Author Topic: Celtics (15-16) at Hawks (13-18) Game #32 2/24/21  (Read 23937 times)

Re: Celtics (15-16) at Hawks (13-18) Game #32 2/24/21
« Reply #405 on: February 25, 2021, 07:22:44 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
I decided for my peace of mind that I wouldn't watch the game because I expected a loss. Not only a loss they got hammered. I feel so much better today that I didn't go through that. Maybe I need to stop watching games this season. Yes Danny we should be patient because we will get a better deal at the trade deadline. Unfortunately Danny if we are 8 games under 500 no matter what player you get cannot make a difference so like I said before it is bad logic.

« Reply #406 on: February 25, 2021, 08:15:24 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1784
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kyrie was right

Yeah, okay  ::) Kyrie left a team with him, Hayward, Horford, and the Jays (along with Rozier and Morris). All we have left now are the Jays. Any team that loses three All-Star level talents is going to struggle a little bit. We were probably a little too optimistic going into this season due to our bubble ECF appearance. We went on to lose Hayward, haven't had Smart in what seems like forever, and are trying to salvage Kemba's career.

Kyrie is a coward.

« Reply #407 on: February 25, 2021, 08:19:01 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
A starting lineup of:
Smart / Brown / Nesmith / Tatum / RWilliams

Can't come soon enough. Give me the leader at PG, the rookie that plays hard and should have a green light from deep, and the 3rd year guy that only shoots 70% every year while being both the best rebounder and shot blocker on the team.

Walker, TT, Theis suddenly look like a helluva veteran bench.

I like that lineup moving forward.  It’s futuristic in its approach and keeps the focus on the Jays.  PP first off the bench and let Kemba play sg until his knees or shot gets better. If getting your vets minutes is the issue maybe don’t sign the vets anymore.  I have yet this year see any vets do better than the young guys

« Reply #408 on: February 25, 2021, 08:47:04 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
A starting lineup of:

Can't come soon enough. Give me the leader at PG, the rookie that plays hard and should have a green light from deep, and the 3rd year guy that only shoots 70% every year while being both the best rebounder and shot blocker on the team.

Brilliant!  This makes perfect sense unless Timelord's hip really can't handle more than 15/20 minutes a night.  This makes the best use of the players that we currently have and should also provide a lot more energy and inspiration for Tatum to play the way he's capable of playing.  The starting lineup looks like they could actually have fun playing together and the bench suddenly looks pretty strong.  Maybe you should coach the team ;)

« Reply #409 on: February 25, 2021, 08:53:20 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 575
A starting lineup of:

Brilliant! This makes perfect sense unless Timelord's hip really can't handle more than 15/20 minutes a night. This makes the best use of the players that we currently have and should also provide a lot more energy and inspiration for Tatum to play the way he's capable of playing.  The starting lineup looks like they could actually have fun playing together and the bench suddenly looks pretty strong.  Maybe you should coach the team ;)

I'm not sure that really matters. He could still start. It just means the Theis and TT play more off the bench, against the other teams second unit.

I'd give it a shot, but I'd give anything a shot at this point.

« Reply #410 on: February 25, 2021, 09:48:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
A starting lineup of:

Brilliant! This makes perfect sense unless Timelord's hip really can't handle more than 15/20 minutes a night. This makes the best use of the players that we currently have and should also provide a lot more energy and inspiration for Tatum to play the way he's capable of playing.  The starting lineup looks like they could actually have fun playing together and the bench suddenly looks pretty strong.  Maybe you should coach the team ;)

I'm not sure that really matters. He could still start. It just means the Theis and TT play more off the bench, against the other teams second unit.

it's not a half bad idea.  would need the J's to actually pass to Nesmith to really make that line-up work.  Smart would also have to realize he should be in there to facilitate and be the fourth scoring option. 

Kemba and PP off the bench in the backcourt should be a huge boost.  Theis/TT coming in for timelord in rotation should be solid as well.  the downside is we're really lacking a good forward off the bench.  Semi is ok for defense but his offense has disappeared as the season has progressed and GWill is just a total mess this season.   Just getting him back to where he was at the end of last year would be such a major improvement and help to this team.

If Romeo comes back and can make a contribution, all the better.  would probably help that swing position depth greatly

« Reply #411 on: February 25, 2021, 10:49:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
A starting lineup of:

True, I guess it doesn't really matter.  Timelord seems like a lot of fun for guys to play with.  I think that starting lineup would be a lot more stimulating for guys like Tatum.  It would really be a weapon if Tatum could learn to drive and draw the attention of the defense and then hit Timelord with some lobs like a lot of the guys like to do.  One of those early on would contribute to setting the tone for the game.

« Reply #412 on: February 25, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3209
Good match up for small quick points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7oSnrD20oE