Author Topic: Bulpett: Brown, Celtics Could Seek June Divorce  (Read 5890 times)

Re: Bulpett: Brown, Celtics Could Seek June Divorce
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2022, 10:14:03 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Beal would be great.

Ironic that if JB wants out cause the team sucks, one of the biggest reasons the team sucks is because his pick, (D)Ime Uchoka, his hand selected, check ALL the boxes, guy he has so much in common with,  has cost this team contention this year.

Trade his arse, and tell him to take Uchoka with him.

lol

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2022, 10:54:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Cheap teams lose star players.

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2022, 11:53:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cheap teams lose star players.

yes. also, teams that stall out and don't appear to have a long term vision to become relevant lose star players
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2022, 11:54:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Beal would be great.

Ironic that if JB wants out cause the team sucks, one of the biggest reasons the team sucks is because his pick, (D)Ime Uchoka, his hand selected, check ALL the boxes, guy he has so much in common with,  has cost this team contention this year.

lol wait a second you think this team would be contending if not for Udoka? 

I mean, I'm not a Udoka fan, but this team has more problems than the coach
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2022, 12:48:58 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Beal would be great.

lol wait a second you think this team would be contending if not for Udoka? 

I mean, I'm not a Udoka fan, but this team has more problems than the coach

Not for a title this season - we still have some player development for the young guys and I think we are missing a few pieces to be a serious contender. But with a very good coach, you don't have this constant frustration in the locker room, you are building a team-first, win-first culture, players are being held accountable for repetitive mistakes, players have respect for the coach and the team is being taught how to play together as a unit and not as a bunch of individuals. The team's playing style is adapted to the strengths of the roster instead of trying to grind the square peg into a round hole we have been watching for awhile now.

You are correct that the team has other issues besides the head coach and they need to be fixed, but no roster improvements or changes in ownership or the front office will make us champions without a solid head coach.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2022, 01:29:18 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
The team seems to be making the effort to try to get this to work. Smart has seemingly committed himself to being this team's PG. Tatum is passing more and the defense - their one constant this season - has been very good. Ime has also trimmed his rotation.

Will it continue? Based on what we've seen to date it wouldn't shock me to see these guys lose their next 3 in a row but they're currently playing the best they have all season.

But I can see there being smoke here. Neither of the Jays has been into passing the ball for most of their careers to date, so I can see them feeling like they're oil and water. I can also see them not particularly enjoying playing with each other. Personally I'd hate to play with guys who won't give up the ball, yet keep clanging shot after shot even on nights when nothing is going in. 

Bulpett may have been speculating but he's a lot better informed than a lot of the knuckleheads covering this team locally.  I think we're at a very important crossroads for the future of this team.

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2022, 04:15:50 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Beal would be great.

Plus one Csfan. Too funny

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2022, 04:18:01 AM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 180
      I think there's a lot of missing context here. First, remember all of Brown's "No comment" replies to the media last year? For example, he was asked why the team didn't have a lot of ball movement even though they were undefeated when they had something like 25 or more assists, and he said, "No comment." I can see Jaylen getting tired of playing with an inefficient ballhog. (I think that's what happened with Durant at OKC with Westbrook.)
     Second, after the last win, Horford reportedly said that Jaylen had taken more vocal leadership in the locker room. It could be that the people telling SB that Jaylen is frustrated is just a function of him becoming a more vocal leader. Combine that with Bullpet losing sources in the front office, and you have your speculation that Jaylen is going to ask for a trade any day now.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2022, 05:41:56 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 401
Start looking for trade partners while Brown's value is still high...

I don't think you need to worry about his value dropping. Jaylen is what he is now: A perennial all-star.

His return will be multiple firsts and prospects, or a similar quality player (like Beal, Lillard, Paul George)

To be fair, he’s a one time all star and there are no guarantees he’ll be an all star this year.

- LilRip

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2022, 05:51:33 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
Bulpett or not, this is typical Heavy.com clickbait.

Jaylen may ask for a trade, based on extremely vague sources?

Yep, typical clickbait as the trade deadline nears  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2022, 07:13:37 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Beal would be great.

If the only reason the team isn’t a contender this year is Udoka, doesn’t that mean we should absolutely keep Brown? Because he’s the second best player on a team that in your view has the talent to contend despite a pretty weak bench and iffy roster construction, and he’s on a very team-friendly deal.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 07:51:53 AM by Sophomore »

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2022, 07:40:43 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 891
I don't buy any of this.  I don't believe that Brown wants to be traded or at least that he has made any sort of trade request or demand.  Players will assess their careers.  Brown is a thoughtful guy.  There could be a point where he feels that it would be better for his career to be someplace else.  But if he does at some point decide to go elsewhere, I don't think it will be because he doesn't like playing with Tatum.  Tatum is a star.  Stars like to play with other stars.  I obviously don't know anything for sure about how Brown feels but the whole article was vague speculation and a bunch of anonymous sources saying they thought Brown was great and they would love to have him.

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2022, 10:33:05 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
I don't buy any of this.  I don't believe that Brown wants to be traded or at least that he has made any sort of trade request or demand. 

That's not what was reported at all.

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2022, 10:40:31 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Jaylen is what he is now: A perennial all-star.

By perennial.... you mean "once", right? Or by now, maybe you mean "hopefully some time in the future but not at the moment'?

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2022, 10:52:36 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think there is some legitimacy to this but I find the timing curious. Maybe it's a warning shot to Stevens to get something done at the deadline instead of just trying to stay below the cap/luxury tax.

I think Jaylen wants commitment to the teams success and not to Wyc's pocket