Author Topic: Three way trade idea to obtain Bradley Beal. And become a legit contender  (Read 8646 times)

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 It’s a bummer but I agree that teams won’t trade for Kemba. I think it’s too much of an unknown of what would be this season snd two more. Hopefully he comes back for us and he has good fortune with rest. But to hope he’s back to his best with us.. I am pessimistic.

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
We need a ban on all Kemba trade ideas.

1. In his limited time later in the year last season, he was a shell of himself;
2. His playing style and physical profile bring very little to the table if he's robbed of his quickness (i.e., he's not a big guy or savvy 3-and-D guy who could add value when limited);
3. News on his injury, and the treatment he's getting, suggest something chronic/degenerative;
4. Danny & Co. have a far better picture of his future health than any trade partner would;
5. The last guy Danny moved in a similar situation (IT) basically washed out of the league.

Now, you're another GM and Danny calls you looking to move Kemba. Knowing all of the above and that you're taking back one of the most expensive contracts in the league, why on earth would you offer anything of value in return?

“We need a ban on all Kemba trade ideas”  ::) 💡 free press strong and well then....your points above reflect that he isn’t the piece/value of his contract ‘Danny’ intended him to be. Teams do take/trade players to become worse on purpose in the short term ya know...Washington must be close to tank mode surely, Westbrook isn’t moving the W column it seems

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like the idea of Walker for Beal.  I feel like Beal would have a lot of chemistry with Tatum as they seem to be good friends/rivals.

We probably have to throw in Langford and a couple of 1st rounds picks on top of Walker, but it would be worth it imo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y36d3gcf

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The one that makes the most sense for me is with San Antonio for DeRozan and Lonnie Walker but no way they do that right?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cmon Danny get it done.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We need a long wing type or power forward. Not Bradley Beal.

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Beal is fools gold. Might be an exaggeration lol

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671

Agree. 

First of all, I acknowledge that Beal is a hell of a player but I'm not as sold on his fit with the Jays as some people are here.  He's a massive-usage scorer who doesn't defend.  Seems like a weird piece for people to call for when they're also complaining about Kemba's defense and demanding that every important shot go to Tatum or Brown. 

Second, I think a real PF would solve a couple of this team's problems.  First of all, playing Jaylen and Jayson at the 2 and 3 means that opposing defenses have a much harder time putting a long wing on Kemba (which he struggles with sometimes).  Because trying to hide most point guards on Brown or Tatum isn't going to end well for the defense.  Also, my impression of our defense is that a lot of our problems happen when an offense is able to drag our big out of the paint with a switch.  The rest of our players aren't doing their jobs defending on the interior and boxing out when required.  A real PF who is more comfortable in the paint would help us out with that, I think.  Millsap really would have been perfect for this team this year.  Too bad that didn't happen.

I don't know if John Collins is a real possibility, but if he is, that's the guy who I'm interested in.  Just not sure if we can afford the trade demand to get him or the contract demand to keep him. 

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Agree. 

First of all, I acknowledge that Beal is a hell of a player but I'm not as sold on his fit with the Jays as some people are here.  He's a massive-usage scorer who doesn't defend.  Seems like a weird piece for people to call for when they're also complaining about Kemba's defense and demanding that every important shot go to Tatum or Brown. 

Second, I think a real PF would solve a couple of this team's problems.  First of all, playing Jaylen and Jayson at the 2 and 3 means that opposing defenses have a much harder time putting a long wing on Kemba (which he struggles with sometimes).  Because trying to hide most point guards on Brown or Tatum isn't going to end well for the defense.  Also, my impression of our defense is that a lot of our problems happen when an offense is able to drag our big out of the paint with a switch.  The rest of our players aren't doing their jobs defending on the interior and boxing out when required.  A real PF who is more comfortable in the paint would help us out with that, I think.  Millsap really would have been perfect for this team this year.  Too bad that didn't happen.
Agree 100%. And I love Bradley Breal. Only way Beal fits on this team is if Brown is going out.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I want Beal to pull a AD or Harden.  Request a trade to the Celtics

Tatum and Brown are untouchables though. So another arrangement would have to be made

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
We need a ban on all Kemba trade ideas.

1. In his limited time later in the year last season, he was a shell of himself;
2. His playing style and physical profile bring very little to the table if he's robbed of his quickness (i.e., he's not a big guy or savvy 3-and-D guy who could add value when limited);
3. News on his injury, and the treatment he's getting, suggest something chronic/degenerative;
4. Danny & Co. have a far better picture of his future health than any trade partner would;
5. The last guy Danny moved in a similar situation (IT) basically washed out of the league.

Now, you're another GM and Danny calls you looking to move Kemba. Knowing all of the above and that you're taking back one of the most expensive contracts in the league, why on earth would you offer anything of value in return?

Yeah. Unless/until he shows he’s back to his all-star form, we would have to give an asset to a team to take his contract. And given how long the deal is I’m not sure anybody bites.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Sixers should trade for him. He would be a great combo with Embiid. We have zero chance in getting him without giving up one of our big 2 and that is just not happening. Let’s get real here..zero chance. He would add a lot more to the Nets vs Kyrie as well but do they want Cryrie? Probably not.

Re: Three way trade idea to obtain Bradley Beal. And become a legit contender
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 01:02:39 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I want Beal to pull a AD or Harden.  Request a trade to the Celtics

Tatum and Brown are untouchables though. So another arrangement would have to be made

Give them anyone but Tatum and Brown.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)