Author Topic: I would love Iguodala on this team....  (Read 4754 times)

Re: I would love Iguodala on this team....
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 04:18:37 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
It really does make sense for Philly to trade him now, they even contemplated it prior to the trade deadline but with their future still not certain in the draft for example, the team decided to stay the course and finish the season with what they have...

Now that they have the 2nd pick in the draft, they know what direction to take as evidence by their trade the consumated last week..I feel next to be traded is definitely AI. Will the Sixers bite and trade within the division and trade AI to Boston, we will only know for sure after the draft. I agree though that AI is the type of player that will prosper alongside Rondo and is the type of player that shines better when he is not the primary option. In this team PP is the primary option and AI becomes the primary target of Rondo on the fastbreak so yeah, I whole heartedly agree that AI is a good fit for this team.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I think we all love Iggy "from afar", but IMO he's not a very polished player. Plays hard but makes too many mistakes and isn't a great shooter.
Sure, he'd be an upgrade over TA, but he's nowhere close to PP in skill or talent. And he sure wouldn't be coming here to be a bench player.
But just for his hustle and attitude, I'd love to have the guy here.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 07:35:08 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
At his price tag, I think Iguodala is a bad match with Rondo. Rondo needs wings who can shoot. Otherwise the defense will collapse in the paint and the C's will struggle to score.

I agree shooters are important, but if the Finals showed us anything at all, it's that Rondo needs rebounders more. Without solid rebounders Rondo can't get out on the break very well, where's he's more than effective. Igoudala is a good rebounder, well above average.

Then just picture Iggy on the break with him. It would be madness, I tell you.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
I like Iggy but I feel if for any reason Ray isn't in green next year I say our focus needs to be trying to see if we can lure Joe Johnson back in a Celtics uniform.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
If Iggy can knock down his jumpers consistently then I think it would be a match made in heaven for the Celts and Iggy, everything else would smooth out with our coaching staff and Pierce, Garnett and Rondo. Our vets wouldn't allow him to overshadow everyone else if it were a demise to the team.
I bleed Green

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
At his price tag, I think Iguodala is a bad match with Rondo. Rondo needs wings who can shoot. Otherwise the defense will collapse in the paint and the C's will struggle to score.

I agree shooters are important, but if the Finals showed us anything at all, it's that Rondo needs rebounders more. Without solid rebounders Rondo can't get out on the break very well, where's he's more than effective. Igoudala is a good rebounder, well above average.

Then just picture Iggy on the break with him. It would be madness, I tell you.

I'm with Mr. October on this one. Rondo + Iggy is a recipe for offensive disaster in the half court.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
At the trade deadline I would've been all for it, but now I say no. He's not the scorer this team needs at the wings and his limited shooting wouldn't mix well with Rondo's. I simply don't think he makes this team a contender now and his contract would limit us in the future.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:00:36 AM by ManUp »

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Igudala is not better than Tony Allen

Tony, is that you?

No, this is Igudala speaking... ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:32:14 PM by eugen »

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline snooge

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
Birdwatcher, I do agree about Iguodala being asked to do too much and I do think he would help the Celtics, but I think you are not going to get Iguodala at his best if you are going to play him next to Pierce. I’d love to say the money doesn’t matter, and if he was just over paid it wouldn’t be that big of a deal, but he’s a max player. His best defense is against other teams 3s. His best offense is mid-range to the bucket stuff. I think in the half-court he would hurt more than help, though Iggy and Rondo on the break would be fantastic.

If we were talking about replacing Pierce with Iggy here that would be one thing, he’d still be overpaid, but you would potentially be able to get the most bang for the buck, but replacing Ray with Iguodala is asking for a lower return on the investment. Why pay max money for a guy that doesn’t really fit, when you could find better or equally good fits for the much less?

I don’t want to see Pierce go anywhere. He should be a Celtic until he retires, so to me, Iguodala seems a bit redundant.

I just always get these visions of Scottie Pippen on the Rockets. Scottie was still a great player, but put into a situation where he didn’t fit. In that case he wasn’t asked to play out of position, but he pretty much was asked to be a spot up shooter, which was not his game. While Scottie still had some great games it was a disappointment. I think we’d be looking at something similar with Iguodala playing next to Pierce.