Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Atlantic Division Press Conferences  (Read 49590 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Atlantic Division Press Conferences
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:34 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think the Atlantic has the two toughest teams in the league to gauge by a country mile. 3, if you take Rose returning at even 85% before Feb.

I could see how talent can overcome fit in NY and BOS, and I can see how poor construction can hold both teams back significantly. Really an interesting division.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2012, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm back at my computer and should be posting my presser today.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm back at my computer and should be posting my presser today.

woot woot!

« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I'm going to update this periodically to make sure it's coming out right
Brooklyn Nets

1.   Roster
    a.   To Start Season
   Damian Lillard/ Eric Maynor
   Paul George/ Nick Young
   Derrick Williams/ Tobias Harris/ Quincy Pondexter
   Ryan Anderson/ Jared Jeffries
   DeMarcus Cousins/ Emeka Okafor

b.   After the Return of Iman
   Damian Lillard/ Eric Maynor
   Iman Shumpert/ Nick Young
   Paul George/ Tobias Harris/ Quicny Pondexter
   Ryan Anderson/ Derrick Williams/ Jared Jeffries
    c.   After the return of Rose
   Derrick Rose/ Damian Lillard/ Eric Maynor
   Iman Shumpert/ Nick Young
   Paul George/ Tobias Harris/ Quicny Pondexter
   Ryan Anderson/ Derrick Williams/ Jared Jeffries

Roster

Derrick Rose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmlwBy4WAvI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLE971EFD0866C1BEE

PPG   APG   RPG   PER
21.8   7.9   3.4   23.10
2010-2011 MVP When healthy he is a top 5 player in the NBA. He will be healthy by the playoffs. Age 23.

Damian Lillard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJb9Qy6ylBs

26.5 points, 5.3 assists and 4.0 rebounds in Summer League (MVP of Vegas Summer League). Will start for the Blazers I expect 15/6 numbers from him out of the gate. Will keep the team in playoff contention with Rose out. Similar type pg to Derrick Rose. Age 22

Eric Maynor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0w8tZLU1e0
Career Numbers
PPG   APG   RPG
4.5   3.1   1.5   
Floor general young yet with a lot of experience. Will be a valuable back up when Rose is out. The Thunder struggled mightily at the back up pg spot without him, which is a big indication of his value. Age 24

Iman Shumpert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4YO1-rbyRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtU_7XeWmr8
PPG   APG   RPG     Defensive Win Shares
9.5   2.8   3.2        2.5 (48th in the league as a rookie)

Shumpert is one of the best on the ball defenders in the league. He's extremely athletic can get out on the break and finish at the rim. Has shut down such elite players as Rose and Wade in his rookie year. Age 22.

Nick Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkA17jDxZTo
14.2   0.9   2.1

Nick Young is a great scorer who is perfect in the microwave role off the bench. He can really shoot and is athletic. Will improve defensively using his length to bother shots (6'7). Should take a big step forward on Philly this year. Age 27

Paul George
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2tntW7SH_k
PPG   APG   RPG   PER   Defensive Win Shares
12.1   2.4   5.6   16.55      3.2 (20th in NBA)

Paul George is long and athletic. At 6'10 He can defend position 1-4 at an elite level and will only get better with experience. I expect his numbers to improve to 16/4/7 in his next year. When healthy a lineup featuring Rose, Shumpert and George forms an elite perimeter defensive team. Unlimited potential, age 22.

Tobias Harris
Rivals #5 2010 (5th rated HS prospect)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fQSXJZiJR4&feature=related
Summer League Stats (All Star in Summer League)
PPG: 20.8; RPG: 7.00; APG: 1.6

Elite talent drafted high last year, his first year was without the benefit of a training camp to improve. Looks to have made a strong improvement this off-season and will be a part of the Bucks rotation. Age 20

Quincy Pondexter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysM9tsMK5G0

Solid bench player that is an extremely hard worker. Athletic and strong will give 100% to improve his teammates during practice. Was given playing time last year with the Grizz last year and performed well. 24 years old

Derrick Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnM4t5u5UV4
PPG   APG   RPG
8.8   0.6   4.7

Second pick in the draft last year and did not have the benefit of training camp to improve. Showed great potential with two 27 point games in his rookie year. Will take a great step forward next year with more playing time. Can score outside rebound the basketball and finish inside. 21 years old.
Ryan Anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZVJHfk_VYQ
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
16.1   7.7   0.4   21.23

Ryan Anderson is the most underrated player in the league. He won most improved player last year, 9th in the nba in Win Shares last year. 11th in the NBA in points per 100 possessions. 29th in the NBA in PER. 6th in the NBA in offensive rebounds. 1st in the NBA in 3 pointers made. Perfect spacing the floor with DeMarcus Cousins. He's only 24 and should continue to improve.

Jared Jeffries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1vcckscGg
PPG   RPG   BLKPG
4.4   3.9   0.6

Great veteran to guide the young players. Plays excellent defense and rebounds well. Perfect bench big and leader.

DeMarcus Cousins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRax7fkBr5o
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
18.1   11.0   1.2   21.72
Cousins is one of the best big man in the NBA in his second year. He is only 21 and will continue to improve. He lead the NBA in offensive rebounds last year and was 5th in the league in total rebounds. 17th in the NBA in scoring. 22nd in the NBA in PER. He will only improve in his third year with added responsibility.

Emeka Okafor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReD5gveFhD4
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
9.9   7.9   1.0   15.13

Great back up that rebounds defends and blocks shots at a very high level. Hard worker and great veteran presence that will help mentor the younger players.

Thoughts on the team:
When my team is 100% healthy we are contenders for the title. I expect my players to be healthy come playoff time. The players that got injured are some of the most athletic in the league which means their bodies muscle recovery is faster than an average player. Shumpert and Rose will be healthy by the playoffs and ready to compete for a title.

The question is how will my team fair before those two players come back. If you look at what my players did last year the answer is that we will not make the playoffs. However, with foresight into the improvement of my players you realize that my team is very good. You can expect George, Cousins, Harris,  and Williams to take leaps forward next year. This improvement will allow my team to stay in playoff contention until Rose and Shumpert come back.

Damian Lillard is an important cog to my team. The Blazers selected him after stating his work out was one of the best workouts since Brandon Roy, who was a top 10 player in the league before being hurt. He was the best player in summer league this year and will probably be second in the rookie of the year race. He is a natural scorer in the Derrick Rose mold, he is surely less athletic than Rose but comes into the league with a much more polished game and a deadly jump shot.

If you want to look at how my players did last year I can see how I wouldn't be a playoff team, however if you take into account the logical progression my players should make my team is obviously a playoff team.

Offense:
On offense we expect to run mostly the pick and roll/pop and get the ball to Cousins and let him do work in the post. Either way we'll use our shooters to space the floor and allow our playmakers to make plays with a spaced court. If Cousins isn't double teamed you can expect huge numbers for him in scoring. If he is double teamed you can expect extremely high assist numbers. When Rose comes back he will utilize the spaced floor to get to the rim and run an unstoppable pick and roll with Cousins.

Defense:
When healthy we have 3 athletic elite perimeter defenders. That combined with a long athletic 5 who is agile enough to slide to the four when we want to bring an elite shotblocker off the bench will make my defense very difficult to score on.

I envision a lot of people to overlook my team. Do so at your own peril, because I will be making a ton of I told you so posts during the season when my players improve in the way that deep down you know they will.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:04:07 PM by Evantime34 »

« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Giving myself a bump so people read my post

« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Crooklyn,

With Derrick Rose, Paul George, and DeMarcus Cousins, why didn't you decide to build a team of the future?

Are you better than nickagneta's Houston team in that regard?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Crooklyn,

With Derrick Rose, Paul George, and DeMarcus Cousins, why didn't you decide to build a team of the future?

I certainly have the best team of the future, my only players over 24 are Okafor and Jeffries. These guys are instrumental in helping my younger players to grow. Derrick Rose is an MVP candidate every year he's healthy, Cousins will be a top 3 center next year and George can lock people down.  My team is good now but it will only get better with time.

« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Reposting my questions for the Nets:

Q1. With the exception of Okafor and Jeffries, of the players who will start the team healthy for you this season, only Nick Young has more than 4 years of league experience. Are you concerned that too much pressure will be placed on young or relatively inexperienced players?

Q2. How much of an effect will Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert have on this club if they don't return until the All-Star Break? March? At all?

Q3. How comfortable are you with your big man rotation?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

Very interesting question ...

2012 CB Houston Boxers - Larry Brown - Coach

PG: Lin/Beaubois/Rivers
SG: Kidd-Gilchrist/Lee/Rivers
SF: Barnes/Kidd-Gilchrist/Faried
PF: Ibaka/Faried/Montiejunas/Henson
C: Valanciunas/Andersen/Odoh

Brooklyn Nets
1. Derek Rose/ Damian Lillard/ Eric Maynor
2. Iman Shumpert/ Nick Young
3. Paul George/ Tobias Harris/ Quincy Pondexter
4. Ryan Anderson/ Derrick Williams/ Jared Jeffries
5. DeMarcus Cousins/ Emerka Okafor

I just want to look at those two teams side by side.

----------------------------------------

Yeah, I would have to go with Brooklyn over Houston.

They have proven NBA talent. Derrick Rose is a top ten or so player. DeMarcus Cousins is a perennial 20-10 big man in the making. Paul George is a very impressive young wing with high potential.

Houston has far too many question marks. They have interesting prospects but none of them have proven themselves the way a guy like Derrick Rose or even a DeMarcus Cousins has.

Their most proven young player is Ibaka. Probably Jeremy Lin after him. Faried. Then a bunch of promising rookies who haven't played a minute in the NBA (MKG, H.Barnes, Motiejunas, Valanciounas, Henson, Rivers).

Houston has too many unknowns for me. Brooklyn has young talent that have proven themselves as top tier talents in the NBA (in addition to good young players throughout the rest of their roster).

I would have to go with Brooklyn as my pick for TOFT over Houston.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:48:33 PM by Who »

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'd start Maynor over Lillard.

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I'd start Maynor over Lillard.
Once you see Lillard play in a real game that opinion will change

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Reposting my questions for the Nets:

Q1. With the exception of Okafor and Jeffries, of the players who will start the team healthy for you this season, only Nick Young has more than 4 years of league experience. Are you concerned that too much pressure will be placed on young or relatively inexperienced players?

Q2. How much of an effect will Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert have on this club if they don't return until the All-Star Break? March? At all?

Q3. How comfortable are you with your big man rotation?
1. Not concerned with pressure. Paul George has been in the playoffs every year of his career and in his rookie year they had him guard Derrick Rose in the playoffs. Derrick Rose is able to lead a team at the highest level. DeMarcus Cousins played in big games in college and was great last year. None of my young players are just offensive gunners, they play hard defense and rebound, when you focus on doing the little things right pressure diminishes.

2. I still think I'm a playoff team without Rose and Shumpert but without them I have no prayer to do anything in the playoffs. This is a moot point because they will be back.

3. I'm extremely comfortable with my big man rotation, we have size, athleticism, shooting and defense.

« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
Here's how I peg the Atlantic division.

1) Boston (like the core the best)
2) New York (chemistry)
3) Brooklyn (give it another year and get healthy)
4) Philly (no presser = dead last)

Boston gets in the playoffs, NY probably does but I haven't ranked the entire conference yet.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team