Poll

Would you sign Kemba Walker to the max (4/140M; 32.7M 1st Year)

Yes
80 (66.1%)
No
41 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Kemba Walker (Kemba to formalize agreement on Sunday, pg 40)  (Read 77398 times)

Re: Kemba Walker/Celtics free agency rumor(merged).
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Posted this in another thread sorry if it's already been done:

Brad Townsend: Current Kemba Walker destination likelihood order, per league source: 1. Boston 2. Charlotte 3. Dallas (definitely in the mix, with Lakers) Somewhere down the line: New York
3 hours ago – via Twitter

« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2019, 08:33:54 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Posted this in another thread sorry if it's already been done:

Brad Townsend: Current Kemba Walker destination likelihood order, per league source: 1. Boston 2. Charlotte 3. Dallas (definitely in the mix, with Lakers) Somewhere down the line: New York
3 hours ago – via Twitter

I still can’t  shake the “this is all just a smokescreen” thought. But at the same time, Kemba might want to play in a competitive market before he retires. I’d love it if this were true.

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

Free agent center Enes Kanter is expected to receive interest from the Portland Trail Blazers, Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics on June 30, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2019, 09:02:46 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
So just in general, this is what I think will happen.

As I've said many times, my preference is adding D'Lo + 2 decent centers.

What do I predict actually happens? Kemba stays in Charlotte, and the Celtics sign sign Vucevic + trade for Eric Gordon + use room exception to add another cheap, depth center.

Eric Gordon might sound surprising, but he's available and honestly he'd be the perfect fit on this team I feel. Might be that underrated move that looks like a "steal" when you look back. And I think we can absorb his salary in a trade too unless Vuc actually gets a deal larger than 25M AAV (and I don't think he will).

We all talk about how the team (especially bench) can be prone to scoring droughts. Gordon is capable of scoring in bunches and is a bit underrated. At his current contract, he's looked fantastic. And you'd still have Brown + Smart getting a bigger role and a chance to keep improving too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

What do I predict actually happens? Kemba stays in Charlotte, and the Celtics sign sign Vucevic + trade for Eric Gordon + use room exception to add another cheap, depth center.

Eric Gordon might sound surprising, but he's available and honestly he'd be the perfect fit on this team I feel. Might be that underrated move that looks like a "steal" when you look back. And I think we can absorb his salary in a trade too unless Vuc actually gets a deal larger than 25M AAV (and I don't think he will).

We all talk about how the team (especially bench) can be prone to scoring droughts. Gordon is capable of scoring in bunches and is a bit underrated. At his current contract, he's looked fantastic. And you'd still have Brown + Smart getting a bigger role and a chance to keep improving too.

I think I would rather take all the reportedly shopped from Houston and toss them a first.

Capela would allow Hayward to start at PF, and tucker and gordon round out the bench very well.

Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Gordon/Langford
Tatum/Tucker/Semi
Hayward/Williams/Yabusele
Capela/Williams/

« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2019, 09:12:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!

I think I would rather take all the reportedly shopped from Houston and toss them a first.

Capela would allow Hayward to start at PF, and tucker and gordon round out the bench very well.

Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Gordon/Langford
Tatum/Tucker/Semi
Capela/Williams/

WHOA! You didn't trade Hayward in this scenario?  :o :P

Also, is it actually possible to take back all 3 in a trade and give up just a pick. Simply absorbing their salaries into our cap space?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2019, 09:24:23 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Gordon/Langford
Tatum/Tucker/Semi
Capela/Williams/

Also, is it actually possible to take back all 3 in a trade and give up just a pick. Simply absorbing their salaries into our cap space?

it pained me to do so.

they add up to about 38.5 mill, so we would need to add cash or yabusele

« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2019, 09:53:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3209

Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Gordon/Langford
Tatum/Tucker/Semi
Capela/Williams/

it pained me to do so.

That's a good trade for us. We add Tucker, Cappella and Gordon for Yabu and cap space.

« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2019, 10:59:05 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Gordon/Langford
Tatum/Tucker/Semi
Capela/Williams/

it pained me to do so.

That's a good trade for us. We add Tucker, Cappella and Gordon for Yabu and cap space.

I like this trade. Solves fills holes, strengthens the bench (a lot).
Still, we would be running with rook backing up the point and a really raw back up center .
OTOH, the trade would screw the 6rs out of getting any return for Butler if he bolts for Houston. :)

« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2019, 08:50:50 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
We can always add vet mins at either PG or C to strengthen the bench as well.  I really do like this option, with 2 of the 3 expiring next year as well.

« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2019, 08:58:44 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 718
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Following Following @wojespn
More
The Boston Celtics have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Charlotte All-Star guard Kemba Walker once free agency opens Sunday at 6 PM ET, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2019, 09:00:40 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Per Woj, Cs frontrunners for Kemba when FA starts on Sunday

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1144227344892272647?s=21

« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2019, 09:01:44 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Following Following @wojespn
More
The Boston Celtics have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Charlotte All-Star guard Kemba Walker once free agency opens Sunday at 6 PM ET, league sources tell ESPN.

Always liked Kemba.

Would be happy to add him, but there has to be further deals lineup up if we get him for bigmen.

Hopefully it does not involve brown or smart as I think they are perfect compliments to kemba. Perfect.

Bot can defend at a top level, both cam attack on closeouts, both are respectable from the three.

They are ideal compliments to kemba.

« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2019, 09:06:09 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Per Woj, Cs frontrunners for Kemba when FA starts on Sunday

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1144227344892272647?s=21

So the plan is Kemba and Kanter? Are we confident we could afford Kanter if we get Kemba? Gotta think he will be offered more than the MLE by somebody.

Potential starting 5 next year:
Kemba
Brown
Gordon
Tatum
Kanter

Bench
Smart
Semi
Theiss
Rookies

Gotta admit if Kawhi leaves i'd say that is a 2nd seed in the NBA.. depending on what Philly does.

Re: Kemba Walker (Woj - Celts are favorites)
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 718
  • MASTER OF PANIC
You win in the NBA with superstars. Give me Kemba.

I have no interest in keeping Rozier and adding Lopez and Danny Green. That does not do much.