Author Topic: More RW3 Please  (Read 4786 times)

More RW3 Please
« on: January 09, 2021, 11:57:13 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I’d like to see Robert Williams get a minimum of 20-25 minutes a game. He’s averaging 6.8ppg, 6.5rpg, 1stl, and 1.5blk in only 15 minutes of play. Shooting 77% from the field and 86% from the FT line. His per is 26.31 which is 10th in the NBA and 1st on the Celtics.

If his minutes were doubled would he average 13.6ppg, 13rpg, 2stl, and 3blk? I’m not sure, however, I do feel like he has more of an impact on the game than either Theis or Thompson. Theis seems to have regressed this year and I’ve been quite disappointed in Thompson, who is averaging 8ppg, 8rpg, 0.8blk.. His D doesn’t seem great and offensively he’s inept. RW3 is the only big the Celtics have with any upside.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:50:23 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: More RW3 Please
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 12:55:47 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Too early for Thompson....played in or started 78 playoff games.

I agree he isn't in sync yet, but, my guess is Stevens has him playing with Theis at the start of games to help Thompson get in sync by playoff time.

Robert has looked really good. He has found his own "NBA game" and it is good. His decisions are sharp and confident. He was always an excellent passer. He sprints the floor which is a big deal for a center in the NBA. His timing on blocks is good. He isn't watching the game anymore he is impacting it.

Opponents seem to be attacking him on defense, but he seems better. Much more involved with his mates on the court.

He has had all of this in flashes up to this season, but now it seems to be coming together.

When he's on the court he can jump higher than any other player on either team. I think he has learned to use his athleticism to good effect.

He'll start some games this year which is good.

I am a huge fan of this bench group...

Pritchard
Tatum or Brown
Semi
Grant
Robert

Robert and Grant complement each other and Pritchard knows how to get Robert some jams.

We should watch these guys closely...if they get really tight? Title teams need great benches.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Too early for Thompson....played in or started 78 playoff games.

I agree he isn't in sync yet, but, my guess is Stevens has him playing with Theis at the start of games to help Thompson get in sync by playoff time.

Robert has looked really good. He has found his own "NBA game" and it is good. His decisions are sharp and confident. He was always an excellent passer. He sprints the floor which is a big deal for a center in the NBA. His timing on blocks is good. He isn't watching the game anymore he is impacting it.

Opponents seem to be attacking him on defense, but he seems better. Much more involved with his mates on the court.

He has had all of this in flashes up to this season, but now it seems to be coming together.

When he's on the court he can jump higher than any other player on either team. I think he has learned to use his athleticism to good effect.

He'll start some games this year which is good.

I am a huge fan of this bench group...

Pritchard
Tatum or Brown
Semi
Grant
Robert

Robert and Grant complement each other and Pritchard knows how to get Robert some jams.

We should watch these guys closely...if they get really tight? Title teams need great benches.

Once Kemba comes back, the starting lineup will most likely be:

Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Thompson.

Bench: Pritchard, Teague, Theis, R Williams, Semi, Langford

DNP’s: Nesmith, Taco, G Williams, Waters, Edwards, Greene

That’s a pretty solid starting lineup and bench...
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Robert Williams is a game changer. He steps on the court and the opposition stops driving to the basket. Elite shot blocker/rebounder and he seems to be the only player on the C’s that can snatch offensive rebounds, leading to extra possessions. His passing is solid and it really seems like the game has slowed down for him. Can’t wait to see Timelord and Smart on the court together after the all star break. They are going to give opposing teams fits. Lastly, Scal said on the broadcast Tonight that Timelord reminded him of Marcus Camby. Is there a current of former player that he reminds you of?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 10:48:06 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 11:07:40 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
He could've EASILY put up 18/20 tonight. Teammates gotta get used to throwing it to him a bit more. Wide open in a lot of those plays. Some of it looked pretty bad on broken plays where a lob could easily be thrown

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Timelord now has the 5th highest player efficiency rating in the NBA...

Jokic: 32.73
Giannis: 29.08
Zion: 28.31
Kawhi: 27.56
Timelord: 27.44

TL Per 36: 15.7pts, 13.5reb, 3.7 Blk, 3ast, 1.8stl

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Timelord now has the 5th highest player efficiency rating in the NBA...

Jokic: 32.73
Giannis: 29.08
Zion: 28.31
Kawhi: 27.56
Timelord: 27.44

TL Per 36: 15.7pts, 13.5reb, 3.7 Blk, 3ast, 1.8stl

Also, only 2 turnovers!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 12:59:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He is also a gifted passer.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 03:21:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'd be stunned if Thompson wasn't traded in the off season, probably to a contender for a 2nd round pick. He is  an experienced back up center.

Rob will be our starting center next season.  And the better of Kornet or Wagner will fill the role of back up.  I was favoring Wagner until last night's game, but Kornet has opened my eyes. I'd like to see more of him. He actually seems to have a good feel, such as that Rob Williams like pass to Tatum on the back door. And the guy can shoot the 3.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 03:25:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Rob is light years ahead of where I thought he’d be by now.

His March numbers are insane, and his averages in 2 games as a starter aren’t too shabby; 8 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 4 apg, 3.5 bpg, 2 spg.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 04:51:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Rob is light years ahead of where I thought he’d be by now.

His March numbers are insane, and his averages in 2 games as a starter aren’t too shabby; 8 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 4 apg, 3.5 bpg, 2 spg.

Interesting. For me Rob  is playing now  the way I expected him to play in the bubble. 

I think his teammates have to do a better job of setting him up for alley oop dunks.  Harden is the master of this; they should be studying his game film. He sets up Jordan for so many easy dunks, and Jordan isn't half the athlete Rob is today.

Rob also needs to develop a move.  He needs to be able to put the ball on the floor and make a move. I hope he works on this a lot in the off season, as much or more than he works on his outside shot.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:01:12 PM by footey »

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 01:27:51 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
He looked tired on Sat. His endurance isn't quite where it needs to be, given that he leaves it all out on the court when he plays. Performance isn't always linear in relation to minutes played. 25 min is probably his limit to maximize his effectiveness right now. Over time that minutes played number can grow, but we don't want to break him through overuse.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 01:46:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He looked tired on Sat. His endurance isn't quite where it needs to be, given that he leaves it all out on the court when he plays. Performance isn't always linear in relation to minutes played. 25 min is probably his limit to maximize his effectiveness right now. Over time that minutes played number can grow, but we don't want to break him through overuse.
This is in a nut-shell why I wouldn't at all be opposed to nabbing someone like Boogie. Boogie can come in when Rob is tired, and is much more suited to taking the beating that some NBA bigs are capable of dishing. Plus, having two genuine bigs willing to get rough with the opposition sounds beautiful!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 01:48:06 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
This is in a nut-shell why I wouldn't at all be opposed to nabbing someone like Boogie. Boogie can come in when Rob is tired, and is much more suited to taking the beating that some NBA bigs are capable of dishing. Plus, having two genuine bigs willing to get rough with the opposition sounds beautiful!
Isn't that what Thompson already is?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 02:30:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Isn't that what Thompson already is?
In a way, but Boogie has a much better offensive skill-set with his shooting, passing and ball-handling, as well as being 20+ lbs heavier and a few inches taller
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)