Author Topic: Magic (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Game 7 5/17  (Read 128264 times)

Re: Magic (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Game 7 5/17
« Reply #765 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
i hope the celtics remember this feeling and it drives them all off season. get healthy boys and bring it next season

A healthy KG and we're scary...Rondo, Perk, and Baby improved by leaps and bounds.

i disagree. the improvement of the supporting cast is a big plus - but we cannot stay pat with the hand we have - danny ainge must improve this team over the summer - the big three need some significant help to hang another banner. they just have to work too hard as it is to win. they need a couple of guys to bring some firepower so we get some easy baskets regularly.

gotta let tony allen and mikey moore go and maybe starbury - and bring in some help !!!!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #766 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
i hope the celtics remember this feeling and it drives them all off season. get healthy boys and bring it next season

A healthy KG and we're scary...Rondo, Perk, and Baby improved by leaps and bounds.

i disagree. the improvement of the supporting cast is a big plus - but we cannot stay pat with the hand we have - danny ainge must improve this team over the summer - the big three need some significant help to hang another banner. they just have to work too hard as it is to win. they need a couple of guys to bring some firepower so we get some easy baskets regularly.

gotta let tony allen and mikey moore go and maybe starbury - and bring in some help !!!!

Sorry, I guess I assumed all of the stuff about the supporting cast was a forgone conclusion, so I didn't mention it. 

I agree with you there.
Yup

« Reply #767 on: May 17, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Agree with Doc. Team showed a lot of fight. Did not want it to end like this; but great to share a gutsy season.
Prayers go out to Leon & KG to get healthy and to Rondo to keep his head on straight.

« Reply #768 on: May 17, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Poor energy finally killed us.

Blame the injuries to KG and Powe but also blame Danny for a bad summer in FA and at the trading deadline for failure to add effective pieces.

Also call out Captain Truth for his poor playoff performance overall. Perhaps he was partying too much this past summer and got too banged up to compete for anything significant. His work against Rahsard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu was terrible.

Ray Allen was outplayed by JJ Reddick.

Rajon Rondo was outplayed by Rafer Alston.

Perkins stood tall against the biggest mental midget of them all Dwight Howard.

Be careful about how much we pay Baby. Can we get McDyess, Rasheed Wallace, and Shawn Marion and make one last run at #18?
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #769 on: May 18, 2009, 04:30:25 PM »

Offline UGotRondod

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Was anyone else sitting in section 313 last night? 

« Reply #770 on: May 29, 2009, 07:45:23 AM »

Offline aman

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
JJ be in the starting lineup.I have been putting Lee in as the starter but I guess SVG is sticking in with JJ because he wants lee in when House is in.