Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 42512 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2512
I don't envy Kyrie's teammates.   I have dealt with narcissists before, and it's draining.  A narcissist has the antithesis of the team mindset.  They are always focused inwardly, glorifying themselves, and as such their actions are aimed at reaching their own objectives and not the team's.

There is a honeymoon period where it is not evident just how crazy their motivations and reasoning are. But once that passes it's really not a fun thing to be around.

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't envy Kyrie's teammates.   I have dealt with narcissists before, and it's draining.  A narcissist has the antithesis of the team mindset.  They are always focused inwardly, glorifying themselves, and as such their actions are aimed at reaching their own objectives and not the team's.

There is a honeymoon period where it is not evident just how crazy their motivations and reasoning are. But once that passes it's really not a fun thing to be around.

They dealt with him last year and he showed little respect toward them.   

Watch him wait until Durant returns to return.

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2512

They dealt with him last year and he showed little respect toward them.   

Watch him wait until Durant returns to return.

That's definitely possible. He won't want to get exposed by carrying the team alone again.

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
What a teammate! Misses last night's game because he didn't feel like playing and is basically sitting out their road trip for the same reason. Funny enough, he's doing it while KD is out during his bit of quarantine. I wonder why?  :P

Seriously, if I'm BKN I'm already calling HOU and seeing if they'll take Kyrie + filler for Harden. I know KD is close with Kyrie but I think he's also close with Harden too, and I think if BKN does end up imploding later on, it'll be because of Kyrie. Better avoid that possibility soon.

Charles Barkley said this a year ago and I agree. Kyrie going to BKN was irrelevant without Durant. Even a handful of folks within the Nets organization didn't want Kyrie to begin with but to lure Durant they did it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2021, 02:00:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
they have more money than they can spend in three lifetimes with six families to support,  rings and zero motivation to work ( play ball) .

They are just messing with owners of franchises really.   At least Lebron is serious about basketball. , least to a point anyhow. 

Basically they are just showing off and looking for attention.  Dumbing down NBA , setting bad examples for kids not to achieve or work .  How to be lazy guide to an NBA stars life.  Nothing is about the game anymore ,  even Hayward fell to,the dark side.

But fans are fans ....many dumber than oysters and lap it up .

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2021, 02:15:40 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
What a teammate! Misses last night's game because he didn't feel like playing and is basically sitting out their road trip for the same reason. Funny enough, he's doing it while KD is out during his bit of quarantine. I wonder why?  :P

Seriously, if I'm BKN I'm already calling HOU and seeing if they'll take Kyrie + filler for Harden. I know KD is close with Kyrie but I think he's also close with Harden too, and I think if BKN does end up imploding later on, it'll be because of Kyrie. Better avoid that possibility soon.

Charles Barkley said this a year ago and I agree. Kyrie going to BKN was irrelevant without Durant. Even a handful of folks within the Nets organization didn't want Kyrie to begin with but to lure Durant they did it.
I was thinking same thing. I would be ecstatic if they trade Kyrie for Harden. He probably wouldn't report and block the trade if he could.

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
one bad sprain to either divas ankle or knee and the season is over ,  neither will play .  Its just a joke or pasttime for them .  Owners should really do everybody a favor and quit hiring these types of players.

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1633
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ian Begley
@IanBegley
Nets announce that Kyrie Irving will not play tonight against Memphis due to personal reasons.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2021, 06:28:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Ian Begley
@IanBegley
Nets announce that Kyrie Irving will not play tonight against Memphis due to personal reasons.

ear ache my eye  ;D

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2021, 06:42:07 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 608
Nets have better chemistry without Kyrie

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2021, 07:29:58 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Nets have better chemistry without Kyrie
So did we.

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2021, 07:38:17 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He is upset by the events in Washington DC.

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2021, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
After a big win over PHI, Nets now down 23 to Memphis
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2021, 10:16:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
DNP: NUTJOB

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2021, 09:21:30 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 377
guy has a max contract and just "doesnt feel like playing" and also doesnt even have the decency to tell his coach why. This stuff is why people say todays NBA is soft. Michael Jordan played near every game and willed his teams to victory when Pippin decided to sit out half a season.

wonder if this coincides with Durant being out and Kyrie just not wanting to "try" and will his team to victory.

If one of these guys has to miss any time with an injury I think we are going to see the other guy quit.