Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 42777 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 07:04:56 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
It takes awhile before new teammates to get use to each other..they be tough to beat playoffs time
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 07:53:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
The implosion will only happen mentally if they keep losing and Kyrie and KD start blaming the young players...

Which probably will happen at some point

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 08:08:33 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
They just need to trade Kyrie for Harden and deal with the media explosion. If their main goal is to win a championship, then they need to take advantage of the end of KD's prime.

Of course they will do better than they are now and it isn't 'over' for them by any means, but I would hate to bank my Title hopes on Kyrie being stable at the right time.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 08:52:40 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Too soon really but if the losing streak continues and the NY media starts putting pressure the implode will be inevitable.

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 09:03:00 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
When will people learn? Its too early to judge a team. Rrmeber when the previous years teams like detroit and magic had amazing starts? Dont put too much stock on these games, esp with shortened off and preseason.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 10:32:07 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
No, but I do think they miss Dinwiddie. He's a key loss for that team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 11:02:21 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4601
i haven’t wanted a team to implode more since the LeBron Heat. Unfortunately I think they’ll be fine come playoff time, theyre probably just coasting, too much talent there.

Nets don't make it to the top of my "hope they implode" list.  Sure I wouldn't mind seeing it, but they just don't bother me that much for whatever reason.  Probably because their team was largely put together without too much controversy: Kyrie and Durant didn't demand trades, didn't announce/leak their intentions beforehand, I don't think they form some unbeatable super team, Nets don't have a history (yet) of constantly landing great players, etc.

LeBron Heat, LeBron/AD Lakers, Kobe/Dwight Lakers, Philly as long as they have any remnants of the Process, Durant Warriors all easily top the Nets on my list of hoping they implode.

If they trade for Harden though, then they'd probably start moving up my list.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd very much enjoy seeing them implode, just not as much as other teams in the past.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
When will people learn? Its too early to judge a team. Rrmeber when the previous years teams like detroit and magic had amazing starts? Dont put too much stock on these games, esp with shortened off and preseason.

Their implosion wouldn't be on talent it would be the fact that both of their stars are mentally insecure and can give up at the drop of a hat.

I mean Kyrie pretty much sabotaged the Celtics locker room the last season and gave up against the bucks. Durant started to check out with the warriors as he "wasn't getting as much praise as curry"

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 11:17:01 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4601

Their implosion wouldn't be on talent it would be the fact that both of their stars are mentally insecure and can give up at the drop of a hat.

I mean Kyrie pretty much sabotaged the Celtics locker room the last season and gave up against the bucks. Durant started to check out with the warriors as he "wasn't getting as much praise as curry"

No argument on Kyrie, and Durant's definitely insecure, but dude was averaging 35/5/5/1/1 in the playoffs with better than 50/40/90 shooting splits before he was injured in '19.  Then rushed back to help his team in the Finals, giving himself an even worse injury in the process.  That doesn't look at all like checking out to me.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 12:09:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Why are they losing?

Their stars seem to be playing at a high level. Their role players are dependable types of players. What is happening? Why are they losing?

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 12:11:16 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Why are they losing?

Their stars seem to be playing at a high level. Their role players are dependable types of players. What is happening? Why are they losing?
Because they literally can’t play defense. Also, Dinwiddie was a huge loss for them. Levert has not looked good so far for them and with Harris in the starting lineup, they too have had production issues off the bench.

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 12:25:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Why are they losing?

Because they literally can’t play defense. Also, Dinwiddie was a huge loss for them. Levert has not looked good so far for them and with Harris in the starting lineup, they too have had production issues off the bench.

Why are they playing so badly on defense?

How has Durant been on defense? I thought his defense was meant to be pretty good post-achilles injury. Is that not he case?

Is DeAndre Jordan wrecking their team D with a lack of effort? I still do not understand why he is starting ahead of Jarrett Allen who is clearly the superior player.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 12:43:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
i haven’t wanted a team to implode more since the LeBron Heat. Unfortunately I think they’ll be fine come playoff time, theyre probably just coasting, too much talent there.

Nets don't make it to the top of my "hope they implode" list.  Sure I wouldn't mind seeing it, but they just don't bother me that much for whatever reason.  Probably because their team was largely put together without too much controversy: Kyrie and Durant didn't demand trades, didn't announce/leak their intentions beforehand, I don't think they form some unbeatable super team, Nets don't have a history (yet) of constantly landing great players, etc.

LeBron Heat, LeBron/AD Lakers, Kobe/Dwight Lakers, Philly as long as they have any remnants of the Process, Durant Warriors all easily top the Nets on my list of hoping they implode.

If they trade for Harden though, then they'd probably start moving up my list.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd very much enjoy seeing them implode, just not as much as other teams in the past.

I tend to hate any team that just signs multiple All-NBA players in one season for free. But I'll give them a little leeway since they lost out on Jaylen/Jayson with that bonehead trade of theirs...although they probably would have taken Bender/Fultz.

If we lose to them in the playoffs, then the full-on hate parade can begin, though.

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2021, 12:47:01 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
they can implode all they want but the thing is, this Nets team have our number...twice they have destroyed us and thats all Stevens has to know .

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2021, 05:45:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.