Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 94086 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #480 on: July 09, 2022, 05:38:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wouldn't bother giving any more in-depth feedback to proposals such as those Nick.
Yeah...that's probably best.

« Reply #481 on: July 09, 2022, 05:39:03 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Another Saturday, another all-in dream if Kawhi is willing to make the same commitment KG made in 2007:

BOS In: Kawhi
LAC In: KD, Kyrie
BKN In: JB, PG-13, Pritchard, Kornet, Hauser, BOS 2024 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2026 BOS 1st swap, 2027 BOS 1st, (3) 2023 BOS 2nds

* Swaps are top 5 protected and do not convey if we get a top 5 pick.

And as part of the deal this happens right beforehand:

BOS In: Whichever Clipper under $17M who is friends with Kawhi
LAC In: BOS TPE, 2029 BOS 2nd
Awful

We would basically have taken our off-season to turn Pritchard/Theis into Brogdon/Morris/Gallinari, and resolve the JB conundrum by getting the real Kawhi, not the wannabe Kawhi that is JB. Yeah, it costs some draft capital, but who cares? Who cares about picks/swaps when we’re THE dynasty of the 2020s because of this last big play for a top five player who’s barely 30, Udoka’s boy and a 2-time DPOY being paired with the reigning DPOY. That’s a former DPOY guard and former DPOY wing and a future DPOY center all on the same team 🤩 and they’re paired with the elite shooting of JT/Brogdon, not to mention Kawhi is an elite shooter in his own right. This is literally the perfect play if it’s available. We even keep Grant because Kawhi’s just a tiny bit cheaper than KD, whom we cannot get without giving up JB and Grant (and KD’s got 3-4 years on Kawhi, so I still prefer Kawhi over KD). Udoka’s even the guy who made Kawhi into what he quickly became. Udoka and Kawhi are literally reuniting.

Kawhi is the guy to pair with JT. Kawhi/JT/Timelord/Smart/Brogdon = Dynasty.
What JB conundrum? The only guy anywhere claiming a JB conundrum because JB's contract is running out after two more seasons is you and Jermaine Wiggins, who is a terrible source that isn't even plugged in to the NBA world because he is an ex-NFL player.

If Brown gives management a heads up he wants to be somewhere else or will be leaving after his contract, which he hasn't, you trade him at the deadline in 2024.

Your whole logic for these trades is Jaylen leaving in two years because he what....liked a tweet that Boston fans don't value him that much. Well, he is right. They don't. But management and the coaching staff love the guy and Jaylen hasn't shown any dissatisfaction with the team at all.

#JKJB

Please stop. Just keep Jaylen Brown.

See all those rings in the signature below? You get those with Celtic Pride, not iso hero-ball nonsense. Kawhi has two rings with two separate teams where he was the top guy on both teams, which is a rarity in league history; especially for it to be done by dudes in their 20s. And he’s still barely 30.

We all saw what JB did in the Finals. We lost three in a row because we reverted back to that loser iso crap. And we all know who the ring-leader was of that. Right before game one and JB announces he’s partnering with Kanye on non basketball stuff? Fine, but why do that right before the Finals if all you’re focused on is winning rings?

This guy is not how we’re going to win rings and we are best off selling him high rather than low at the deadline in 2024. The KD/Kyrie circus has presented a unique and extremely rare opportunity to bring in a top five player just like we did in 2007. It we can turn JB, picks and bench players into Kawhi, we must do it. The reason is right in the signature below.
Brown was the team's best player in the Finals

Yes, we all adore JB iso ball when we lose three in a row, particularly when we lose the title on our home court. Thank you, sir—may I have another?

There’s a problem on this team when they don’t play together like they did January - May 2022, when they revert to that iso loser ball, and both JB and Smart are the worst offenders. How does it start? Does it seem safe to bet it’s probably starting with the guy who does business with Kanye and consults with Kyrie? Just maybe there’s a reason why JT was utterly disengaged in those final three games. Maybe he doesn’t like confrontation and knew there was nothing he could say or do to stop the iso loser ball of the Fall of 2021 from coming back and doing us in? Maybe JT wants KD or Kawhi just as badly as some of us? Whatever JT wants, we best give it to him, no? If it’s JB that JT wants, #JKJB all day long. But if JT wants differently, and why exactly would JT not want a top five player paired with him if we can do it without losing anybody other than JB? JT is an aspiring top five player and pairing him with a top five player gets him far more recognition than seeing us descend once again into the loser iso ball.

Unbelievable that people would rather bet everything on a guy who does business with Kanye and consults with Kyrie instead of bringing in a top five player, the rarest of opportunities finally being available for this short window…
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 05:51:59 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #482 on: July 09, 2022, 05:46:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Another Saturday, another all-in dream if Kawhi is willing to make the same commitment KG made in 2007:

LAC In: KD
BKN In: JB, Pritchard, Kornet, Hauser, BOS 2024 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2026 BOS 1st swap, 2027 BOS 1st, 2029 BOS 1st swap, (3) 2023 BOS 2nds

* 2024/2026 swaps top 1 protected; 2029 swap top 3 protected.

just no.  this thread just won't die.

no trade for Kawhi should be considered until seeing him hit the court after all that time off.

No risk, no reward. There’s a much bigger risk JB walks and we have to deal him as an expiring or lose him for nothing than there is a risk of Kawhi, an NBA 75 team player who’s barely 30, not coming back as good as ever considering his game relies on BBIQ, strength and shooting. Pair him with Udoka, who was with him at the start of his career and mentored him into two-time DPOY? Mind blown.

The rumor is he may be malingering because he’s PO’d at the Clippers medical staff for not being forthright about risks, etc., spending his own money to make sure he’s getting the best medical advice and care possible. As we all know, Boston has the best hospital and some of the best doctors in the world.

I have little doubt he's not going to prove he's worth half of what you're trying to give away to get him.

I have little doubt he’s spent millions of his own to get himself back into 2019 shape. He’s just quiet and I suspect he’s quietly trying to find how he can load up the rings. If he is, he knows teaming up with JT would be a dream. Unlike KD, Kawhi is still the same age KG was when we brought him in, but Kawhi’s game relies on BBIQ/shooting just like TB12’s game relies on football IQ and passing accuracy. Mark my words: Kawhi will still be an elite NBA talent at age 39-40, possibly beyond.
100% complete and utter unsupported speculation on your part to justify your Kawhi fantasies.  you've apparently been hooked on this guy since Toronto made it's run but in no universe is your desire for Kawhi at the expense of Jaylen supported by proven fact.  none

« Reply #483 on: July 09, 2022, 05:54:53 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

BKN In: JB, Pritchard, Kornet, Hauser, BOS 2024 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st, 2026 BOS 1st swap, 2027 BOS 1st, 2029 BOS 1st swap, (3) 2023 BOS 2nds

no trade for Kawhi should be considered until seeing him hit the court after all that time off.

No risk, no reward. There’s a much bigger risk JB walks and we have to deal him as an expiring or lose him for nothing than there is a risk of Kawhi, an NBA 75 team player who’s barely 30, not coming back as good as ever considering his game relies on BBIQ, strength and shooting. Pair him with Udoka, who was with him at the start of his career and mentored him into two-time DPOY? Mind blown.

The rumor is he may be malingering because he’s PO’d at the Clippers medical staff for not being forthright about risks, etc., spending his own money to make sure he’s getting the best medical advice and care possible. As we all know, Boston has the best hospital and some of the best doctors in the world.

I have little doubt he's not going to prove he's worth half of what you're trying to give away to get him.

I have little doubt he’s spent millions of his own to get himself back into 2019 shape. He’s just quiet and I suspect he’s quietly trying to find how he can load up the rings. If he is, he knows teaming up with JT would be a dream. Unlike KD, Kawhi is still the same age KG was when we brought him in, but Kawhi’s game relies on BBIQ/shooting just like TB12’s game relies on football IQ and passing accuracy. Mark my words: Kawhi will still be an elite NBA talent at age 39-40, possibly beyond.
100% complete and utter unsupported speculation on your part to justify your Kawhi fantasies.  you've apparently been hooked on this guy since Toronto made it's run but in no universe is your desire for Kawhi at the expense of Jaylen supported by proven fact.  none

I’ve been hooked on Kawhi since I watched him shutdown LeBron James in the 2014 NBA Finals, ending Ray-Ray’s career with defeat in the rematch of 2013. I was the loudest and most vocal supporter of dealing JB for Kawhi back in 2018. Had we done that deal, we would have won the title that year instead of Toronto since our supporting cast was every bit as good as Toronto’s that year when Kawhi pretty much single-handedly powered them to a title.

« Reply #484 on: July 09, 2022, 06:12:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I’ve been hooked on Kawhi since I watched him shutdown LeBron James in the 2014 NBA Finals, ending Ray-Ray’s career with defeat in the rematch of 2013. I was the loudest and most vocal supporter of dealing JB for Kawhi back in 2018. Had we done that deal, we would have won the title that year instead of Toronto since our supporting cast was every bit as good as Toronto’s that year when Kawhi pretty much single-handedly powered them to a title.
Not on this site you weren't. You didn't start posting here until late May 2019.

« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2022, 07:14:20 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Not on this site you weren't. You didn't start posting here until late May 2019.

That’s true. On here I only kept going on about the mistake we made after-the-fact. I’ve been reading posts here since the KG/Truth trade, though, and was 100% in agreement with the people who argued for trading JB for Kawhi.

« Reply #486 on: July 11, 2022, 11:31:41 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
If we make no additional moves, still hope there’s an agreement in place to bring in TJ McConnell via TPE/1-2 second rounders. Would make us ten-deep given that Brogdon is tall enough to play the three:

Smart/McConnell
JB/D-White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Gallinari

Bench: Pritchard (maybe move for a pick), Kabengele, Hauser, Kornet, Ryan

Gives us the flexibility to roll with this next year, after convincing Horford to come back as a potential 6MTY:

Smart/McConnell
Brogdon/D-White
JB/G. Williams
JT/Horford
Timelord/Horford

If are truly tied to JT, JB and Smart at PG, the above seems like the best path forward.

« Reply #487 on: July 11, 2022, 11:42:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If we make no additional moves, still hope there’s an agreement in place to bring in TJ McConnell via TPE/1-2 second rounders. Would make us ten-deep given that Brogdon is tall enough to play the three:

Smart/McConnell
JB/D-White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Gallinari

Bench: Pritchard (maybe move for a pick), Kabengele, Hauser, Kornet, Ryan

Gives us the flexibility to roll with this next year, after convincing Horford to come back as a potential 6MTY:

Smart/McConnell
Brogdon/D-White
JB/G. Williams
JT/Horford
Timelord/Horford

If are truly tied to JT, JB and Smart at PG, the above seems like the best path forward.
I don't think you can have 3/4 guards be either non-shooters or so inconsistent as to essentially be non-shooters.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #488 on: July 13, 2022, 01:14:23 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
If you were Danny, what is the best you can get for Donovan Mitchell? I suspect something like this could be available:

DET In: Donovan Mitchell
UTA In: Olynyk, 2025 DET 1st, 2026 DET 1st swap, 2027 DET 1st, 2028 DET 1st swap, 2029 DET 1st, 2030 DET 1st swap

That’s three first-round picks and three first-round swaps while absorbing Olynyk. Hard to see him getting a better haul. Not even sure Detroit would go for it.

A hilarious scenario to fantasize about: He gives up a couple early Minnesota firsts and dumps Conley for Kyrie in order to shake down the Lakers for the 2027 and 2029 first-rounders, so something like this:

DET In: Donovan Mitchell
UTA In: Kyrie, Olynyk, 2025 DET 1st, 2026 DET 1st swap, 2027 DET 1st, 2028 DET 1st swap, 2029 DET 1st, 2030 DET 1st swap
BKN In: Conley, 2023 MIN 1st, 2025 MIN 1st

Then Kyrie risks being humiliated in Utah so the Lakers cave in and do:

UTA In: 2027 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st, Westbrick
LAL In: Kyrie

In other words, Utah dumps Conley and coverts probable non-lottery Minnesota picks into possible lottery picks for LAL in 2027 and 2029. Plus, they get the ticket draw of Westbrick on an expiring.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 01:27:26 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #489 on: July 13, 2022, 09:57:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That’s true. On here I only kept going on about the mistake we made after-the-fact. I’ve been reading posts here since the KG/Truth trade, though, and was 100% in agreement with the people who argued for trading JB for Kawhi.
you were wrong then and still are.  I wouldn't trade JB for Kawhi straight up.  Kawhi has a lot to prove to show where his level of play is at after all this time off

« Reply #490 on: July 26, 2022, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
A potential way for us to get KD without giving up any picks, which kind of makes this a no-brainer if JT would prefer having D-White as his PG instead of Smart (who knows what JT’s preferences are, but we best be catering to them!):

BOS In: KD
BOS Out: JB, Smart

UTA In: Smart, Simmons
UTA Out: Mitchell, Conley

BKN In: Mitchell, JB, Conley
BKN Out: KD, Simmons

Brooklyn then has two intriguing options: Turn around and deal Kyrie to LAL for Westbrick and two first-rounders, basically giving them a new core of JB/Mitchell to build around with Conley at PG and Westbrick as a one-year 6MOTY candidate backing up Conley/Mitchell. Or try to mend things with Kyrie now that his buddy JB is onboard and Simmons has been replaced by Mitchell. A core of Kyrie/Mitchell/JB is definitely something to be scared of…

Meanwhile, Utah gets to dump Conley and basically turn Mitchell into Smart/Simmons, which is a much better core to try to build-around than Mitchell alone. I think those two would fare really well in quiet Utah, and we’d only need to worry about Smart embarrassing us twice per year.

Meanwhile, we basically have an off-season that turns JB/Smart/Theis into KD/Brogdon/Gallinari. I do think the latter is a clear upgrade for us the remainder of JT’s current contract. It makes us title favorites over Golden State. And check out the available rotations:

D-White/Brogdon/Pritchard
JT/Brogdon/Pritchard
KD/JT/Batman/Brogdon
Horford/KD/Batman/Gallinari
Timelord/Horford/Gallinari/Batman

We’ll have two top ten players who may end up being two top ten five players, and then a really, really good supporting cast of seven other guys.

If the above is available, it’s a no-brainer.

« Reply #491 on: July 26, 2022, 04:29:00 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
A potential way for us to get KD without giving up any picks, which kind of makes this a no-brainer if JT would prefer having D-White as his PG instead of Smart (who knows what JT’s preferences are, but we best be catering to them!):

Brooklyn then has two intriguing options: Turn around and deal Kyrie to LAL for Westbrick and two first-rounders, basically giving them a new core of JB/Mitchell to build around with Conley at PG and Westbrick as a one-year 6MOTY candidate backing up Conley/Mitchell. Or try to mend things with Kyrie now that his buddy JB is onboard and Simmons has been replaced by Mitchell. A core of Kyrie/Mitchell/JB is definitely something to be scared of…

Meanwhile, Utah gets to dump Conley and basically turn Mitchell into Smart/Simmons, which is a much better core to try to build-around than Mitchell alone. I think those two would fare really well in quiet Utah, and we’d only need to worry about Smart embarrassing us twice per year.

Meanwhile, we basically have an off-season that turns JB/Smart/Theis into KD/Brogdon/Gallinari. I do think the latter is a clear upgrade for us the remainder of JT’s current contract. It makes us title favorites over Golden State. And check out the available rotations:

JT/Brogdon/Pritchard
KD/JT/Batman/Brogdon

We’ll have two top ten players who may end up being two top ten five players, and then a really, really good supporting cast of seven other guys.

I am not endorsing the trade but your depth chart is so complicated, I can't even tell what we would have:

Starters:
Brogdon
Tatum
Durant
Horford
RWilliams

Back ups:  White, Pritchard, Gallinari, Grant, Hauser, Kornet

We would be really big, which I like, 6'-5" PG, 6'-8" SG, 6'-10" SF.

I just can't get my head around breaking up a team that made it to the finals by trading two starters, an all star and a DPOY, even for Durant.  I am not even considering the impact on UTA or BKN.  Seems like they would both want more though.

« Reply #492 on: July 26, 2022, 05:21:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

JT/Brogdon/Pritchard
KD/JT/Batman/Brogdon

as in you'd have to have no brains to want to make that trade.

Brooklyn gets a reset with 2 younger all-stars while unloading 2 malcontents.  Utah wouldn't do the deal because they've just replaced their backcourt with 2 non-shooters.  C's give up their starting backcourt for 1 player -- even if that player is KD, not enough for my liking.

« Reply #493 on: July 26, 2022, 11:34:06 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I just can't get my head around breaking up a team that made it to the finals by trading two starters, an all star and a DPOY, even for Durant.

The Celtics in the Finals were not the Celtics of 2022, the team that beat the Bucks, but instead the Celtics of 2021 again.

am not even considering the impact on UTA or BKN.  Seems like they would both want more though.

They may very well want more, but perhaps this is the best that’s out there for folks trying to dump Conley and Simmons. Everyone knows Mitchell is a nice piece, not a cornerstone.

« Reply #494 on: July 26, 2022, 11:36:51 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

JT/Brogdon/Pritchard
KD/JT/Batman/Brogdon

as in you'd have to have no brains to want to make that trade.

Brooklyn gets a reset with 2 younger all-stars while unloading 2 malcontents.  Utah wouldn't do the deal because they've just replaced their backcourt with 2 non-shooters.  C's give up their starting backcourt for 1 player -- even if that player is KD, not enough for my liking.

Would you rather build your team around Mitchell, or around Smart/Simmons? Let’s not forget Smart is DPOY and Simmons is a multiple all-star and former All-NBAer who’s been on multiple all-defense first teams. They’re only in their mid/late 20s. I personally think Simmons could live up to expectations as the Fresh Prince if he gets to go to a friendly market with a low-key media. Utah wojld be perfect for Simmons and Simmons could be perfect for Utah.