20 (42.6%)
Nah, Heat in 5
0 (0%)
Nah, Heat in 6
0 (0%)
Nah, Heat in 7
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Down 2-1, Do You Believe?  (Read 9973 times)

Re: Down 2-1, Do You Believe?
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2022, 12:55:03 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
I don’t see anyway Boston wins game 7. That would mean three wins in Miami. Not happening.

it is hard to win 2 on road much less 3

we have done it now 3 straight series.won 2 on road.  i agree we are really pushing the envelope now and it shoulda never came to this all because we suck at home basically. HCA does not exists for this team IT APPEARS. but we can blow away a far superior bucks team. crazy pills. and lose to a bum miami team.

heck win your home games and all you have to win is 1 road game to win any series whether you have HCA or not. WIN YOUR HOME GAMES.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2022, 12:58:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
I don’t see anyway Boston wins game 7. That would mean three wins in Miami. Not happening.

we have done it now 3 straight series.won 2 on road.  i agree we are really pushing the envelope now and it shoulda never came to this all because we suck at home basically. HCA does not exists for this team IT APPEARS. but we can blow away a far superior bucks team. crazy pills. and lose to a bum miami team.

heck win your home games and all you have to win is 1 road game to win any series whether you have HCA or not. WIN YOUR HOME GAMES.

The C's should've won Game 3 and they'd be up 3-1 going to Miami for Game 5. But here we are, lost Game 3 unbelievably and lost Game 6 at home embarrassingly. Champs don't let the road team go in their house and take them out twice. Blasphemy!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2022, 01:03:19 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671

The C's should've won Game 3 and they'd be up 3-1 going to Miami for Game 5. But here we are, lost Game 3 unbelievably and lost Game 6 at home embarrassingly. Champs don't let the road team go in their house and take them out twice. Blasphemy!

let me correct myself. sorry. if you do not have HCA all you need is 1 road win to win a series IF you win your home games.

if you have HCA you do not even have to win a road game. 

now we have lost 2 of 3 at home and are now tempting the basketball demons and witches and warlocks by now having to win 3 on the road. we should never be in this situation.

we are really playing with fire and tempting fate.

even if we win this type of dumb play cannot continue. eventually it catches up to you.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2022, 01:12:27 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
So back to doom and gloom eh? Trade everyone? Celtics suck all that nonsense? All right guys give up and go home. I'll go and root for them.  ;D

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2022, 01:13:22 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
This team has been better on the road all playoffs. Comes in very handy now

Sooner or later your luck runs out when you give away opportunities to win games. Gave Miami life and all the momentum.

They've been through this before, sure they lost but they usually bounce back.

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2022, 01:15:00 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
If anything more pressure is on the Heat. They haven't beaten the Celtics two times in a row, they have but we'll see on Sunday.

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2022, 01:48:30 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
Butler said they’ll win Sunday too. He’s testing the C’s fortitude and shut him up.

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2022, 02:57:45 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622
Heat cam put them out if their misery.
After the league tampered with this game, they deserve a garbage finals.

Also, these guys refuse to make lofe easier on themselves. Tired of it.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2022, 03:08:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Heat cam put them out if their misery.
After the league tampered with this game, they deserve a garbage finals.

Also, these guys refuse to make lofe easier on themselves. Tired of it.

Lol Warriors/Heat Finals looks boring with a 4-game sweep.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2022, 03:14:13 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I always believe. That won't change.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2022, 04:35:56 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
This is all part of the growing for this team. They have to learn as a group that there are no shortcuts, there are no easy games, no matter what the previous game's scoreline was. We've dominated for large stretches of this series, but we've lost key moments that have led to losing games. The team has to recognize those moments, those are the moments that determine championships. Championship players recognize those moments and seize them. They're the better team but they have to play better, all the time, not just most of the time, because moments can swing games.

I'm fatalistic when it comes to these things. If we don't win this series it will be because we were unable to recognize those moments and rise to the occasion and we will not have deserved to move on. But I think they will. When their backs are to the wall are when they play to their best. Just as Buckets redeemed his legacy by dragging the Heat to victory in G6, so now the Jays have to do the same in a G7 with everything up for grabs. Can they rise to the occasion?

I will say that I don't think Smartacus is 100% and he may be forcing himself to do things he's not capable of doing. I'd rather he sit out if he's not 100% because he doesn't make the greatest decisions when he's not 100%. He tends to start to play hero ball when he senses the Jays aren't fully into the game and we don't need that.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2022, 09:31:20 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
So back to doom and gloom eh? Trade everyone? Celtics suck all that nonsense? All right guys give up and go home. I'll go and root for them.  ;D

Insults like this aren't tolerated
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 08:32:05 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2022, 10:02:27 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419

TP. Where do these negative Nancy “creatures” come from? I live in MA surrounded by Celtics fans, and I don’t hear nearly as much negativity. Is this site tailored to frustrated dudes living in their mom’s basement?

The Heat shot well last night. The Celtics will make changes and come back for more. Let’s go Celtics!

I think it's probably a defense mechanism to cope with losses...if you set your expectations low than you can't be disappointed  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524

TP. Where do these negative Nancy “creatures” come from? I live in MA surrounded by Celtics fans, and I don’t hear nearly as much negativity. Is this site tailored to frustrated dudes living in their mom’s basement?

The Heat shot well last night. The Celtics will make changes and come back for more. Let’s go Celtics!

Comments like this are out of line.

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2022, 11:11:24 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622

These are the celtics. We expect banners and are not just happy to be in the ECF. Maybe you're surrounded by some bandwagoners, Go root for another team if participation trophies satisfy the both of you.
Still don't believe in Joe.