Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 403578 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #1365 on: December 29, 2019, 11:53:16 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
About the ONLY thing I'd want coming back from an OKC trade is Steven "Arthur Curry" Adams - if we traded JT.
I'm gonna get some serious hate for this, but would you guys consider SGA + Steven Adams for Tatum + Smart + Kanter?

(click on image to enlarge)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t9otqm3

If you ask me, the C's get the best player in the trade in SGA, plus a defensive Center/rebounder in Adams. But that's just me, cause I'm super high on SGA.

Kemba - Wanamaker - Edwards - (SGA)
SGA - Langford - Green - (Brown)
Brown - Semi - (Hayward - Langford)
Hayward - G. Williams - (Theis)
Adams - Theis - R. Williams - Poirier

For what it's worth, Smart played college ball at Oklahoma State. I bet the Thunder would feel confident that they could keep him at OKC for years to come. To a lesser extent, the same argument could be made for Tatum. I mean, he's from St Luis which is relatively close to OKC. For a small market team like the Thunder, it's possible that they value these sort of things.
why on earth would we need SGa if we have all star Kemba Walker
He can play at the 2 as well. I mean, he's playing great next to CP3 who's a lot more ball dominant than Kemba.

Imagine the ball movement with Kemba-SGA-Hayward all in the same lineup. That would be special! 8)

« Reply #1366 on: December 30, 2019, 12:03:09 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
You will get hate for this proposal lol
Yeah, you will get hated on for this one.

Kanter gives us similar rebounding and inside scoring to Adams
Except Adams is hands down the better defender. We can use him to slow down the likes of Embiid, Giannis, Sabonis, Drummond in the playoffs.

Smart is more valuable than Adams
Unlike Smart, Adams plays a position of need for us.

Tatum is better than SGA
Well, we agree to disagree on this one. :) Check out the thread Tr1boy made on SGA.

« Reply #1367 on: December 30, 2019, 01:59:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You will get hate for this proposal lol
Yeah, you will get hated on for this one.

Kanter gives us similar rebounding and inside scoring to Adams
Except Adams is hands down the better defender. We can use him to slow down the likes of Embiid, Giannis, Sabonis, Drummond in the playoffs.

Smart is more valuable than Adams
Unlike Smart, Adams plays a position of need for us.

Tatum is better than SGA
Well, we agree to disagree on this one. :) Check out the thread Tr1boy made on SGA.
Adams couldn't even slow down Kanter, lol.

Also just don't agree that Adams is a huge need-filler for us. Not much better than Kanter and Theis - certainly not worth the premier guard defender in the league.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1368 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Michael Porter Jr with a career high 19pts last night in his first start for the Nuggets. He looked really good. Step back jumper. A falling away jump-shot off a drive. Cuts. Putbacks. His 6-10 frame with that jump-shot threat looks a potentially lethal weapon next to the passing of Jokic.

I'd love for him to come good and give Jokic some real help down there in Denver. I don't want that team to be stuck in a 50-55 zone where they are a clear rung below the best of the West. If Porter Jr can give Denver that extra offensive weapon, that would be huge for them.

A versatile talented young three man core of Jokic, Murray and Porter Jr would give Denver lots of opportunities in the years to come of building a title contender.

Anyway, that is the horse before the cart ...

For now, just nice to see Porter Jr have a good game and hopefully that will continue. Denver got a good thing there. I'd love to see them add to that group. Hopefully Porter Jr can do that.

« Reply #1369 on: December 30, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Michael Porter Jr with a career high 19pts last night in his first start for the Nuggets. He looked really good. Step back jumper. A falling away jump-shot off a drive. Cuts. Putbacks. His 6-10 frame with that jump-shot threat looks a potentially lethal weapon next to the passing of Jokic.

I'd love for him to come good and give Jokic some real help down there in Denver. I don't want that team to be stuck in a 50-55 zone where they are a clear rung below the best of the West. If Porter Jr can give Denver that extra offensive weapon, that would be huge for them.

A versatile talented young three man core of Jokic, Murray and Porter Jr would give Denver lots of opportunities in the years to come of building a title contender.

For now, just nice to see Porter Jr have a good game and hopefully that will continue. Denver got a good thing there. I'd love to see them add to that group. Hopefully Porter Jr can do that.
I really wanted to find a way to trade up and draft him.  Felt his talent was worth the risk once he started dropping. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1370 on: December 30, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yup, that's the whole reason they're telling everyone he's untouchable. He's Denver's real chance to become title favorites internally, they aren't going to be in a position to get that level of talent to compliment Jokic otherwise barring some sort of blockbuster trade.

« Reply #1371 on: December 30, 2019, 11:09:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Yup, that's the whole reason they're telling everyone he's untouchable. He's Denver's real chance to become title favorites internally, they aren't going to be in a position to get that level of talent to complement Jokic otherwise barring some sort of blockbuster trade.
Agreed, but he still has a long ways to go before he's close to being that sort of complementary talent (yes it's complement, not being a prick about it but I see a lot of Americans get it wrong, which is understandable given the pronunciation of the word) imo, ntm that his injury concerns are still very much real (look at his family, they're a walking injury list).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1372 on: December 30, 2019, 01:15:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
(yes it's complement, not being a prick about it but I see a lot of Americans get it wrong, which is understandable given the pronunciation of the word)
Then try not being a prick about it? Grammar police  ::)

"not to be" then being the thing is one of the most annoying ticks people have.

« Reply #1373 on: December 30, 2019, 09:31:56 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 744
we're back to 2cd...heat lose to beal'less wizards

« Reply #1374 on: December 30, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
we're back to 2cd...heat lose to beal'less wizards

It's a long season.

The good news is Celts still on pace for 60 wins.

« Reply #1375 on: December 30, 2019, 09:59:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Some shocking results so far tonight with the Hawks/Wizards winning and the Pistons hanging with the Jazz.

« Reply #1376 on: December 30, 2019, 10:01:38 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Lakers vs. Celtics in 3 weeks time.

« Reply #1377 on: December 30, 2019, 10:21:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Some shocking results so far tonight with the Hawks/Wizards winning and the Pistons hanging with the Jazz.
Yeah, some really random scoring outbursts from that Wizard lineup. Definitely not complaining.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1378 on: December 30, 2019, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Wow the Nets are collapsing like they are the Hornets just now too. Weird night, glad the C's are off lol.

« Reply #1379 on: December 30, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
(yes it's complement, not being a prick about it but I see a lot of Americans get it wrong, which is understandable given the pronunciation of the word)
Then try not being a prick about it? Grammar police  ::)

"not to be" then being the thing is one of the most annoying ticks people have.
Sure, I guess you like people not politely telling you whenever you make a mistake (I'm definitely not going to be grammar police and point out grammatical errors, that's just unnecessary, but this is spelling!) so you continue looking like an idiot because they somehow must be a prick about it (I certainly don't believe how I pointed out the error was what a prick/grammar police would do, they'd be much more direct and rude with their approach).

Feeling insulted because someone politely pointed out that you made a mistake is one of the most annoying ticks people have ::)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA