curious to what they'd actually offer that would tempt Danny at all.
they're not moving Ayton. other than that, who else would be that tempting? just not seeing anyone who'd make more of a positive impact for us than Rozier will by keeping him.
I would trade Rozier straight up for Bridges in a heartbeat. I would even throw in a minor asset or two to sweeten the deal for the Suns.
Let's say Rozier + Yabu + Celtics 2019 first for Bridges
I'm probably in the minority here, but I really want us to trade Rozier.
1. Assuming we keep Kyrie-Smart, we are gonna lose Rozier for nothing next summer.
2. Rozier is a score-first PG. He needs the ball in his hands ir order for him to be effective on offense. Problem is that we cannot have him on the ball next season:
a. Obviously, Kyrie will run the point.
b. Smart will be our backup PG. He can never play off the ball cause he is a terrible shooter.
Chances are that we 'll use Rozier as a backup to Brown. I just don't see him being effective in that role. I'd much rather trade him and replace him with a 3pt specialist to come off the bench next to Smart. Sort of like what the Sixers did last season with Belinelli.
Bridges fits the bill.
- 43.5 3P% last year in 6 attempts per game
- great length (3+D potential)
- NBA-ready (22 years old, has played 3 full seasons in college)
- under team control till 2022