Author Topic: Free agency starts / reported signings (merged)  (Read 82554 times)

Re: Free agency starts / reported signings (merged)
« Reply #990 on: September 26, 2023, 02:27:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Wow raptors considered front runners to get Lilliard https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38491724/sources-raptors-current-front-runners-damian-lillard

If this happens I view it as good for the nba

« Reply #991 on: September 26, 2023, 02:37:52 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
Wonder what trade would be? Siakim, couple players & picks?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #992 on: September 26, 2023, 03:06:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Wow raptors considered front runners to get Lilliard https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38491724/sources-raptors-current-front-runners-damian-lillard

If this happens I view it as good for the nba

Me too. Riley is too stingy to give up all his assets anyway. Plus the Blazers are Salty about the Heat and Dame.

« Reply #993 on: September 26, 2023, 03:27:03 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 267
  • International Superstar
Canada has proven to be an effective punishment for unruly NBA players in the past, so there’s certainly precedent.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #994 on: September 26, 2023, 03:58:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 889
Canada has proven to be an effective punishment for unruly NBA players in the past, so there’s certainly precedent.

That is great, I love it.

That ESPN article was Marc Spears.  There have also been "not so fast" reports out of Toronto:

As multiple sources confirmed to TSN, the Raptors’ interest in Portland’s all-star guard is real, albeit “a bit overstated at this point.” 18 hours ago – via Josh Lewenberg @ TSN

I don't see where the Toronto salary would come from.  It doesn't make sense to send back Siakam if they are going all in win now by trading for Lillard, plus POR already has Grant.  And even if they were willing to give up Barnes for Lillard (which I would do), Barnes is still on a rookie contract only making $8M, how do they get to $45M from there?

I think this is the problem that all teams are facing.  To match salary, you have to gut your team and if you gut your team, what is the point of bringing in Lillard?

« Reply #995 on: September 26, 2023, 05:00:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That ESPN article was Marc Spears.  There have also been "not so fast" reports out of Toronto:

As multiple sources confirmed to TSN, the Raptors’ interest in Portland’s all-star guard is real, albeit “a bit overstated at this point.” 18 hours ago – via Josh Lewenberg @ TSN

I don't see where the Toronto salary would come from.  It doesn't make sense to send back Siakam if they are going all in win now by trading for Lillard, plus POR already has Grant.  And even if they were willing to give up Barnes for Lillard (which I would do), Barnes is still on a rookie contract only making $8M, how do they get to $45M from there?

I think this is the problem that all teams are facing.  To match salary, you have to gut your team and if you gut your team, what is the point of bringing in Lillard?

I'm hearing the basis of the deal is OG,  Gary Trent Jr , and Grady Dick that makes up 42 million in salary right they're

« Reply #996 on: September 26, 2023, 05:12:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

I'm hearing the basis of the deal is OG,  Gary Trent Jr , and Grady Dick that makes up 42 million in salary right they're

That is a much better package than herro and late first and middling prospects. Get it done!

« Reply #997 on: September 26, 2023, 05:16:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1487

That is a much better package than herro and late first and middling prospects. Get it done!

Agreed. Send Dame to Canada!
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #998 on: September 26, 2023, 05:30:03 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

That’d put Toronto above the tax to start the season, which has generally been a red line for them.  I suppose it’s not too hard to get under if they want to dump Porter Jr for draft compensation.

« Reply #999 on: September 27, 2023, 02:17:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rudy Gay to Golden State.  I had forgotten he was out there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1000 on: September 27, 2023, 02:20:51 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1645
  • What a Pub Should Be
Rudy Gay to Golden State.  I had forgotten he was out there.

Solid Immaculate Grid guy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team