Author Topic: Perk slams Ime pregame. (EDIT: and postgame per Goldstar post page2)  (Read 2420 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I love Perk’s frankness and insight.

Anybody see Perk pre-game?

He said Ime needs to be held accountable by Brad.

Perk likened Ime to a parent who has lost control of his kids. “ You give them too much rope and they play with you all the time. He has to draw the line [with the players][

He said the team is too talented for this record and 4th quarter collapses.

He said Ime needs to take ownership of the lack of accountability.

He said “why do they have so. Much freedom?you watch them play and there are certain plays throughout the course of the game, whether they win or lose, you be like what the hell you doin’ , what was you thinking’ , why did you try this?, and when you watch them play and they play in that type of fashion and they are so inconsistent, you have to hold a Ime Udoka accountable”, not for his Xs and Os ( Udoka is bad with Xs and Os too) but of his actually demanding his respect and demanding to hold them accountable on a night to night basis. And that’s the hard part about being a young coach in this league. You come in and want to be a players coach, but all of a sudden, like your kid, you give them too m7ch rope and they gonna play with you all the time….he HAS to draw the line! And you will see better results”

Uchoka is in way over his head.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:27:35 AM by csfansince60s »

Re: Perk slams Ime pregame.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 10:26:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3224

Perk likened Ime to a parent who has lost control of his kids. “ You give them too much rope and they play with you all the time. He has to draw the line [with the players][

He said “why do they have so. Much freedom?you watch them play and there are certain plays throughout the course of the game, whether they win or lose, you be like what the hell you doin’ , what was you thinking’ , why did you try this?, and when you watch them play and they play in that type of fashion and they are so inconsistent, you have to hold a Ime Udoka accountable”, not for his Xs and Os ( Udoka is bad with Xs and Os too) but of his actually demanding his respect and demanding to hold them accountable on a night to night basis. And that’s the hard part about being a young coach in this league. You come in and want to be a players coach, but all of a sudden, like your kid, you give them too m7ch rope and they gonna play with you all the time….he HAS to draw the line! And you will see better results”

Ime just keeps blaming everyone else but he doesn't look in the mirror.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 10:33:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
Hire Perk. He can't be any worse than Ime and he'd actually demand accountability instead of talking about it.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 10:37:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Ime just keeps blaming everyone else but he doesn't look in the mirror.

TP…..and his apologists keep making excuses for him. Over and over and over and over and over again… Just like our fourth quarter collapses.

I am so angry that all the joy of watching Celtics games it’s been taken away from me.

I know it’s really early in his tenure as a new coach, but he hast to go.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 10:38:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Hire Perk. He can't be any worse than Ime and he'd actually demand accountability instead of talking about it.

TP….. from your mouth to brads ears.

This is a rudderless ship, going around in circles, wasting time and talent and stunting players growth and development.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 10:42:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3224
The bottom line is that there are NBA coaches getting more out of less talented rosters.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 10:45:18 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Yup.

Wish we had Thibs back.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 10:45:36 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
At least Ime has been doing a great job at sheltering the Celtics players from getting technicals for arguing.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 10:49:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
At least Ime has been doing a great job at sheltering the Celtics players from getting technicals for arguing.

To paraphrase Bill Murray in Caddyshack after his encounter with the Dalai Lama about total enlightenment… At least he has that going for him.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 10:58:33 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown

To paraphrase Bill Murray in Caddyshack after his encounter with the Dalai Lama about total enlightenment… At least he has that going for him.

Does Bill Murray have any coaching experience?

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 11:02:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
TP, Chef..,Man that made me laugh… And I really needed that laugh tonight… Thanks

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 11:03:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

I was thinking the Llama.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 11:05:43 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

big hitter, the lama.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 11:06:55 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown

i like it.

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 11:08:18 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

big hitter, the lama.

Haha….TP….. At least we’re having some fun