Author Topic: This is not a coaching issue  (Read 1491 times)

This is not a coaching issue
« on: November 21, 2018, 10:00:36 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
It’s a team composition/chemistry issue.  The pieces don’t fit well and guys like rozier who isn’t good enough to be a lead dog don’t know how to be a role player.  A shake up is badly needed.

Re: This is not a coaching issue
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Slight Correction: Rozier doesn't know how, or is not willing, to go back to being a role player. When he accepted that role and played within himself more, he was a plus. He is all turned around now physically and mentally.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Slight Correction: Rozier doesn't know how, or is not willing, to go back to being a role player. When he accepted that role and played within himself more, he was a plus. He is all turned around now physically and mentally.
Gotta agree with this. Definitely think his impending free agency is playing a part. He's one of the most frustrating guys I can recall watching.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:46 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I agree with you for once.

Some guys clearly have their own agenda.

Trading Rozier could be a start. Start Smart in place of Brown, maybe start Theis instead of Baynes. Bench Rozier. Play Tatum off the ball more.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I agree with you for once.

Imagine my relief.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 10:28:03 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
This is part coaching sorry to say. How are you allowing the team to keep jacking 3s and not emphasis something else? How can you not bench guys who aren't playing hard? How are marginal guards having career games against us?

Its thought to say but it is partly a coaching issue. Everyone likes Steven's but this is on Steven's and Kyrie to figure out...they are the leaders and the star PG should translate what the coach wants.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:20 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This is part coaching sorry to say. How are you allowing the team to keep jacking 3s and not emphasis something else? How can you not bench guys who aren't playing hard? How are marginal guards having career games against us?

Its thought to say but it is partly a coaching issue. Everyone likes Steven's but this is on Steven's and Kyrie to figure out...they are the leaders and the star PG should translate what the coach wants.

I really hope that we don’t have a coach, when faced with adversity will emphasize “something else”.  You have to have a philosophy and make incremental adjustments as needed.  And as I’ve said before, forcing the ball to the rim (for example) is not going to work either.  What we need to do first and foremost is make shots we should make.

And therein lies the issue IMO.  The fit is causing chemistry issues.  I’m seeing guys drive and kick multiple times in a possession because guys are taking the open shot.  That’s just terrible offense.  We need catch and shoot guys that aren’t so hot and cold (e.g., brown and rozier).

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
It’s a team composition/chemistry issue.  The pieces don’t fit well and guys like rozier who isn’t good enough to be a lead dog don’t know how to be a role player.  A shake up is badly needed.

yeah i see danny making changes. he won't sit and watch this talent be squandered when we made ECF last two years with less talent

some pieces just are not fitting but plenty is on coaching also
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Blow it up?

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 10:35:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
You guys are seriously going to blame this mess on Rozier?  Really all his fault?  Ridiculous.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 10:37:59 PM »

• Johnny Most
Gotta agree with this. Definitely think his impending free agency is playing a part. He's one of the most frustrating guys I can recall watching.

rozier SHOULD be gone at deadline
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

I really hope that we don’t have a coach, when faced with adversity will emphasize “something else”.  You have to have a philosophy and make incremental adjustments as needed.  And as I’ve said before, forcing the ball to the rim (for example) is not going to work either.  What we need to do first and foremost is make shots we should make.

And therein lies the issue IMO.  The fit is causing chemistry issues.  I’m seeing guys drive and kick multiple times in a possession because guys are taking the open shot.  That’s just terrible offense.  We need catch and shoot guys that aren’t so hot and cold (e.g., brown and rozier).

When you take the ball to the basket, it does two things. It helps  your mentality to be aggressive and it helps get easy baskets. You always want to work inside then out.

Percentages say a 5-8 ft shot is much easier than a 15- 20 ft shot.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 10:40:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
Blow it up?
#TankForZion
#letsgrosslyoverreactandrunincirclesandscreamandshout
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 10:40:28 PM »

• Johnny Most

When you take the ball to the basket, it does two things. It helps  your mentality to be aggressive and it helps get easy baskets. You always want to work inside then out.

Percentages say a 5-8 ft shot is much easier than a 15- 20 ft shot.

BEEN SAYIN
LET'S GO CELTICS!