Author Topic: Is This Team Out Of Gas Already?!!?!??!  (Read 15084 times)

Re: Is This Team Out Of Gas Already?!!?!??!
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2009, 11:55:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
No.  I just talked to T. Boone Pickens, he's sending more gas.  Don't worry.

Well played, TP4U.  :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yeah ... too much simethicone, I guess. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2009, 04:40:16 AM »

Offline Perkinsschool4blind

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
why are peopl claiming that the celtics had a terrible stretch when kg got hurt last year, they showed heart and won over 60 games, plus if we cant enjoy the celtics now going 7-1 thru a stretch with 4 back 2 backs, what are we gonna do when we lose 2 or 3 games in a row, C's have too much heart to be seriously hindered by age or fatigue

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2009, 05:04:45 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Honestly if they held Phoenix to 80 points they would be on pace to break every record in the history of the NBA, best record, best defense, largest margin of victory by a landslide.   30 points away from by far being the best team ever, I'll take it.

How's fiercely limiting your sample size going, bud?

Your sample size is pretty small too...the first (only?) 4 game in 5 day stretch. How many teams look crisp and fresh in stretches like that? They are not breaking down.

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2009, 09:50:28 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Also to add to this, don't forget that this team is a work in progress offensively. They seem to be running some new stuff in the first unit, and the second unit has two brand new moving parts. It is not always going to be pretty, but I want to give this team 20 games to gain an offensive identity. I think they are trying to take less 3's already after their torrid shooting start. They are going to have to rely on

Look at the one game that they did not show up defensively, the Phoenix game. For the rest of the games, some have been ugly but we have kept every team at 90 or under while winning every one.

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
It has been nice to start seing Rasheed play or try to play some post up game. ( not always with great results)
I like to see garnet gets more worried and perk having to fight a litle more under the rim.
It will only make them more aware and less confident.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
We're not out of gas.  We just played 5 games in 7 days.  That would get a lot of teams winded.

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Honestly if they held Phoenix to 80 points they would be on pace to break every record in the history of the NBA, best record, best defense, largest margin of victory by a landslide.   30 points away from by far being the best team ever, I'll take it.

How's fiercely limiting your sample size going, bud?

Your sample size is pretty small too...the first (only?) 4 game in 5 day stretch. How many teams look crisp and fresh in stretches like that? They are not breaking down.

yea, i wouldn't be throwing around the limited sample size card either, for exactly these reasons.

The only way i'll be concerned is if they play flat after this break or consistently on every back to back.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion