Author Topic: 2020-21 season tickets  (Read 876 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

2020-21 season tickets
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:03:47 PM »

Offline jbpats

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1061
  • Tommy Points: 220
Got my email about upgrading today. I am surprised when they said there will be limited options to move around either way I am staying put since there is so much doubt with next season & live events in general.

I am wondering if they are anticipating a limited capacity regulation resulting in a limited upgrade window?

My buddy thinks that it will be a 25% capacity rule, I am on the other side of that thinking 50-75%. 

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »

Offline jbpats

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1061
  • Tommy Points: 220
Got my email about upgrading today. I am surprised when they said there will be limited options to move around either way I am staying put since there is so much doubt with next season & live events in general.

I am wondering if they are anticipating a limited capacity regulation resulting in a limited upgrade window?

My buddy thinks that it will be a 25% capacity rule, I am on the other side of that thinking 50-75%.

Saw an article yesterday that the Patriots are allowing STM's to uncommitt to next season if they were uncomfortable attending games but still have the option of keeping their tickets for the year after (and beyond). They are also offering free parking for STM's who choose to keep their seats for next year.
I think the Celtics should offer something similar. As it stands, and with a phase 2 looking highly likely, I feel like I am donating money to a lost cause next season.

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 02:41:46 PM »

Offline mef730

  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3663
  • Tommy Points: 714
The last thing that I want at that garage is free parking! :)

I can't even imagine what they are thinking of doing. Will they have food vendors open? Ushers? Lucky?

I'm keeping my tickets for this year. I'm not entirely convinced the season is going to happen, at least with fans there, so I'll take another 10% to roll over the credit until next year.

Mike


Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:27:14 AM »

Offline jbpats

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1061
  • Tommy Points: 220
The last thing that I want at that garage is free parking! :)

I can't even imagine what they are thinking of doing. Will they have food vendors open? Ushers? Lucky?

I'm keeping my tickets for this year. I'm not entirely convinced the season is going to happen, at least with fans there, so I'll take another 10% to roll over the credit until next year.

Mike

I emailed my rep asking for an update, I got a generic reply basically saying the season is 5-6 months away and they have no idea but I need to keep paying.
I expressed that the Celtics should offer something similar to the Patriots, give STM's the option to opt out and resume their tickets next year if they wish. I personally don't like donating 10% a month to so much unknown and uncertainty.. but I guess it is what it is.
The rumor in Patriot land is that IF fans are allowed in the stadium it will be a 20% capacity max. You'd have to think if the same thing happens to the C's it'll be an exclusive season for STM only entry. Kind of cool but i'd still be uncomfortable going in the midst of a worldwide pandemic.. maybe resale value would be sky high in that case (if you're even allowed to resell). 

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »

Offline mef730

  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3663
  • Tommy Points: 714
Don't know how they'd stop you from selling on StubHub. Besides, I think the STM would go nuts if they didn't allow it.

I'm in my window now and will post pictures later.

More seats open than I've seen in a loooonnnngggg time.

Mike

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 02:40:17 PM »

Offline jbpats

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1061
  • Tommy Points: 220
Don't know how they'd stop you from selling on StubHub. Besides, I think the STM would go nuts if they didn't allow it.

I'm in my window now and will post pictures later.

More seats open than I've seen in a loooonnnngggg time.

Mike

yep noticed the same thing, my window as well. Tons of people must have dropped this year.
Did they move you back to row 1?

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

  • Paul Silas
  • ******
  • Posts: 6932
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I was actually planning on visiting Boston next year, (obviously this year is probably going to end up on the back burner,) but if anyone here is interested in selling their tickets, I'll buy some off of you!  ;D

Is it fair to say, that tickets will most likely be sold at a fair price?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 05:36:01 PM »

Offline mef730

  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3663
  • Tommy Points: 714
Don't know how they'd stop you from selling on StubHub. Besides, I think the STM would go nuts if they didn't allow it.

I'm in my window now and will post pictures later.

More seats open than I've seen in a loooonnnngggg time.

Mike

yep noticed the same thing, my window as well. Tons of people must have dropped this year.
Did they move you back to row 1?

TP for remembering! And yes, much to my surprise, the seats were open so I got moved to row 1. Whoo-hoo!

Mike

Re: 2020-21 season tickets
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 05:37:13 PM »

Offline mef730

  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3663
  • Tommy Points: 714
I was actually planning on visiting Boston next year, (obviously this year is probably going to end up on the back burner,) but if anyone here is interested in selling their tickets, I'll buy some off of you!  ;D

Is it fair to say, that tickets will most likely be sold at a fair price?

The CS rule has always been to sell at no more than face value, so you should be good to go! If it's a midweek game, you'll find a lot more sellers than weekend or big games.

Mike