Author Topic: Ryan Kelly  (Read 7394 times)

Re: Ryan Kelly
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
3. He plays for Duke - the most annoying basketball team on the planet, year in and year out.

Such a lost soul.

Duke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNC

Nothing worse in this world than a tarheel

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kelly will be one of those classic stretch 4's that gets drafted so teams can go small with four three point shooters.  A lot like Bonner and Ryan Anderson.  He's a second-rounder.

I'd agree.  I have a hard time seeing Kelly being worth spending a 1st round pick on.  Maybe a very late 1st, but that's it.

As a college player, Kelly is fantastic.  He's the difference between this Duke team being good (without him), and great (with him).  Kelly has a high bb-iq, solid fundementals, and terrific shooting range.  He's a solid rebounder and decent shot blocker as well.

As far as how well those skills transfer to the NBA, I'd say some will some won't.  The shooting and rebounding will easily transfer.  He'll likely have trouble on defense though, as he seriously lacks NBA atheleticism.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if the C's could get their hands on him with an early 2nd pick.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
calm down. The idiot Miami team left him wide open almost for all of his three point shots. He is a good shooter but not lights out good (like Mcdermott, who can shoot the three while moving or a hand in his face)

Also he is ok on defense but not good as some people say he is. Below Avg rebounder for his height first of all. Lateral quickness is not great. The good thing is that he actually doesn't look like in tip top shape. If he shapes up, maybe you get a steal in the draft.

Has potential to be a Ryan Andersen part 2

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm starting to think when we draft from 20-23 , with limited options to pick a player that will make a difference, Kelly might be actually a nice grab. He can spread the floor on offense and has the height and decent strength to neutralize pf's or taller Sf's on defense in the nba.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:33:19 PM by triboy16f »