Author Topic: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Draft over. Playoffs coming soon!  (Read 196968 times)

Re: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Rounds 5 & 6 today! Let's do this!!!
« Reply #1065 on: March 27, 2020, 11:53:42 AM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 151
With the 13th pick in Round 5 of the 2020 Historical Draft the Miami Heat select:

Andrei Kirilenko

Yes! My biggest personal binkie. I've been waiting to see who would take him, as he's the perfect glue guy for essentially any roster. Especially this one, which has a ton of misfits and needs quiet laborers who get the job done.

Jimmy, AK-47, Dwight. That's a tough trio to score on in the frontcourt.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #1066 on: March 27, 2020, 11:53:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Chicago+Bulls+v+Milwaukee+Bucks+Game+Three+aTPXLA9g1gux.jpg

Derrick Rose

He won’t be the starter, but he will destroy teams off the bench.

I'd start him.  I had him as my #16 overall player.  He's great.  I understand why the other MVPs fell, but not this guy.

I had him as a late 2nd early 3rd. I thought he'd be perfect for Duncan or KG. Like an uber-version of Tony Parker. Imagine if D-Rose had of gotten to play with Ginobili and Duncan like Parker did. That would have been incredible.

Well, he’ll get to play with Manu here.  And Giannis and the Mailman.  I’m psyched.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1067 on: March 27, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
https://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Chicago+Bulls+v+Milwaukee+Bucks+Game+Three+aTPXLA9g1gux.jpg

Derrick Rose

I'd start him.  I had him as my #16 overall player.  He's great.  I understand why the other MVPs fell, but not this guy.

I had him as a late 2nd early 3rd. I thought he'd be perfect for Duncan or KG. Like an uber-version of Tony Parker. Imagine if D-Rose had of gotten to play with Ginobili and Duncan like Parker did. That would have been incredible.
I didn't want him after drafting Carter - Rose was a meh defender (the excellent Bulls defence was due to the excellence of two frontcourt players and a cast of staunch defensive role players) and a ball dominant guard who couldn't really shoot.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1068 on: March 27, 2020, 11:55:03 AM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 151

Derrick Rose

Well, he’ll get to play with Manu here.  And Giannis and the Mailman.  I’m psyched.

The only concern is with floor spacing, but you still have so much time to make that happen and play different combinations. Rose will be fantastic with any of your three bigs.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #1069 on: March 27, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Cool. I get the guy I wanted. Sticking with the Spanish National Team model, over the years they had 3 different ways of upping the tempo while one of the Gasol brothers rested on the bench. A defensive SF/PF, a defender/shooter PF/C and in recent years an offensive PF/SF. I am going for the PF/C.

Boston Celtics select Rasheed Wallace pick 5.7

Sheed will give the team more speed and quickness up front to matchup better against PnR offenses & perimeter orientated big men like Dirk Nowitzki without sacrificing too much in size or interior defense.
I know Somebody who will love this!
I don't, Who's team is now very problematic LOL
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1070 on: March 27, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I expected the MVP's to go this round, but the best one is still available which I find strange. 

Same

« Reply #1071 on: March 27, 2020, 11:56:12 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
With the 13th pick in Round 5 of the 2020 Historical Draft the Miami Heat select:

Andrei Kirilenko
think he should have gone much higher in this round, especially given several of the players taken.  I assume 3rd year will be used when he made his only all star game (13th in MVP voting that year also).  16.5 p, 8 r, 3 a, 3 b, 2 s and shot a respectable 34% from 3.  He is the perfect 4th or 5th starter in this league. 

BTW, him and Deron were 2 of the 4 players I thought you could have taken before the round to put together a competitive team.  The other 2 are still available.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1072 on: March 27, 2020, 11:56:41 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Derrick Rose

I was between him and Russ. Opted for Russ, but Rose prior to the injuries was a monster! I had never imagined that either one of them would have been available in the 5th round!

Amazing value at #68!

« Reply #1073 on: March 27, 2020, 11:56:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Derrick Rose

I didn't want him after drafting Carter - Rose was a meh defender (the excellent Bulls defence was due to the excellence of two frontcourt players and a cast of staunch defensive role players) and a ball dominant guard who couldn't really shoot.

I can show you the Synergy stats, but Rose was actually a quite good defender, particularly against the pick-and-roll.  And, he shot 33% from 3PT, which equates to a 50% eFG%.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1074 on: March 27, 2020, 11:57:41 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Andrei Kirilenko
think he should have gone much higher in this round, especially given several of the players taken.  I assume 3rd year will be used when he made his only all star game (13th in MVP voting that year also).  16.5 p, 8 r, 3 a, 3 b, 2 s and shot a respectable 34% from 3.  He is the perfect 4th or 5th starter in this league. 

BTW, him and Deron were 2 of the 4 players I thought you could have taken before the round to put together a competitive team.  The other 2 are still available.
I was actually thinking about him with my pick, but I didn't like the lack of high volume shooting and offensive creation from him when I didn't have a ton of top end offensive talent to go with.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1075 on: March 27, 2020, 11:58:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I expected the MVP's to go this round, but the best one is still available which I find strange. 

Same

Between size, attitude, efficiency and fit, he’s a hard guy to build around.  And he was adverse to coming off the bench.

« Reply #1076 on: March 27, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Derrick Rose

I can show you the Synergy stats, but Rose was actually a quite good defender, particularly against the pick-and-roll.  And, he shot 33% from 3PT, which equates to a 50% eFG%.
He was also a really strong mid-range shooter off the dribble, which would be a killer with heavy picks from the 3 giants you have. 44% from 10-16 feet and 40% from 16 feet out to the arc in his MVP year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1077 on: March 27, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427

Derrick Rose

Yeah, I agree. I don't think D-Rose got enough credit for his defense. He was a solid defender with solid size & elite quickness and athleticism.

He was difficult for opposing PGs to play against.

He just didn't make much highlight plays but he stayed in position well and didn't give opponents much in the way of easy opportunities. 

« Reply #1078 on: March 27, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1633
  • What a Pub Should Be
With the final pick of the 5th round, the Brooklyn Nets select: Blake Griffin

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1079 on: March 27, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Derrick Rose

That was mainly due to the excellence of the player he was defending pick and rolls with. And that 3 point percentage is alright, but it's not good enough to me as a guy who'd be playing second fiddle to Vince (he'd be alright as an offensive engine though, I like the pick).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA