Author Topic: Vincent Poirier to Celts(merged threads)  (Read 36312 times)

Re: Vincent Poirier Euro Big man linked to Celts
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

My Sauces are telling me we have been linked to him for sometime. Does anyone have anymore Sauce I'm hungry for Tall men.

https://youtu.be/A4cv40uGCAY

does he do anything but dunk and block shots? Looks like Darko 2.0 another euro stiff that will get homesick once he finds out he will get limited minutes in the NBA.

Have you seen the competition for center minutes? Whoever we bring in is getting minutes.

I saw a couple of his Euroleague games. He runs the court well and sets good picks. He also rolls to the basket well. True, the Euro players sometimes are not as strong as NBA players but he would be a good pickup at the right price.

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2019, 01:55:59 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3034
Sign him up. It's gonna be a mix and match year down low, but Theis and Poirier represent two seasoned player while we sort out what Yabu, Williams and Williams can offer.

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 01:59:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Does anyone have an idea what it would take to sign him?  Could we get him for the vet min or would we have to use the room exception?

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 05:09:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
Are we still going after thais guy or is Kanter it?

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
he is too similar to Kanter and we should find a 5 that can stretch.

Man I wish we could get Vonleh, he would fill a nice 4/5 backup role really well.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Does anyone have an idea what it would take to sign him?  Could we get him for the vet min or would we have to use the room exception?

Do you have to be a vet to get the vet min and can someone explain the room exception.

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836

Do you have to be a vet to get the vet min and can someone explain the room exception.

I doubt it. Look at Theis' contract: 850K his first year, 1.4 mm his second.

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2019, 05:50:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
he is too similar to Kanter and we should find a 5 that can stretch.

Man I wish we could get Vonleh, he would fill a nice 4/5 backup role really well.

I’m still holding out hope for Olynyk, personally.  Miami still needs to move some salary and just acquired Meyers Leonard.  If we S&T Horford to Philly and use his salary to match Kemba, then we can use Rozier’s S&T to match Olynyk.  It would have to be tied to the Miami-Philly-Portland-Clippers deal for a glorious 6-way trade involving four sign-and-trades.  (Note: Depending on what Horford’s actual year 1 salary is, we might also need to loop in Phoenix to add in Baynes’ salary.)

Odds, very low, of course, but not completely out of the realm of possibility.

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979

This guy refused to join us earlier this year due to not being guaranteed a starter minutes. With Kanter, I would guess the ship has sailed for him coming.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2019, 06:19:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

This guy refused to join us earlier this year due to not being guaranteed a starter minutes. With Kanter, I would guess the ship has sailed for him coming.

That is an exaggeration.  He was under contract in Europe and didn’t want to leave his team just to be the 15th man during the playoffs..  I’d say Kanter lessens the chance he comes, but I didn’t get the impression that he needed to start, just be able to be in the rotation.  He only plays about 20 minutes a game in Europe.

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2019, 06:27:25 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
I like these type of “rookies” that already know how to play professional ball.

I wouldn’t mind rolling him out there alongside Theis off the bench while we bring along the Williams’.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2019, 06:29:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
I like these type of “rookies” that already know how to play professional ball.

I wouldn’t mind rolling him out there alongside Theis off the bench while we bring along the Williams’.

This guy looks like a crazy train running the floor and on put backs, dunks and blocks!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:38:08 PM by liam »

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 06:31:36 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979

That is an exaggeration.  He was under contract in Europe and didn’t want to leave his team just to be the 15th man during the playoffs..  I’d say Kanter lessens the chance he comes, but I didn’t get the impression that he needed to start, just be able to be in the rotation.  He only plays about 20 minutes a game in Europe.

Good to hear. I hope we get him.

Celtics sign Vincent Poirier
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Boston Celtics and French center Vincent Poirier have agreed to a two-year deal, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Poirier is a 6-foot-11 center who will provide additional front court depth in Boston.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1146098412506570752

I know basically nothing about this guy but I know some people were pretty excited about him.  A little more depth up front doesn't hurt, that's for sure.

Re: Celtics sign Poirier
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2019, 12:54:08 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
Good. Very good. I posted a video of some 2018-2019 highlights on another thread. He is young, seems very athletic, can block shots, just does not shoot the 3. I think he can make a good center duo with Kanter. One rebounds well, have a good post up game and the other is more athletic and plays better defense. Our center play is getting better. I don't know if we're set at the position, but is a lot better than what we had on sunday.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!