Author Topic: Celtics (15-16) at Hawks (13-18) Game #32 2/24/21  (Read 24081 times)

Re: Celtics (15-16) at Hawks (13-18) Game #32 2/24/21
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2021, 09:54:41 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 451
Until they get a new coach this team is done. 

« Reply #361 on: February 24, 2021, 09:54:48 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Jaylen and Jayson must feel like two varsity players being forced to play with all JV teammates and then they have to go out and play against legit Varsity teams. They have no confidence in the guys around them and they are clearly deflated because of it.
This could not be anymore accurate lol. Forcing and trying to do everything themselves. Getting incredibly frustrated and bad body language.

Don’t even know if you two are serious or joking.

I'm being serious! I used to be a HS coach and when you have really talented players playing on really bad teams this is exactly what happens. The offense revolves around them and if things go wrong they can take it badly, everybody gets mad that you are feeding the good players even though it would be an absolute dumpster fire if you didn't. Good players force bad shots and try to carry to much of the load.
Problem is Tatum only wants to carry the scoring load.  He should have carried a little more of the rebounding and passing load (1 and 1 ::))

« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Jaylen and Jayson must feel like two varsity players being forced to play with all JV teammates and then they have to go out and play against legit Varsity teams. They have no confidence in the guys around them and they are clearly deflated because of it.
This could not be anymore accurate lol. Forcing and trying to do everything themselves. Getting incredibly frustrated and bad body language.

I'm being serious! I used to be a HS coach and when you have really talented players playing on really bad teams this is exactly what happens. The offense revolves around them and if things go wrong they can take it badly, everybody gets mad that you are feeding the good players even though it would be an absolute dumpster fire if you didn't. Good players force bad shots and try to carry to much of the load.

Exactly, I would never joke about something like that.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2021, 09:55:13 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 273
Tatum 4-20 20% FG%   JB 6-16 37.5% FG%

I thought before the season that these 2 guys would lead the Cs. What a disappointment, especially with Tatum who seems to give no effort and care for the game. 

We need better leaders who will show by example and  implore others to play harder when the going gets tough.

« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2021, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
Waters new and improved 3.  Good passing and defense.

Probably should get min over PP next game.

He should've played in all these Atlanta games. Good match up against Young. I've only been screaming it for 3 games. If I was behind the bench at the Garden I'd be banned for life from screaming at Brad.

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2021, 09:56:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sad thing is the C's actually got half decent performances out of Teague & Thompson tonight.  Add in Nesmith and they were quite possibly the Celtics three best players tonight.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2021, 09:56:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
someone should post Tatum's stat line on his locker to see if it drives home the point he needs to show up for games
32 minutes: 4-20, 1-8 on 3's, 4FTs, 1 rebound (offense), 1 asst, 2 stl, 0 blk, 1 TO, 1 PF.

if that doesn't scream that he just went through the motions, nothing does.

« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2021, 09:57:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Except that this is a professional basketball team, and these players are all professionals. They belong on the roster, if they don’t, something is wrong with the management.

« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2021, 09:58:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
someone should post Tatum's stat line on his locker to see if it drives home the point he needs to show up for games
32 minutes: 4-20, 1-8 on 3's, 4FTs, 1 rebound (offense), 1 asst, 2 stl, 0 blk, 1 TO, 1 PF.

He should've been benched in the first quarter.

« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2021, 09:58:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wonder how many times the leaders of this team can blame themselves for poor play and come out and lay egg after egg?

I'm at the point where seeing them care on the court is the only thing that matters and hearing them say they care matters nothing.

They better win the next three straight.

« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2021, 10:00:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I wouldn't be surprised if Stevens resigns.  He must feel he is out of answers. Feel bad for him.

« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2021, 10:00:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550

Is there a stat for how long he controls the ball during possessions?  When he has it for half the 24 second clock or more it totally destroys any offensive cohesion the team might have. He flat out stinks right now.

« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2021, 10:00:57 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
Where is everyone laughing at me for wanting Brad to play Waters from the beginning of the game?
Lol yes Waters played well in garbage time and had maybe 2 good possessions against Trae Young. I don't think Waters is a bad player, but I just didn't think he's the player that's going to stay effective against Trae for an entire game. Trae has struggled with length and athleticism and needs to be attacked defensively like we did when we won.
While Waters may have been good for a stretch of plays, it would have only been a matter of time until the Hawks started forcing switches and attacking Waters like offenses do with Kemba because of his size.

The biggest issue with this team is that to truly hold Tatum and Jaylen Brown accountable you'd basically just sit them. If you were to bench either of those players you'd drastically  cut the probability of your team to win any given game. At this point I think Brad is just hoping they learn as they play because honestly I'm sure he feels like he can't blame Tatum or Brown for trying to take too much of a load considering the roster around them. It's a really screwed up situation unfortunately.

« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501

Except that this is a professional basketball team, and these players are all professionals. They belong on the roster, if they don’t, something is wrong with the management.

*Jaylen and Jayson must feel like two legit NBA players being forced to play with a bunch of G-Leaguers and then having to go out and play against REAL NBA players each night. Better?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2021, 10:06:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

*Jaylen and Jayson must feel like two legit NBA players being forced to play with a bunch of G-Leaguers and then having to play against REAL NBA players each night. Better?

Jay and Jay owe Hayward an apology...they said they were ready to lead.....they are not.