24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 149868 times)

Re: What Exactly did Kyrie Accomplish in Boston?
« Reply #1530 on: June 22, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He was a good towel waiver in 2018 playoffs.

And I think will forever be known as the one who lobbed the pass to Hayward who landed awkwardly causing his ankle to swerve the wrong way around 5 minutes into their first season together.

I've been on this blog since 2006 and joined it in Oct 2009.

This comment right here is the worst comment I've ever seen. Simply horrible.

« Reply #1531 on: June 22, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Maybe because I'm way down here in Virginia and we don't have major sports team here is why I see things differently.

From an outsider looking in - I see a fan base spoiled by the ghosts of Celtics past (Russell, Couse, Cowen, Hondo, Larry Pierce, KG), a hockey team that is perennially in the playoffs. A baseball team among the best, a football team that is perhaps THE BEST....

Just my opinion but I see some spoiled, petulant posters on here that want to toss Kyrie Irving under the bus because things didn't go our way this season.

I'm as upset as ANY of you...and YES - Kyrie SHOULD get SOME of the blame. But starting threads on here, disparaging him like this....blaming him for GH's injury. NONE of you know him personally - including ME...

Some of you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:05:22 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #1532 on: June 22, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And I think will forever be known as the one who lobbed the pass to Hayward who landed awkwardly causing his ankle to swerve the wrong way around 5 minutes into their first season together.
Very unfair
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1533 on: June 22, 2019, 10:04:24 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I know the past season was horrible for the Celts and the Celtic fans.

But Kyrie and the Celts were very good in 2018, when Hayward was injured.

Jaylen was playing a lot that season.

It was only this season when the Celts had too much depth the Celts imploded.

In another forum where you can't criticize the Celts, they didn't believe that too much depth can hurt a team.
I was accused of being a troll.

Players are human beings.
Sooner or later players who know they are good will be discontent with the lack of minutes and shots.
That's what happened last season.
Brown was disappointed he got demoted after a very good 2018 season.

Rozier was also clearly unhappy.
He tried to hide it, but you can see that more often than not, he's pressing.

Celts had a very talented team last season, true.
But it was not the right mix.

No matter how good or fresh your ingredients are, if it's not cooked the right way, it will not taste good.

« Reply #1534 on: June 22, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979

I've been on this blog since 2006 and joined it in Oct 2009.

This comment right here is the worst comment I've ever seen. Simply horrible.

I agree..this takes toxic to a whole other level. Things like this make me want to leave This Boston board. ......

« Reply #1535 on: June 22, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
Absolutely **** all imo. He was missing in our ECF run, and managed to completely destroy what we built last season in an ugly second round exit.

well that is your opinion and they are like elbows and ................yep he was terrible both years. look at his stats, SMH if you think that ECF run without him was not an anomaly. he deserves some blame but what you people lay in him is preposterous at times.  so he was the only one who messed up team chemistry? ROFL.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1536 on: June 22, 2019, 11:40:44 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
This

And this.

Which is FAR MORE important than dribbling a dang basketball......

Now IF you want to discuss basketball -

He was among the team leaders in taking CHARGES - THIS YEAR.

He was our starting PG during our 16 game winning streak in 17-18.

The team was 42-13 in 17-18 with Kyrie Irving as our starting PG.

We were a healthy Kyrie Irving away from going to the NBA Finals in 17-18.

I don't give a hoot if I'm the last Kyrie Irving fan on this sometimes fickle Blog - everything that went wrong WASN'T his fault...sure he was a PART of it - but he is taking an absurd amount of blame for it.

don't waste your time on facts with people here.  they will see what they want to see very reminiscent of ........well nm i won't get into politics here.

you are far from the last kyrie fan. not sure where that came from as they are still a few of us here who arr not crying like a spoiled child/jilted lover only pointing out where he did not carry this team! or do this or that! LOL it is sad and pathetic.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1537 on: June 22, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038

That’s crazy talk... he wasn’t even around the team for most of the 2018 playoff games.

It’s just too bad he suited up the last 4 games of the Milwaukee series.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1538 on: June 22, 2019, 11:44:17 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
This

And this.

I don't give a hoot if I'm the last Kyrie Irving fan on this sometimes fickle Blog - everything that went wrong WASN'T his fault...sure he was a PART of it - but he is taking an absurd amount of blame for it.

You’re right.

In 20+ years people will still be talking about that magical season in 2019 when Kyrie was among the team leaders in charges taken.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1539 on: June 22, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Solidified both his status as a diva and the fact that he’s not good enough to be a team’s best player on a true title contender.

If we get a competent starting big to replace Al, it won’t surprise me in the least if we end up a better overall team next year when Brown and Tatum can actually flourish and expand their games, similar to Hayward who will also be farther out from injury.

« Reply #1540 on: June 22, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Kyrie demonstrated that lack of chemistry and trust is just as important as a lack of talent.

I hope when Kyrie looks at his championship ring from Cleveland, he'll see a reflection of Lebron. Kyrie needs a dominating, decision maker on the floor with him to be truly effective.

He's certainly a talented player, but not a leader.

« Reply #1541 on: June 22, 2019, 01:34:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Solidified both his status as a diva and the fact that he’s not good enough to be a team’s best player on a true title contender.

If we get a competent starting big to replace Al, it won’t surprise me in the least if we end up a better overall team next year when Brown and Tatum can actually flourish and expand their games, similar to Hayward who will also be farther out from injury.

But yet I am certain we could've used HIM in that game 7 vs CLE - where our young pups sat on the porch while LeBron the big dog beat us because we didn't have an ALPHA (Kyrie) to carry us......................

« Reply #1542 on: June 22, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
This

And this.

You’re right.

In 20+ years people will still be talking about that magical season in 2019 when Kyrie was among the team leaders in charges taken.

LOL the way we are going so far THIS SUMMER we may very well be talking about this season 20 years from now....

Didn't this franchise go like 22 years between banners?

June 2041 BABY!! FTW....we'll tell Austin Ainge to place Tatum's cute son on our radar.

BE careful what you say.

« Reply #1543 on: June 22, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
This

And this.

don't waste your time on facts with people here.  they will see what they want to see very reminiscent of ........well nm i won't get into politics here.

you are far from the last kyrie fan. not sure where that came from as they are still a few of us here who arr not crying like a spoiled child/jilted lover only pointing out where he did not carry this team! or do this or that! LOL it is sad and pathetic.

My bad - I'm sure there are still Kyrie supporters on here. But the loudest ones are seemingly in the minority.

« Reply #1544 on: June 22, 2019, 02:20:05 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
The Kyrie acquisition 2 years ago was exciting and full of promise. His scoring ability has been a joy to watch. But those knees keep betraying him. He could barely break anyone down off the dribble against the Bucks. He doesn't have the same explosion he once had, and he is injury prone.

Combine the knee issues with his weird personality and his expected salary demands ($35-40m per year), and i think its just time to move on. Sadly for him i think he'll be a malcontent his entire career. There is no perfect situation for him.

I appreciate his play over the past 2 years, but i think its time to put the ball in the Jayson and Jaylen's hands and see what they can do.

excellent points, mr october. your comment regarding his knees affecting his performance in the bucks series is interesting. watching that series, i could not understand his defeated demeanor and awful play. honestly, i assumed he had quit on the team. if an injury was a contributing factor, i would think we would have heard about it by now.

regardless of the reason, mental or physical, moving on seems best for both parties.