Author Topic: Bold Predictions (and a little hot takey) on the 2020 NBA Draft  (Read 5985 times)

Re: Bold Predictions (and a little hot takey) on the 2020 NBA Draft
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'll do one more, since it is my thread :)

One prospect will fall dramatically on draft night. Scouts will be more cemented in their views, and even if a guy drops to them, they will still draft a different player that they fell in love with. Top 10 talent will be available in the late teens or twenties.

I was honestly psyched Bol bol was still on the board at #14 when the Cs were drafting last year. Can't believe he lasted until the mid-40s. That is a bit of an extreme example, but typically somebody slides well beyond their projected slot. Hopefully the Cs are ready to jump on said example if it happens again this year.

Re: Bold Predictions (and a little hot takey) on the 2020 NBA Draft
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'll do one more, since it is my thread :)

One prospect will fall dramatically on draft night. Scouts will be more cemented in their views, and even if a guy drops to them, they will still draft a different player that they fell in love with. Top 10 talent will be available in the late teens or twenties.

I agree with this. Someone projected in all mocks to go top 7 or 8 will slide to us.

Who will slide? I say Toppin, Haliburton or Okoro.  I think one of them could be available at 14, and can't say if I would be excited about any one of them. I doubt Danny would draft Toppin, not his kind of player, could see him drafting Haliburton and most definitely Okoro.