Author Topic: Hayward Out 4 Weeks (Per Shams)  (Read 55174 times)

Re: Hayward left on crutches
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Hayward will miss four weeks per Shams.

He's done.

No fault of his own, but has to be one of the worst signings in Celtics history.

Classy.

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Dang, 4 weeks is forever in playoff time.

Still, though, don’t think this should forbid us from beating Philly, and I still think we can beat Toronto sans-Hayward with Tatum’s and Brown’s emergence and a healthy Kemba, though the margin for error is razor thin.

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 01:29:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
When was Robyn Hayward due? Hopefully that can be wrapped up in this recovery time, too.

Looks like she’s expecting for early September, so with him missing likely at least three games in the semifinals series anyways, looks like the bigger impact may be on this series against Philly.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 01:36:44 PM by jpotter33 »

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 01:31:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
You spend all year waiting for the playoffs to start and then the hospital Celtics never go away. Back to rooting against the Lakers to not win a title.

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sometimes it's just not meant to be.

Feels like that's how it is with Gordon and the Celts.

I bet he has a nice post-season run with some team at some point, but it feels like it won't be the Celts.

I mean, there's always next season.  I really have a hard time envisioning a realistic scenario where he is playing somewhere else next season.

I can't see Hayward turning down his option year, given nobody is paying him anywhere near that much money annually on the open market. And I also don't see any way the Celtics can trade him either, given matching his salary is going to be extremely difficult.

But, yeah, his first three seasons here have been a disaster.  Max dollars for minimal contribution.

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 770

Still, though, don’t think this should forbid us from beating Philly, and I still think we can beat Toronto sans-Hayward with Tatum’s and Brown’s emergence and a healthy Kemba, though the margin for error is razor thin.

Two rounds. They'll have to beat the Sixers and Raptors. Doable, but difficult. Guys are gonna get a chance to play. Semi, Grant Williams, maybe Romeo, and maybe even Green depending on matchups.

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2020, 01:36:53 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Even series now with Simmons and Hayward out..whoever has the hot hands will win this series
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2020, 01:37:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
#NEBHInjuryReport Celtics forward @gordonhayward  suffered a Grade III sprain of his right ankle during the fourth quarter of last night’s game against Philadelphia. He is expected to miss approximately four weeks.

Further updates will be provided as appropriate.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 106
#NEBHInjuryReport Celtics forward @gordonhayward  suffered a Grade III sprain of his right ankle during the fourth quarter of last night’s game against Philadelphia. He is expected to miss approximately four weeks.

Does the four weeks coincide with when he's expected to be out for the birth of his son?

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753

Oh man! A grade III sprain is rough. Those take forever to heal.

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2020, 01:42:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041

If they let things like last night happen moving forward, I don't see the Celtcs getting very far in the playoffs. You need to sink every 3-pointers you attempt, make no turnovers, make every layup and tip-ins and get every defensive rebounds. Oh, and make every wide-open 3's that your defender allows you to shoot (looking at you, Theis).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Even series now with Simmons and Hayward out..whoever has the hot hands will win this series

Tobias Harris is gonna feast on Semi Ojeleye or whoever is starting/filling in for Hayward.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2020, 01:45:41 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Personaly, I don't expect from Hayward anything more than this. We'll just never have his full-strength contribution. I like the guy, but he's done as a Celtic for me.

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The depressing thing is this Philly team actually has more depth than the Celts at this point.

The Celts have 5 players in the rotation I trust.  That's at least 3 fewer than you really need.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2020, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Brad's one of the best in the business at piecing together a team with holes so I still like their chances vs Phil, though Toronto is going to be a problem. The thing is Brad is now forced to play people who shouldn't be playing in the playoffs - and this comes back to Ainge's completely punting on the 2019 draft.

They become a lot easier to defend because you can always leave Semi/G. Williams/Langford open.  They're not going to make open shots - or at least enough of them to not be considered a liability on the court.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 01:53:49 PM by Kuberski33 »