Author Topic: Melo is Gar-Bage.  (Read 7689 times)

Re: Melo is Gar-Bage.
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Wojo's article on Melo after last night's loss...good read, imo.

Link

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Melo is Gar-Bage.

I think there may be a little bit of hyperbole here with the OP.  I could understand a 'Melo is overrated' thread, but 'Gar-bage?!' 

The man is truly one of the very most gifted offensive players in the league and anyone like that shouldn't be labeled garbage.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:08:50 PM by Prof. Clutch »

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Link

Where the wind blows, there goes Wojo.

Amar'e is playing almost exactly the same as he always has, except now he's on a worse team than those Suns ever were. So now he gets credit for "growing"?

I do think he's on target with his criticism of ownership, though at this point taking shots at Dolan is almost pre-requiste if you're writing about the Knicks.

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Link

Good find. TP.

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I can't stand his game. He is a Loser, plain and simple.

When he "tries" on defense he simply hacks, that's all he's got.

He's a great scorer sure. But I would rather have Wilson Chandler or Gallanari on the Celts.

The Knicks got ripped off big time as far as talent and players, and if it wasn't for the Tickets sales aspect, this would be a failure of epic proportions.

Super immature, entitled  little brat.  Can't stand him.

It's easy to see now how much talent the Nuggets had without him, and now when you Add Chandler, Gallo, Mosgov, and Ray Felton, which was more that half of the Knicks talent.

To a team already with JR Smith, Afflalo, Ty Lawson, Nene, Al Harrington, K Martin, Birdman,

You have the deepest team in the game, with two potential starters at every position. And a coach that knows what to do with all the potential combinations .

And throw in  the fact Denver has the Knicks 1st rounder and two more 2nd rounders coming to them via the Warriors. And I say cheers to the Nuggets, I hope they hold on to as much of that talent as they can, and I will be cheering for the best non Superstar team we have seen since the Pistons.

And I hope this hurts the Knicks for years to come.

Horrible trade! Carmelo = Overrated.
Really? aren't you the same guy that posted this?

Does Pierce have a no trade? If not, Pierce has a reasonable contract. The Nuggets would still be pretty good over the next three years, while they would have six first rounders in three years to be able to revamp that old team.

For us we get what we really need. A twenty six year old superstar. Rondo and Carmelo would be spectacular together.
 And Ray, Kevin, Jermaine, Shaq, Nate, Baby, and eventually Perk.
 We would be the favorites no question next year. I love Pierce but to get Melo, Gotta do it.
a complete flip in your opinion of Melo in less than a year.  
ouch!  went back to find a post from august.....thats persistence in order to prove ur point.
To give credit where credit is due, someone else bumped the thread this comment was in and I happened to notice the same poster that wanted to ship out PP and 3 #1's for Melo was now creating a thread calling him "Gar-bage".  I couldn't help questioning the flip in less than a year.