Author Topic: 2024 Draft  (Read 22428 times)

Re: 2024 Draft
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2024, 05:23:29 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don’t care who we pick, just so long as we pick last.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 07:58:55 AM by G-Bones »

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2024, 12:12:56 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
Crap news about my draft binky

Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress
NEWS: Projected top-10 NBA draft pick Nikola Topic has a partially torn ACL, his agent, Misko Raznatovic, confirmed to ESPN. Topic is at the NBA's Draft Combine in Italy, where he went through the NBA's medical examination.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2024, 12:27:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Crap news about my draft binky

Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress
NEWS: Projected top-10 NBA draft pick Nikola Topic has a partially torn ACL, his agent, Misko Raznatovic, confirmed to ESPN. Topic is at the NBA's Draft Combine in Italy, where he went through the NBA's medical examination.

That sucks. Topic is the guy I am most looking forward to seeing in the NBA.

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2024, 12:46:29 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 497
Interesting that Juhann Begarin is still just 21. He doesn’t turn 22 until August, but he hasn’t developed his shot at all since the Celtics drafted him. He’s hitting under 30% from 3. I don’t know if that would be any different if he had spent time in Maine instead of France, but he’s not going to be an NBA player without a better shooting percentage. His athleticism and defense is still pretty good. Steals, blocks and rebounds are all decent for his position.

I guess he decided Euroleague money was better than having a Jaden Springer or Romeo Langford level NBA career?

He wouldn’t have a Springer or Langford career because the Celtics are only offering him a 2-way at best, and the other two got first-round money and the multiple guaranteed years that come with it.

Also, I’m very curious about the C’s plans for Springer next year.  It’s hard to see how he fits on this team, but Brad clearly has a vision.

Springer might have a role on this team going forward if he can fix that shot but he might just be here as a salary piece in a trade...

This.  I think he's here more for trade purposes then anything.  The C's don't have many salaries for matching purposes and his gives them something if they can swing a deal.  I like Springer's defensive chops.  He also seems to be able to get to the rim.  He's a poor outside shooter at the moment.  If he can improve here he'd be in the rotation on some team. 

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2024, 04:27:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3224
Interesting that Juhann Begarin is still just 21. He doesn’t turn 22 until August, but he hasn’t developed his shot at all since the Celtics drafted him. He’s hitting under 30% from 3. I don’t know if that would be any different if he had spent time in Maine instead of France, but he’s not going to be an NBA player without a better shooting percentage. His athleticism and defense is still pretty good. Steals, blocks and rebounds are all decent for his position.

I guess he decided Euroleague money was better than having a Jaden Springer or Romeo Langford level NBA career?

He wouldn’t have a Springer or Langford career because the Celtics are only offering him a 2-way at best, and the other two got first-round money and the multiple guaranteed years that come with it.

Also, I’m very curious about the C’s plans for Springer next year.  It’s hard to see how he fits on this team, but Brad clearly has a vision.

Springer might have a role on this team going forward if he can fix that shot but he might just be here as a salary piece in a trade...

This.  I think he's here more for trade purposes then anything.  The C's don't have many salaries for matching purposes and his gives them something if they can swing a deal.  I like Springer's defensive chops.  He also seems to be able to get to the rim.  He's a poor outside shooter at the moment.  If he can improve here he'd be in the rotation on some team.

I think that we trade that first-round pick this year for a couple seconds further down the road unless we think there's a guy who's ready to go. An older player with  at least one NBA skill hopefully two...

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2024, 05:17:18 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

I don’t see him here for trade purposes at all.  Pritchard will be moved this summer assuming White signs an extension, and Springer will get a chance to win those minutes along with a vet pickup.

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2024, 05:37:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1492

I don’t see him here for trade purposes at all.  Pritchard will be moved this summer assuming White signs an extension, and Springer will get a chance to win those minutes along with a vet pickup.

Why would Pritchard be moved? He signed a very team friendly contract and will be making less than $7M next season.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.