Author Topic: Reported first round promises  (Read 1926 times)

Reported first round promises
« on: May 16, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
 Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 6m

Hearing first 2 promises of 2013 Draft: Dennis Schroeder & Giannis Antetokounmpo both given 1st round guarantees sources say.

also

Steve Bulpett Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop

Rivers injured, not at Pre-Draft combine. Suffered bad hamstring pull playing tennis. Ainge: "It's kind of funny, but it's not."

might be reading between the lines to much but I think Giannis is the Cs pick.

Facts
Dannys sons goes to Greece sees the kids play and loves him.

Then Danny goes out to see him play.

Speculation

Wouldn't be shocked if DA went out to Greece loved the kid and told his agent " Keep him out of nike hoop summit, and away from the predraft combine and we will take you at #16. Also would expect him to be stashed for a year then brought to maine for a year. With the end of the season additions of Randolph and Williams to contracts that keep them around next year maybe DA was planning on having roster spots open.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:26:40 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Reported first round promises
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 02:31:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wouldn't be surprised if Danny gave Giannis a promise when he saw him a few months ago

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'm really high on Schrouder and admittingly don't know a thing about the Greek kid but from what I read, I'd be happy with either
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47

Hearing first 2 promises of 2013 Draft: Dennis Schroeder & Giannis Antetokounmpo both given 1st round guarantees sources say.

also

Rivers injured, not at Pre-Draft combine. Suffered bad hamstring pull playing tennis. Ainge: "It's kind of funny, but it's not."

Facts

Speculation

Wouldn't be shocked if DA went out to Greece loved the kid and told his agent " Keep him out of nike hoop summit, and away from the predraft combine and we will take you at #16. Also would expect him to be stashed for a year then brought to maine for a year. With the end of the season additions of Randolph and Williams to contracts that keep them around next year maybe DA was planning on having roster spots open.

you are reading too much into it. i highly doubt danny takes giannis. theres no way the kid is worth 16th pick in the draft while being so raw. additionally danny always uses smokescreens. theres no way he would hype up the kid being pippen if he actually wanted him. he would say something negative hoping no one else would realise he was so good.

danny wants alex len. im not going to go into it, but thats who he wants.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

also

Facts

Speculation

you are reading too much into it. i highly doubt danny takes giannis. theres no way the kid is worth 16th pick in the draft while being so raw. additionally danny always uses smokescreens. theres no way he would hype up the kid being pippen if he actually wanted him. he would say something negative hoping no one else would realise he was so good.

No, please go into it, I insist :p
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422

also

Facts

Speculation

Would make sense but sounds like speculation
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet