Author Topic: NBA official 2022 transaction thread  (Read 35432 times)

Re: NBA official 2022 transaction thread
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2022, 09:52:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25586
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Moses Brown is agreeing to a training camp invite with the Clippers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2022, 11:12:28 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
After the Brogdon trade Vegas has the Celtics as the odds on favorite to win the NBA title next year.

Golden State is the top team in one sports book but most of the others have the Celts at 550.

« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2022, 12:01:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
However, a league source told IndyStar on Sunday that the Pacers are waiting for Brogdon to pass a physical so the trade can become official and Nesmith can become eligible for Indiana's Summer League team in Las Vegas. Nesmith attended the Pacers' Summer League opener against Charlotte on Friday and sat courtside at Thomas & Mack Center with his new teammates Jalen Smith, Tyrese Haliburton and Oshae Brissett.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski hosted Brogdon for an episode of his podcast, which was released Monday. Brogdon, who was recently in Africa doing work for his foundation, said he hasn't reported to Boston yet.

"I actually go up there, complete my physical, do my press conference in a few days, so I'm yet to actually see the city and visit it as a Boston Celtic," Brogdon said.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2022, 12:49:52 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 500
ccording to Brian Windhorst, the Pacers are serious about signing Deandre Ayton to a max offer sheet or working out a sign-and-trade for him.
Now that the Pacers have officially completed the Malcolm Brogdon trade with Boston, the team is free to pursue Ayton. The Suns’ big man has been linked to the Pacers for quite a while, and with Indiana likely to move on from Myles Turner, a sign-and-trade featuring both centers could make sense for all parties.

If this deal goes down can the C's get involved with their large TPE?  If so who.

« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2022, 12:51:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
ccording to Brian Windhorst, the Pacers are serious about signing Deandre Ayton to a max offer sheet or working out a sign-and-trade for him.
Now that the Pacers have officially completed the Malcolm Brogdon trade with Boston, the team is free to pursue Ayton. The Suns’ big man has been linked to the Pacers for quite a while, and with Indiana likely to move on from Myles Turner, a sign-and-trade featuring both centers could make sense for all parties.

If this deal goes down can the C's get involved with their large TPE?  If so who.

One note:  the Brogdon trade isn't complete yet.  He still needs to pass a physical.  Now is when we pull a "IT to the Cavaliers" move, and squeeze them for more compensation, haha.

« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

One note:  the Brogdon trade isn't complete yet.  He still needs to pass a physical.  Now is when we pull a "IT to the Cavaliers" move, and squeeze them for more compensation, haha.

Considering how broken IT turned out to be, I hope we don’t see value in going that route!

« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2022, 01:18:00 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

The Celtics are not going after Turner to be a backup to Williams and Horford, so if that’s the pipe you were holding you need to put it down.

The Pacers can pretty easily sign Ayton to a max by waiving a non-guaranteed salary or two, so they can dare Phoenix to match and worry about moving Turner later.

Or they can work out a trade where Turner heads to Phoenix and Indy gets Ayton AND some draft compensation for Turner.  In this case, Phoenix would want to drop $5-10 million in salary to stay under the tax after adding Turner.  They would most likely want to move Saric, who we should not want at $9.2 million.  They might want to move Crowder, who’s probably too expensive at $10 million given the $40 million tax he’d bring.  Landry Shamet at $9.5 million and Cameron Payne at $6 million don’t make much sense on our roster given the depth at the 1 and 2 guard spots.  So that leaves Torrey Craig at $5.1 million.  He’d slot in above Hauser as a backup big wing, and while I’m again not sure he’s worth his salary, a case can be made.

TL;DR — maybe Torrey Craig, but probably no one.

« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2022, 02:59:58 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 500

The Celtics are not going after Turner to be a backup to Williams and Horford, so if that’s the pipe you were holding you need to put it down.

The Pacers can pretty easily sign Ayton to a max by waiving a non-guaranteed salary or two, so they can dare Phoenix to match and worry about moving Turner later.

Or they can work out a trade where Turner heads to Phoenix and Indy gets Ayton AND some draft compensation for Turner.  In this case, Phoenix would want to drop $5-10 million in salary to stay under the tax after adding Turner.  They would most likely want to move Saric, who we should not want at $9.2 million.  They might want to move Crowder, who’s probably too expensive at $10 million given the $40 million tax he’d bring.  Landry Shamet at $9.5 million and Cameron Payne at $6 million don’t make much sense on our roster given the depth at the 1 and 2 guard spots.  So that leaves Torrey Craig at $5.1 million.  He’d slot in above Hauser as a backup big wing, and while I’m again not sure he’s worth his salary, a case can be made.

Not sure if this was addressed to me but I'll respond anyway.  Never said nor would I want the C's to grab Turner. I'm not a fan of his game and don't like him.  I was thinking much smaller and probably should have stated thus but left it open for people to repond.

Indy - Goga - he'd give the C's a developmental project and can handle a few minutes per game., Same with Isaiah Jackson.  If Ayton came on board one could be expendable with Goga being the most likely.

Phoenix - Most likely trade partner if they need to shed salary.  Would you take Crowder back if Phoenix sent money and picks?  Torrey Craig and Cam Johnson fit the backup Swing Role.

« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2022, 03:33:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Indy would have a nice young team
DeAndre Ayton
Jaden Smith
Isaiah Jackson
Tyrese Haliburton
Buddy Hield
Chris Duarte
Bennedict Mathurin
Oshea Brissitt
Aaron Nesmith
Daniel Theis
Goga Bitadze
T J McConnell
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 03:40:04 PM by Birdman »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2022, 04:35:03 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Not sure if this was addressed to me but I'll respond anyway.  Never said nor would I want the C's to grab Turner. I'm not a fan of his game and don't like him.  I was thinking much smaller and probably should have stated thus but left it open for people to repond.

Indy - Goga - he'd give the C's a developmental project and can handle a few minutes per game., Same with Isaiah Jackson.  If Ayton came on board one could be expendable with Goga being the most likely.

Phoenix - Most likely trade partner if they need to shed salary.  Would you take Crowder back if Phoenix sent money and picks?  Torrey Craig and Cam Johnson fit the backup Swing Role.

"Get Turner to be a backup big" has been a recurring them in several threads in the last week, so I wasn't sure if you were part of that team or not.

I don't think the C's should/will be looking to spend that kind of cap/tax money for a developmental big like Goga entering the last year of his rookie deal who's shown very little, and mostly just made news when he got into a fight with an assistant coach.  And the big Indy will move is Turner, which is why I didn't look too closely at their roster.  Ayton and Turner can't share the court, and Turner will be instantly unhappy with Ayton on the team -- he'll get moved somewhere.  The player to trade for on Indy to help them create room for an Ayton offer sheet is Oshae Brissett.  Nothing special (except when he plays us), but he could be competent as a backup wing, and the salary fits the 11th man role better than Craig.

As for Phoenix, I'm a Cam Johnson fan, but I can't see them moving a former lottery pick entering his fourth season who's probably going to start this season due to salary concerns.  That's why I completely omitted him in going over Phoenix.  I'd love to get him, but I don't see him getting moved this offseason unless Durant gets his way and winds up in Phoenix.

If the Suns were willing to send a good enough pick with Crowder, I'd hope Stevens could successfully lobby ownership to take on the extra tax bill, but I don't think a $10 million salary dump fetches that much in pick compensation these days.  It's probably not going to fetch a first, and a 2nd or two that projects in the late 40s or 50s likely isn't worth the extra tax bill that Crowder would incur.

« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2022, 09:09:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1565

"Get Turner to be a backup big" has been a recurring them in several threads in the last week, so I wasn't sure if you were part of that team or not.

I don't think the C's should/will be looking to spend that kind of cap/tax money for a developmental big like Goga entering the last year of his rookie deal who's shown very little, and mostly just made news when he got into a fight with an assistant coach.  And the big Indy will move is Turner, which is why I didn't look too closely at their roster.  Ayton and Turner can't share the court, and Turner will be instantly unhappy with Ayton on the team -- he'll get moved somewhere.  The player to trade for on Indy to help them create room for an Ayton offer sheet is Oshae Brissett.  Nothing special (except when he plays us), but he could be competent as a backup wing, and the salary fits the 11th man role better than Craig.

As for Phoenix, I'm a Cam Johnson fan, but I can't see them moving a former lottery pick entering his fourth season who's probably going to start this season due to salary concerns.  That's why I completely omitted him in going over Phoenix.  I'd love to get him, but I don't see him getting moved this offseason unless Durant gets his way and winds up in Phoenix.

If the Suns were willing to send a good enough pick with Crowder, I'd hope Stevens could successfully lobby ownership to take on the extra tax bill, but I don't think a $10 million salary dump fetches that much in pick compensation these days.  It's probably not going to fetch a first, and a 2nd or two that projects in the late 40s or 50s likely isn't worth the extra tax bill that Crowder would incur.
I might do Crowder + Craig.  Then sign Dwight or Whiteside

PG - Smart, White, Pritchard
SG - Brown, Brogdon, Craig
SF - Tatum, Grant, Hauser
PF - Horford, Gallo, Crowder
C - Rob, Dwight, Kornet

That is a pretty solid team and a lot of flexibility to make additional moves. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #356 on: July 12, 2022, 09:04:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
James Boyd: Malcolm Brogdon has passed his physical for the #Celtics, and Aaron Nesmith has subsequently been cleared to play for the #Pacers in Summer League tomorrow, per league source. Indiana faces the #Pistons at Thomas & Mack Center at 9 p.m. ET.

« Reply #357 on: July 12, 2022, 09:34:51 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3228
James Boyd: Malcolm Brogdon has passed his physical for the #Celtics, and Aaron Nesmith has subsequently been cleared to play for the #Pacers in Summer League tomorrow, per league source. Indiana faces the #Pistons at Thomas & Mack Center at 9 p.m. ET.

Good luck to Nesmith he seems like a good kid.

« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2022, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Wait is that the guy Brad traded to the Thunder for Horford or something

« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2022, 09:54:02 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890

Wait is that the guy Brad traded to the Thunder for Horford or something

That is Moses Brown, Mr. 20/20.