Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 64503 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2024, 01:08:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
I first saw some clips on Youtube and then got hooked on a series called "Manifest". I know it aired on NBC in the past but never watched it.

I was and still am interested in the whole "MH370" fiasco and disappearance, and this series is also about a flight that to all the passengers and pilots was "routine" but when they landed, they found out five years had passed and most of their loved ones and the world thought they were dead.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2024, 01:19:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm watching Bodkin on Netflix.  It's mediocre, but it's set in my favorite place in the world, West Cork Ireland.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2024, 03:32:49 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Started watching “Severance” on Apple TV+. It’s well done, but can definitely mess with your head.

Severance is absolutely amazing, can´t wait for the second season. I`d only seen maybe one promotional poster and honestly thought it would be a courtroom drama  :laugh:

Silo was excellent too.

Constellation was absolute rubbish though, dreadful directing and writing.

All on Apple TV+.

« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2024, 07:47:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
Started watching “Severance” on Apple TV+. It’s well done, but can definitely mess with your head.

Severance is absolutely amazing, can´t wait for the second season. I`d only seen maybe one promotional poster and honestly thought it would be a courtroom drama  :laugh:

Silo was excellent too.

All on Apple TV+.

Funny enough, Silo was the series I started last night after finishing Severance.  :laugh:

Enjoying it so far! Also, Severance was very well done.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 08:18:48 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #454 on: May 12, 2024, 05:21:22 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

Silo was excellent too.

All on Apple TV+.

Funny enough, Silo was the series I started last night after finishing Severance.  :laugh:

Funny enough, Severance was the series I started after finishing Silo.   ;)

« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2024, 09:53:09 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1633
  • What a Pub Should Be
Been watching Full Swing Season Two. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2024, 04:56:39 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley

Silo was excellent too.

All on Apple TV+.

Funny enough, Severance was the series I started after finishing Silo.   ;)

:o
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #457 on: May 16, 2024, 04:58:44 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1405
House of the Dragon Season 2 coming June 16 (I think). That gives me a month to finish off the last 2 episodes of Fallout and re-watch all of HOTD Season 1 to remember what happened. I've read GRRM's Fire and Blood and know all about that Dance of the Dragons period but there are enough differences in the TV show to warrant a re-watch  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #458 on: May 16, 2024, 08:54:44 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
House of the Dragon Season 2 coming June 16 (I think). That gives me a month to finish off the last 2 episodes of Fallout and re-watch all of HOTD Season 1 to remember what happened. I've read GRRM's Fire and Blood and know all about that Dance of the Dragons period but there are enough differences in the TV show to warrant a re-watch  :laugh:

You’re really going to do that to yourself?  :laugh:

« Reply #459 on: May 16, 2024, 09:10:55 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 293

Severance is one of the best pieces of fiction I've either watched or read in a long time. A true future classic. Foundation on apple tv was also very good. I disliked the Dune movie because I didn't think it came close to doing justice to the book (or universe). But I never read the Foundation series, so perhaps that allowed me to enjoy it more. There's also that it's a series and I don't think you can put epics into films anymore when there's the possibility of splitting a story into 6-8 high quality episodes per season.

« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2024, 01:35:06 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1405

I'm one of those people with a short attention span so I have to re-watch something I watched a year ago to remember the nuances of it, so I can enjoy the next series  ;D

I know how the story ends, but the Dance of the Dragons was only a couple of chapters in GRRM's book so it was fleshed out a lot more in the series. It would be nice if some kind YouTuber complied a "The Story So Far" so I wouldn't have to re-watch  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2024, 02:01:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm one of those people with a short attention span so I have to re-watch something I watched a year ago to remember the nuances of it, so I can enjoy the next series  ;D

I know how the story ends, but the Dance of the Dragons was only a couple of chapters in GRRM's book so it was fleshed out a lot more in the series. It would be nice if some kind YouTuber complied a "The Story So Far" so I wouldn't have to re-watch  :-\

Overall I liked HOTD fine.  Way better than the last two seasons of GOT.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2024, 02:18:36 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562
Watched the 3 Stooges documentary “Hey Moe, Hey Dad” - narrated, co-written by Moe’s son Paul Howard. On Prime.

Can’t say that I out and out recommend it, though I did enjoy it.   The narration is hokey and sometimes annoying. However, if you are intrigued by learning about the lives of people who did some interesting things in an interesting era, there is definitely something there. I wouldn’t say I was ever a huge Stooges fan - a bit when I was a kid, not so much in many decades. But, as characters/people, they interest me.  And this doc does get into their personalities and lives and relationships with decent clips from their films, but also interviews with family and fans (some well known), and some video and audio interviews with the Stooges themselves. Tells an interesting story of their rise to fame and their struggle to stay relevant in an era gone by.

« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2024, 03:12:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup
Watched the 3 Stooges documentary “Hey Moe, Hey Dad” - narrated, co-written by Moe’s son Paul Howard. On Prime.

Can’t say that I out and out recommend it, though I did enjoy it.   The narration is hokey and sometimes annoying. However, if you are intrigued by learning about the lives of people who did some interesting things in an interesting era, there is definitely something there. I wouldn’t say I was ever a huge Stooges fan - a bit when I was a kid, not so much in many decades. But, as characters/people, they interest me.  And this doc does get into their personalities and lives and relationships with decent clips from their films, but also interviews with family and fans (some well known), and some video and audio interviews with the Stooges themselves. Tells an interesting story of their rise to fame and their struggle to stay relevant in an era gone by.

Thanks for the heads  They were definitely fascinating guys.  I use a bunch of their lines on the regular!
Yup

« Reply #464 on: May 18, 2024, 04:40:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562

Thanks for the heads  They were definitely fascinating guys.  I use a bunch of their lines on the regular!

Soitenly. I’ll be interested to hear what you think.

Btw - I almost dumped it in the middle of episode 1, but stuck with it and it turned out a pretty decent watch. 9 episodes in all.