Author Topic: It's Finally Safe  (Read 1878 times)

It's Finally Safe
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 1038
Couldn't fully commit to Kyrie until media day.Hanging number 11 from rafters like his father did at BU gave symmetry and honesty to Kyries remarks.All the media noise gave life to those rumors because it was a realistic option.
I can now enjoy the season.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:35:20 AM by Redz »

Re: Its Finally Safe
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:07:32 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1020
Itís still far from a sure thing that he stays next season, but yeah it was good to hear.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:55:57 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 428
Anything could happen lol.

Ainge could flip Kyrie/SAC 19/MEM 19 for Davis midseason and have all of us shocked AKA Kendrick Perkins 2011.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:10:37 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 469

Ainge could flip Kyrie/SAC 19/MEM 19 for Davis midseason and have all of us shocked AKA Kendrick Perkins 2011.
That trade was filling a need.
We didn't have any athletic wing.
PP was old,
Posey and Tony Allen were gone.
We also had Shaq ATT.
Now we are wingfull.

Keep the starting 5 and everything else is available for Davis.
3/4 Picks, Smart, Rozier...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:53:24 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 06:58:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 676
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

PP was old,
We also had Shaq ATT.

Now we are wingfull.

We really need a pinned thread about that trade.  In hindsight, it was a bad trade because
(1) we didn't know JG would turn out to be so inconsistent and just plain average.
(2) the chemistry lost something with the Perk-Rondo separation

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 901

PP was old,
We also had Shaq ATT.

Now we are wingfull.

We really need a pinned thread about that trade.  In hindsight, it was a bad trade because
(1) we didn't know JG would turn out to be so inconsistent and just plain average.
(2) the chemistry lost something with the Perk-Rondo separation

We didn't know Jeff Green was gonna miss a season and get heart surgery, either (although the Thunder's doctors did)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 07:35:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27403
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Yes, Kyrie is finally saying the things a leader should say.  It was disappointing earlier with his Lebron-esque refusal to say anything about his future beyond this season.  Nobody needs a firm commitment; him saying exactly what he's been saying sends the right message to teammates and fans, and minimizes the distraction of future free agency.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 10:28:56 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Yes, I can finally relax and just enjoy the season.

Re: It's Finally Safe
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1309
I wonder if this is related to Damian Lillard's recent comments about Portland. 

ďThat would be an honor to be a lifetime Blazer,Ē Lillard told The Athletic at the NBA 2K launch in New York. ďNot a lot of guys get to play for one organization for their entire career. Obviously, I love playing for the Blazers. I love living in the city. I feel like Iíve established a connection with the people and the culture of the city just as much as Iíve done on the basketball court, so thatís important. But, as we know, itís a business and a lot of times organizations have other plans, and sometimes players change their stance on that. But to be a lifetime Blazer, that would be great. Iím all on board for it.Ē

He's also arguably better, his city loves him, and he has averaged 78 games/season for his career.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:49:27 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
-Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 439
I agree...let's get the show on the road.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 498
I wonder if this is related to Damian Lillard's recent comments about Portland. 

ďThat would be an honor to be a lifetime Blazer,Ē Lillard told The Athletic at the NBA 2K launch in New York. ďNot a lot of guys get to play for one organization for their entire career. Obviously, I love playing for the Blazers. I love living in the city. I feel like Iíve established a connection with the people and the culture of the city just as much as Iíve done on the basketball court, so thatís important. But, as we know, itís a business and a lot of times organizations have other plans, and sometimes players change their stance on that. But to be a lifetime Blazer, that would be great. Iím all on board for it.Ē

He's also arguably better, his city loves him, and he has averaged 78 games/season for his career.

Lol you used a thread about Kyrie committing to Boston that smashed your hopes to pieces and post a random statement from a player you compare Kyrie to so you can say your tiresome piece about how Kyrie is trash.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 1027
Yes, Kyrie is finally saying the things a leader should say.  It was disappointing earlier with his Lebron-esque refusal to say anything about his future beyond this season.  Nobody needs a firm commitment; him saying exactly what he's been saying sends the right message to teammates and fans, and minimizes the distraction of future free agency.
This is where I'm at and I have been saying it for awhile.  Irving could have put a lot of the speculation about his future to rest awhile ago if he would have said the types of things he is saying now. 

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

Online footey

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1139

You still don't like this guy, Roy.  Geez.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27403
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

?

What that I said above is unreasonable?

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 196

?

What that I said above is unreasonable?

:laugh: Maybe it's just your anti-Kyrie reputation following you here lol.  Seriously, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what was stated here. He could have avoided the unnecessary drama early on by not being so vague about his intentions.  I am a Kyrie fan but he does say/do things sometime I believe because he revels in the attention it brings (Lebron-esque).  I truly hope things work out and that he's here for the long haul (or at least until Danny gets itchy again for another superstar)
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required