Author Topic: 2021 Draft  (Read 74344 times)

Re: 2021 Draft
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2021, 06:32:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
Getting ready for Sandro and Kessler Edwards and Grimes.

Grimes is going to be a solid NBA player. Can’t imagine him not going in the first round.

Me either but guys are going to fall. There are just too many players in this draft.
This is a great draft class. One of the late picks is going to be a star for sure.

Maybe even an undrafted player.

« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2021, 06:37:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1488

Grimes is going to be a solid NBA player. Can’t imagine him not going in the first round.

Me either but guys are going to fall. There are just too many players in this draft.
This is a great draft class. One of the late picks is going to be a star for sure.

That’s why I hate the fact that Tacko, Grant, and Waters are on the team. They have no upside. Roll the dice on someone who at least has a chance.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2021, 06:39:55 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That’s why I hate the fact that Tacko, Grant, and Waters are on the team. They have no upside. Roll the dice on someone who at least has a chance.

I'm betting that Tacko and waters are gone. There will be spots for some of these undrafted guys.

« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Sandro, Kessler Edwards and Grimes would all be great at 45. Grimes has got to be gone before that but this draft is so deep some guys must slide.

Joe Wieskamp shot lights out!

« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I can see why the Celtics are bringing guys that probably won't be drafted. This draft is that deep.

« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'm betting that Tacko and waters are gone. There will be spots for some of these undrafted guys.
I believe their 2-way option has been exhausted so they either have to be let go or signed to the 15 man roster.  they're not good enough to take up a real roster spot so they'll be gone in all likelihood.

« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2021, 10:06:25 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Sandro Mamukelashvili is basically a 6'11" point guard. He could be a good pick at 45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-xSq3cyQLo
OMG!
How is this dude not going in the first round?

« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769
Sandro Mamukelashvili is basically a 6'11" point guard. He could be a good pick at 45.

OMG!

I've wondered the same thing. He looks like a young Boris Diaw, who I think would be perfect for this team.

« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2021, 10:25:08 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422

OMG!

I've wondered the same thing. He looks like a young Boris Diaw, who I think would be perfect for this team.

Out of all the bigs in the class he might be the best suited to mimic Al Horfords role in offense.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2021, 10:48:13 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

OMG!

Out of all the bigs in the class he might be the best suited to mimic Al Horfords role in offense.

Pretty bad on defense. What is a young Joe Ingles without the pull-up and with Gallinari's defensive instincts and body? What is James Johnson without the elite athleticism?

Frankly, he's probably more Dragan Bender than anything.

Or, and I think I've got it with this comparison -- Josh McRoberts, but worse on defense.

« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2021, 01:53:12 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

OMG!

Pretty bad on defense. What is a young Joe Ingles without the pull-up and with Gallinari's defensive instincts and body? What is James Johnson without the elite athleticism?

Or, and I think I've got it with this comparison -- Josh McRoberts, but worse on defense.

His PER is 20.2 17.5 PTS 7.6RB 3.2 AST 33% from 3 has a really good handle and passing. Defense is a weakness but he can probably run a second unit as a 6-11 point guard. At 45 I think he's a solid pick.

« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2021, 01:54:02 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

OMG!

This is a super deep draft.

« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2021, 02:44:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You know two summers ago fans were applauding management for bringing in Waters and Tacko because they had obvious upside. Now we should hate they are on the team because management gave them a chance and found out they actually didn't have upside?

They were two way players! How can you hate that two way players, that actually aren't on the 15 man roster, were part of the team because they had no upside, when a clear massive majority of two way players never amount to anything.

Two years ago people praised Danny for taking a chance on high upside guys like Tacko and Waters. By the fall, people will probably be loving Brad's two way players because of their upside. Wanna bet two years from now people will hate those two players are on the team because they have no upside?

« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2021, 02:56:25 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
By the fall? I see what you did there? Was that deliberate?

« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2021, 09:40:57 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

OMG!

His PER is 20.2 17.5 PTS 7.6RB 3.2 AST 33% from 3 has a really good handle and passing. Defense is a weakness but he can probably run a second unit as a 6-11 point guard. At 45 I think he's a solid pick.

I'm with you. None of what I said was a knock. I'd love it if we got him. I'm just forecasting a realistic projection of what he would be as a role player.