Author Topic: Post lottery (finally) Mock Draft  (Read 10254 times)

Re: Post lottery (finally) Mock Draft
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2020, 12:37:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In terms of pure fit

Tillman and Bane are like the Grant Williams of this draft.   Tillman is a few inches taller and can guard centers.  Bane is a legit sharpshooter.  Both have good IQ, excellent strength, leadership + high motor. 

14. Tillman

26 or 30. Bane

I wouldn't be surprised

I think the Nets would take Tillman at 18,  they need a guy like that who is willing to do the dirty work on D but doesn't need to  be called upon to score.   So if Danny likes him also,  he may need to reach or perhaps a team 15-17 is willing to make a trade

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2020, 01:28:31 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Do you think that any of these guys are better than Timelord? Cause if they aren't, then why bother?

Yes, in different ways, I do think they could be better.

Tillman is a very skilled, Draymond Green type player. I’m not saying he is Draymond Green but he certainly profiles that way. He’s like a larger stronger version of both Smart and Grant Williams. He plays with real fire and his passing ability, perhaps his strongest asset, would be perfect on this team. At 6’9” and 245 he could not only play some PF for us but could also be a great small ball center.

As for Azubuke:  6’11”, bouncy 275 lb big man with a 7’7” wingspan who likes to bang, rebound and defend - yes, give me that as an addition to all the athleticism we have on this team. That is different than Robert Willams and will come in handy against the biggest guys in the playoffs.

So you move forward with a big man rotation of:
T-Lord, Grant Williams,Theis, Azubuke, Tillman and keep Kanter or sign Baynes.

That would be one nasty and incredibly versatile group of bigs - super physical, super tough.

In my view - the perfect compliment to our group of wings and guards:

Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Ojeleye, #14, Smart, Kemba, Langford and Wanamaker.

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
In terms of pure fit

Tillman and Bane are like the Grant Williams of this draft.   Tillman is a few inches taller and can guard centers.  Bane is a legit sharpshooter.  Both have good IQ, excellent strength, leadership + high motor. 

14. Tillman

26 or 30. Bane

I wouldn't be surprised

I think the Nets would take Tillman at 18,  they need a guy like that who is willing to do the dirty work on D but doesn't need to  be called upon to score.   So if Danny likes him also,  he may need to reach or perhaps a team 15-17 is willing to make a trade

Tillman at 14? C'mon.

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2020, 02:00:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
In terms of pure fit

14. Tillman

26 or 30. Bane

I wouldn't be surprised

Tillman at 14? C'mon.

Like I stated, it maybe a reach

But teams like Nets are hungry for a guy like that.   Like a Draymond Green glue player

Certainly you can't expect Kyme to play hard consistent D and Durant is not going to be able to put the effort in, night in and night out

This said, the Celts do already have Grant Williams.  So would Tillman cause duplication?   

At times, I have really liked what I have seen from Grant with Kanter, like in game 2. There is very good strength from this pairing.  So I would imagine that, that would be the case with a potential Grant Williams/Tillman frontcourt  (but even better, as Tillman is a better defender than Kanter).

Sounds like a pain to play against.  While Brown, Tatum, Walker take care of the scoring department

In general I think Danny is looking for high IQ, team 1st players that will fit in seamlessly.  Celts don't have much money to sign FAs.  So need to fill in the gap somehow

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2020, 02:09:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
In terms of pure fit

14. Tillman

26 or 30. Bane

I wouldn't be surprised

Tillman at 14? C'mon.

But teams like Nets are hungry for a guy like that.   Like a Draymond Green glue player

Certainly you can't expect Kyme to play hard consistent D and Durant is not going to be able to put the effort in, night in and night out

This said, the Celts do already have Grant Williams.  So would Tillman cause duplication?   

At times, I have really liked what I have seen from Grant with Kanter, like in game 2. There is very good strength from this pairing.  So I would imagine that, that would be the case with a potential Grant Williams/Tillman frontcourt  (but even better, as Tillman is a better defender than Kanter).

Sounds like a pain to play against.  While Brown, Tatum, Walker take care of the scoring department

In general I think Danny is looking for high IQ, team 1st players that will fit in seamlessly.  Celts don't have much money to sign FAs.  So need to fill in the gap somehow

I'm okay with Tillman at 30 or 46, and think he will be available then so why over draft him?

A number of more talented guys available at 14.  We should be able to draft an elite shooter (Nesmith, Bey) or playmaker (Lewis), guys who can help us next year and also become more than back ups down the road.

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 02:38:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
In terms of pure fit

14. Tillman

26 or 30. Bane

I wouldn't be surprised

Tillman at 14? C'mon.

I'm okay with Tillman at 30 or 46, and think he will be available then so why over draft him?

A number of more talented guys available at 14.  We should be able to draft an elite shooter (Nesmith, Bey) or playmaker (Lewis), guys who can help us next year and also become more than back ups down the road.

Im sure you be ecstatic but its unlikely he is still available that late. Especially 46??

Raptors i would imagine take Tillman at 28, if still available

I like Nesmith also. So if Danny took him at 14. Its a nice find.  But thats if he is still available

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2020, 07:12:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Then, I want two big guys at 26 and 30. I feel that would really round out this team long term - if you pick them right. And I think we can pick them right because they don’t have to be world beaters, just solid bigs.

#30: I “really” like Azubuke. But, one of Vernon Carey, Isaiah Stewart, etc - the Best remaining big guy fit for us.
Do you think that any of these guys are better than Timelord? Cause if they aren't, then why bother?

Personally speaking, I like none of our big man options at #26/#30.

Give me Achiuwa at 14!  ;D
Haven't watched enough of him. Do you think he can ever become a small-ball Center? I mean, he definitely has the length to play at the 5.

Height: 6'9" (not sure whether it's with shoes on)
Wingspan: 7'2.25"
Standing reach: 9'

Fwiw, here are the respective numbers for Bam.

Height w/o shoes: 6'8.75"
Wingspan: 7'2.75"

He doesn't seem to be strong enough though (not yet anyway).

Weight
Achiuwa: 223 lbs
Bam: 242.6 lbs (at the combine)
Achiuwa played the 5 at college because of the whole Wiseman deal, so it's not something he's totally foreign to. He's older than most freshmen (turns 21 in a month), but I think his future is as a 4-5
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2020, 09:40:05 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Then, I want two big guys at 26 and 30. I feel that would really round out this team long term - if you pick them right. And I think we can pick them right because they don’t have to be world beaters, just solid bigs.

#30: I “really” like Azubuke. But, one of Vernon Carey, Isaiah Stewart, etc - the Best remaining big guy fit for us.

Haven't watched enough of him. Do you think he can ever become a small-ball Center? I mean, he definitely has the length to play at the 5.

Weight
Achiuwa played the 5 at college because of the whole Wiseman deal, so it's not something he's totally foreign to. He's older than most freshmen (turns 21 in a month), but I think his future is as a 4-5

I'm officially in on Achiuwa. I love his athleticism and body control. Plus, I think he might be available at our pick.

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2020, 09:45:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Weight

I'm officially in on Achiuwa. I love his athleticism and body control. Plus, I think he might be available at our pick.
Yeah, he plays a mature athletic game. We can always need some rangy athletic defenders! Another good body to throw at Giannis and Siakam

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2020, 12:34:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Tillman is a very skilled, Draymond Green type player. I’m not saying he is Draymond Green but he certainly profiles that way. He’s like a larger stronger version of both Smart and Grant Williams. He plays with real fire and his passing ability, perhaps his strongest asset, would be perfect on this team. At 6’9” and 245 he could not only play some PF for us but could also be a great small ball center.

As for Azubuke:  6’11”, bouncy 275 lb big man with a 7’7” wingspan who likes to bang, rebound and defend - yes, give me that as an addition to all the athleticism we have on this team. That is different than Robert Willams and will come in handy against the biggest guys in the playoffs.

That would be one nasty and incredibly versatile group of bigs - super physical, super tough.

Obviously not pretending to be an expert on college basketball, but I watched some clips of Azubuike defending and he looks really impressive - he's not a sloth out there so he doesn't get killed on switches while his length and DIQ makes him a really good PnR defender in a drop scheme with the ability to step out a bit if needed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2020, 01:21:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Obviously not pretending to be an expert on college basketball, but I watched some clips of Azubuike defending and he looks really impressive - he's not a sloth out there so he doesn't get killed on switches while his length and DIQ makes him a really good PnR defender in a drop scheme with the ability to step out a bit if needed.
He's got legit NBA athleticism, but it's his skill, age and tendency to miss games that causes concern. He just shot a career high 44% from the FT line this year, averages less than 1APG but over 2TOPG, and has only managed 87 games in 4 years at Kansas (11 as a freshman and 9 as a junior). He'd be okay as a late round pickup, but he gives me scary Hasheem Thabeet vibes for some reason

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2020, 04:09:59 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He's got legit NBA athleticism, but it's his skill, age and tendency to miss games that causes concern. He just shot a career high 44% from the FT line this year, averages less than 1APG but over 2TOPG, and has only managed 87 games in 4 years at Kansas (11 as a freshman and 9 as a junior). He'd be okay as a late round pickup, but he gives me scary Hasheem Thabeet vibes for some reason
Oh absolutely. I was thinking of drafting him at #26 or #30, I'd rather swing for the fences with #14.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 05:02:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh absolutely. I was thinking of drafting him at #26 or #30, I'd rather swing for the fences with #14.
Give me a haul of Kira Lewis, Paul Reed and one of Azubuike/Nnaji/Tillman and I'll be happy, assuming we keep them all.

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2020, 07:35:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
could be several players that are late bloomers ,  that should be lottery picks,  be interesting to see who these closet potential stars are and watch them emerge from relative obscurity.

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 10:35:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Definitely have very different opinions on Toppin and Maxey. Maxey looks like a James Young 2.0 while Toppin could very well end up as the best player in this draft.

Agreed and agreed.