Author Topic: Letís re-examine this team  (Read 2273 times)

Re: Letís re-examine this team
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2018, 11:14:48 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 444
The only thing that's different from last year is Hayward.

Brown and Tatum really upped their games after Kyrie went down as did Rozier.  I think those guys are struggling to figure out their roles now regardless of whether Hayward is in the game or not.

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1117

And this season, we can't shoot which is the true problem.  Not lack of big production, not players coming back, shots are not falling.....

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2018, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 212

And this season, we can't shoot which is the true problem.  Not lack of big production, not players coming back, shots are not falling.....

the open shots not falling is an issue. the taking poor pull up contested jump shots is probably the reason the open shots aren't falling... and it's caught up with us.

what's worse is we continue to encourage taking poor pull up contested jump shots.

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5872

the open shots not falling is an issue. the taking poor pull up contested jump shots is probably the reason the open shots aren't falling... and it's caught up with us.

what's worse is we continue to encourage taking poor pull up contested jump shots.
The Celtics lead the league in wide open three pointers, no defender within 6 feet. They have been awful on those shots. Contested jumpers are not a problem. Missing wide open shots and layups are.

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 03:52:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1638

The Celtics lead the league in wide open three pointers, no defender within 6 feet. They have been awful on those shots. Contested jumpers are not a problem. Missing wide open shots and layups are.

Teams are real happy to let Gordon, Semi, Smart, Baynes have wide open threes.
Youíll have to excuse my lengthinessóthe reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »

Online gouki88

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 274

Teams are real happy to let Gordon, Semi, Smart, Baynes have wide open threes.
None of whom are in our top 5 for 3PA per game

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1117

I watch every game and this simply is not true.   We MISS OPEN SHOTS.

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »

Online gouki88

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 274

I watch every game and this simply is not true.   We MISS OPEN SHOTS.
Yeah, we are simply cold. Periods like the first half against Phoenix are examples of that

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2018, 01:15:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 169
I think what needs to happen is this team needs to get blown out. Concede a 20 point lead in the 1st half and lose by 40. That will teach them that you can't always come back if you go down big and you need to be desperate from the opening tip off.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2018, 01:35:16 AM »

Offline EthanHarris

• Daniel Theis
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hayward has to play better. Without him, it will be hard to win games at the playoffs
kyrie Irving is one of the best NBA players!

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2018, 01:54:36 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 169
Hayward has to play better. Without him, it will be hard to win games at the playoffs

Lucky for us the playoffs aren't till April  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required