Author Topic: Cs,Rockets, Minn idea my stab at Howard trade  (Read 1089 times)

Cs,Rockets, Minn idea my stab at Howard trade
« on: February 12, 2016, 11:44:41 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
Let me preface this with in my heart I really wouldn't want to do this trade. I am not a Howard fan and wouldn't want him on the Cs long term. With that said he maybe the push needed to get the Cs in the ECF this season. To achieve that with core IT,AB,Smart and Crowder under contract on cap friendly deals and still having the Nets picks and Grizz pick is really amazing.

My trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hhn25xl

Cs get: Howard, Muhammad,and Prince

Rockets
get: Johnson, Jerebko, KO, Cs 2016 1st, Mavs 2016 1st, and an additional late 2nd

Minn get: T Jones and J Young

Cs, and Howard and gain depth at the wing. The wing depth could become key in the playoffs. While Howard and Prince are likely half season rentals Muhammad has the potential to be longer term fit.

Rockets, Johnson, Jerebko and two firsts seems like as good a return as they will receive for Howard. Johnson and Jerebko rather then Lee in this trade gives the Rockets the ability to trade these players in the offseason and trade filler to make salaries work on a bigger deal. After that the trade is basically Jones for KO.   

Minn, this seems like a no brainer trade to me they lose Shabazz but add a PF who may develp into the perfect pairing with Towns. Jones and Towns would give the T-Wolves legit size at both positions on defense and perimeter skills on offense.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Cs,Rockets, Minn idea my stab at Howard trade
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Why would you trade away both of your floor spacing big men if you are acquiring Howard?  If you get Howard it is with the intention of pairing him with K.O. or the floor spacing would be crushed!  People flat just don't get the value that he holds league wide.  He is exactly what basically every team is looking for to create space and there are very few players like him to be had.  If the Celtics would offer Lee and Olynyk for Howard the Rockets would snap accept.  No way would the C's do so though.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Overpay. And Celtics are not trading KO in a Howard deal.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
I would rather do something where the Wolves get Howard and we get Parker.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 01:32:03 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I would rather do something where the Wolves get Howard and we get Parker.

The Wolves getting Howard?  He's not resigning there and they have Towns.