4 (2.7%)
Someone else but not Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd
35 (23.6%)
Kara Lawson
12 (8.1%)
Rondo
8 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Who's the New coach!  (Read 70353 times)

Re: Who's the New coach!
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2021, 11:13:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Looks like the only thing that can stop Becky Hammon from being the next HC of the Celtics is Becky Hammon preferring to wait for the Spurs job.

Brad is going to talk to Pop....Pop will probably recommend her or tell Brad she is off limits.

It’s her job if she wants it.

« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2021, 11:14:21 PM »

Kiorrik

Looks like the only thing that can stop Becky Hammon from being the next HC of the Celtics is Becky Hammon preferring to wait for the Spurs job.

Brad is going to talk to Pop....Pop will probably recommend her or tell Brad she is off limits.

I'd be so curious to be a fly on the wall in any conversations had.

This is such a huge deal, both directions. Wanting to stay with an organisation like San An... you have to respect that.

« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2021, 11:15:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Based upon what?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2021, 11:17:48 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

huge leap. what’s driving your perspective here?

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2021, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501

Source?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »

Kiorrik

Hahaha - for the record, I wondered that too, but considered it hyperbole :p

« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2021, 11:19:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Based upon what?

Internet research. I see she is the best thing since slice bread. They have Brad on video basically endorsing her. Brad wants to play the San Antonio style. She has experience coaching in the NBA. She is not a re-thread. Kara Lawson is probably not available. Becky has 7 years experience has an assistant under one of the best.

« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2021, 11:57:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501

Based upon what?

Internet research. I see she is the best thing since slice bread. They have Brad on video basically endorsing her. Brad wants to play the San Antonio style. She has experience coaching in the NBA. She is not a re-thread. Kara Lawson is probably not available. Becky has 7 years experience has an assistant under one of the best.

Roy, can you take away one of his stars for that post. Kidding...(not kidding)  :angel:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2021, 12:24:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Based upon what?

Roy, can you take away one of his stars for that post. Kidding...(not kidding)  :angel:

Ha....You know it’s coming...Becky or Kara.

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2021, 12:25:28 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
No joke: It sounds like Hammon is going to become our HC or the Spurs’ next HC. The more I read about her, the more excited I become. This is basically a young version of Pops available for the taking.

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2021, 12:53:44 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
No joke: It sounds like Hammon is going to become our HC or the Spurs’ next HC. The more I read about her, the more excited I become. This is basically a young version of Pops available for the taking.

Make hirstory Celtics!

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2021, 12:58:59 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Make hirstory Celtics!

Don’t you mean herstory? Nice to see some great motion offense San Antonio style.

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2021, 01:19:35 AM »

Kiorrik

Make hirstory Celtics!

Don’t you mean herstory? Nice to see some great motion offense San Antonio style.

... Thanks. I hate it. TP.

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2021, 01:24:40 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

More likely Pops would vacate rather than let her walk. No?

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2021, 01:26:26 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 998

More likely Pops would vacate rather than let her walk. No?

Depends how ready he is to retire and how willing she is to wait, I’d think.  It does seem like the plan is for her to take over after 1-2 more seasons.