Author Topic: Derrick Rose SAT scandal / Memphis stripped of record (merged)  (Read 10672 times)

Re: Derrick Rose SAT scandal / Memphis stripped of record (merged)
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 08:19:57 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
I find it hard to believe that Rose can't get a passing score on the SAT if he really tried. He has a driver's license, so he must surely know how to read..

You're assuming he took his driving test.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 08:58:34 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Memphis says it did everything it could and that it's not their fault yadda yadda.

If so I feel bad. But if they knowingly cheated they need to be severely punished and so does Calipari. At some point enough is enough

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 09:15:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Memphis says it did everything it could and that it's not their fault yadda yadda.

If so I feel bad. But if they knowingly cheated they need to be severely punished and so does Calipari. At some point enough is enough
I agree. Look at what happened at USC. Tim Floyd denied and denied allegations. Turns out they were true and he resigned. But USC basketball is going to suffer for years due to this idiots actions.

When are dirty coaches going to start to catch the brunt of the punishment. Floyd will be coaching elsewhere in Division I very quickly making big bucks and USC will still be suffering.

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I agree. Look at what happened at USC. Tim Floyd denied and denied allegations. Turns out they were true and he resigned. But USC basketball is going to suffer for years due to this idiots actions.

When are dirty coaches going to start to catch the brunt of the punishment. Floyd will be coaching elsewhere in Division I very quickly making big bucks and USC will still be suffering.

There should be some sort of punishment automatically for hiring known cheaters. Why should a Floyd or Cal get jobs when there are other deserving guys? They had their chance