Author Topic: Pruitt, Walker & POB = Rest  (Read 7115 times)

Re: Pruitt, Walker & POB = Rest
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 06:03:49 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
agreed re Pruitt, I like alot of what he's doing.

Agreed re TAllen, I thought I had put him down as a two, not a three. I meant a two. That's why I'm pushing more for Walker because he has the right size and strength at the 3 to apply more pressure on the other team...

still up in the air re the hard minutes factor. I've watched every game for 4 years. This season, it seems like teams are "really" bringing it to us in a physical way every game. As we';ve all played the game there's a "huge" difference between minutes that are played in strong competition and minutes that are played when your opponent is trying to take your head off every night which is what we're getting. There is no comparison to the level of energy you have to extend between those two types of "minutes". Doc has said as much and many an announcer this year has said this game has a playoff intensity feel to it or this is as chippy a game as a playoff game...

I think overall we've responded well but the lack of depth at point, center and small hasn't helped.

I just think we

Re: Pruitt, Walker & POB = Rest
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 10:53:55 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I agree, I think the team will win another ring "if" we push these young athletic guys big time...now. I think if Pruitt really gets dome good run between now and the end of the season, he could end up playing some great D for us and adding some very nice athleticsm at the point. I think Walker could add some physical pressure behind Pierce as well on the second unit. Some athleticism on the break and some good rebounding from the 3 spot. POB is the most marginal.

I do think Danny will sign perhpas a Marbury and another Vet big for sure. At which point you probably shelf these guys again until next season.

But right now to get these starters normal rest so they are not palyign too many hard minutes...play these young kids a little. You get the starters rest and you they might actually get a jump start on developing and be more ready for next season.

I agree that if we don't develope these guys AND we don't sign a couple Vets, we might not make the finals.

If we sign the Vets and/or develope these two ( Walker and Pruitt), I think we'll have enough.
You do realize that KG, Pierce and Allen are playing almost the exact amount of minutes that they played last year and if looked at comparatively from a game perspective, after 42 games last year they were playing more minutes than they are right now?

Exactly how many more minutes are the starters supposed to play? I think Doc is doing a great job at getting the starters rest and working in the bench. I don't necessarily agree with the way he goes about it(All starters and then all subs, for the most part) but he's getting a good amount of minutes and rest for everyone.

Those young guys are just going to have to beat out the players in front of them for the time. Cutting rotational players minutes for the sole benefit of developing youngsters is nuts on a team fighting for home court advantage in the playoffs.
Exactly, these guys will get some minutes in blowouts. Otherwise there is no free lunch, earn your minutes by outplaying the guy in front of you. None of them have done that yet. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku