Author Topic: Oden a Celtic? (merged threads)  (Read 24753 times)

Re: Oden a Celtic? (merged threads)
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2011, 05:55:18 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
At least 10 other teams would want to take a risk on Oden,   

So I have a feeling that what people think will land Oden is probably going to be slightly more.

I don't follow Portland much but it seems they need some backup at the PF and C spots. They might also give up Andre Miller so they might need a PG. The Celtics have money, Glen Davis, Delonte and Carlos Arroyo. Hopefully we won't have to give up Delonte or, to a lesser extent, Glen Davis. Delonte is our last resort.

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
No thanks.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
We aren't going to win this year - absent something amazing happening. I don't see any particular harm in parting with Davis, J. O'Neal, Avery Bradley, and even our pick this year for him. We have lots of pieces for the S&T. I could see them doing it. JO and Davis is attractive.

I do think that, as far as preparing to rebuild in 2012, we need to keep Rondo (obviously) and West and Green.

If you're going to make a big risk/reward gamble, this is the year to do it. We have the chips to make it sensible for them. The young "Schooled Celts" have had big impacts on their teams (Allen and Perk).

The Big Three have already shown that they are too old to win. We can't play in transition. So we need a back to the basket center who can help the shooters (Ray and PP) get open looks. It would be a great move if we could make it!