Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 303648 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #3840 on: May 19, 2023, 05:11:54 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 378
Harden while still good, is not the same guy he was when he won MVP's with houston. and even then they never won a championship.

So, not sure why a team that had one of the worst records last year and is rebuilding wants to pay $50million to a player who is no longer what he once was and over the hill. is it to sell tickets? Why not continue the rebuild?

Also, not sure how Houston is more appealing to Harden than Philly...who while they lost to the celtics still were a #3 seed in the east. Unless at this point he just wants money, to be the man and to go to strip clubs in Houston.

« Reply #3841 on: May 22, 2023, 06:40:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Bucks are narrowing group of top candidates in franchise’s head coaching search: Nick Nurse, Golden State assistant Kenny Atkinson and Toronto assistant Adrian Griffin. These coaches will be part of final conversations with Milwaukee leadership this week.
Source: Twitter @wojespn

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3842 on: May 22, 2023, 06:48:32 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 324
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Bucks are narrowing group of top candidates in franchise’s head coaching search: Nick Nurse, Golden State assistant Kenny Atkinson and Toronto assistant Adrian Griffin. These coaches will be part of final conversations with Milwaukee leadership this week.

I'll pass on Nick Nurse. The last time an angry white guy got the gig (Pitino), things didn't work out so well.

« Reply #3843 on: May 22, 2023, 07:02:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1654

dumb WYC or brad shoulda had nick on retainer already seeing this train wreck he hired in joe blow
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3844 on: May 22, 2023, 07:14:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 324

dumb WYC or brad shoulda had nick on retainer already seeing this train wreck he hired in joe blow

Nurse is def a better coach than Joe, no doubt.

Why is Nurse available? I'm pretty sure he lost the locker room.

« Reply #3845 on: May 22, 2023, 07:20:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1487

Bingo
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3846 on: May 22, 2023, 07:26:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Bring back Doc lol

« Reply #3847 on: May 22, 2023, 07:46:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Bingo

He lost his locker room after a championship.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3848 on: May 22, 2023, 07:53:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

Bingo

Are we ok if our new coach loses the locker room as long as we get 1 title?  I mean probably right?

« Reply #3849 on: May 22, 2023, 07:55:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Bingo

Are we ok if our new coach loses the locker room as long as we get 1 title?  I mean probably right?

Yep.

« Reply #3850 on: May 22, 2023, 08:54:40 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1654
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3851 on: May 22, 2023, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1487

Bingo

I wouldn’t bet on Nurse catching lightning in a bottle like he did that one year with a prime Kawhi Leonard. Let’s not pretend like he’s had a ton of success outside of one season.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3852 on: May 22, 2023, 09:30:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Nurse lost the locker room because of the front office.

He spent 2 and a half years without a proper center on his roster (since M Gasol left) which hamstrung their interior defense & rebounding.

Add in that Nurse hasn't had a 2nd PG to backup VanVleet for 2 years since Lowry left for the Heat and you see how their front office screwed over their offense. VanVleet was the only guy who could run the team and he was being run into the ground because he had no live backup PG on the roster.

They had another year where they had 4-5 good players and then nothing. No decent bench players. In addition to having no center and I can't remember if Lowry was still there or not. The whole thing has been poop-show.

When you are continually putting ill-fitting lineups on the floor and getting bad results, guys lose hope / morale and stop putting in as much effort. It is darn near impossible to keep them going. He kept them going for the best part of 3 years despite the complete and utter ineptitude of TOR's front office.

Nurse did a great job there. He was screwed over by his front office and sent out to pasture so the FO could scapegoat someone else instead of taking the blame they deserved to take.

« Reply #3853 on: May 22, 2023, 10:10:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

Bingo

I wouldn’t bet on Nurse catching lightning in a bottle like he did that one year with a prime Kawhi Leonard. Let’s not pretend like he’s had a ton of success outside of one season.

I'm not even saying it has to be Nurse.  I am am just asking if we are good with 1 title if the coach turns crap after that.

« Reply #3854 on: May 22, 2023, 10:21:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
Anyone who thinks Embiid deserved the MVP over Jokic is nuts. Jokic just makes everyone around him better.
CELTICS 2024