He wasn’t the same in the 2nd half v. Chicago.

« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2023, 06:24:26 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

What’s the reason for Rob?   He wasn’t the same in the 2nd half v. Chicago.

Rest.

Mazzulla has stated the Celtics will not let him play back-to-backs.

« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2023, 07:04:34 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
its not a back to back though.

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2023, 07:08:31 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1876

First of a back to back.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2023, 07:09:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1492

Yeah, it’s odd that he’s sitting game 1 of the back to back. Feel like the C’s could use Rob more tonight against the Pel’s then tomorrow vs the Nets. If he doesn’t play tomorrow, I’m going to be worried.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2023, 07:15:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326

So, New Orleans will score at least 120? I hope Boston's threes are falling.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2023, 07:17:23 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Yeah, it’s odd that he’s sitting game 1 of the back to back. Feel like the C’s could use Rob more tonight against the Pel’s then tomorrow vs the Nets. If he doesn’t play tomorrow, I’m going to be worried.

New Orleans are without Williamson & Ingram…Rob shouldn’t be essential tonight.

« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2023, 07:30:15 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I imagine we will see this during the regular season.   Williams out the first game and Horford our the 2nd game.

« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2023, 08:05:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I'm more than happy for Rob not to get bruised against JV. Sit Rob tonight and Al tomorrow
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2023, 08:10:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1492

I'm more than happy for Rob not to get bruised against JV. Sit Rob tonight and Al tomorrow

Yeah, I suppose that’s true.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2023, 09:15:40 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 763
Has there been any explanation from Mazzulla, from the players or from Brad Stevens as to why the team has gotten away from the off-ball motion and screening we saw much more of earlier in the season and have fallen back into their old habit of isolation offense with perimeter guys standing and watching usually Tatum or Brown going 1-on-1 or 1-on-3 in Brown's case ?

The team can get away with this during the regular season against varying levels of competition, but it is the main reason we lost the Finals last season vs Golden State when the offense ground to a halt and we had nothing else to go to in the half court.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2023, 10:39:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jayson Tatum said he’s dealing with issues on his thumb and ring finger in addition to the wrist he has wrapped since the first game of the season. “I have a lot of [stuff] going on.” He intends to keep playing through it all but suggested that went into his off shooting night.

Tatum says he has tape on his wrist, thumb and his ring/middle finger are taped together. Said he felt uncomfortable tonight, but "I love to play too much to sit out."

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes