Does anyone know why no one really likes butler? And why towns hates him so much?
Off of the top of my head, here's why I think Butler may not be that likeable a guy... (For the record I was very pro Butler in the beginning. He worked hard to become an All Star and an accomplished two-way player... But Jim got carried away, bought into himself, and beefed with the Bulls. Now he seems like a celebrity that plays basketball a la Chamberlain. As far as Wiggins and KAT, Butler might be right. Those two might be cats on an island of dogs).
1. 2013, Butler posts a picture wearing a shirt that isn't awful although I don't care to post it. Devil's advocate: he's young, whatever.https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/07/jimmy-butler-apologizes-offensive-t-shirt
2. 2015, The Bulls post this video on their Youtube where he sings Taylor Swift. First time I was like, this dude kinda seems less cool than he purports. Devil's advocate: I've had weirder teammates that were cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vEC188Mqcw
3. 2016, Bill Simmons podcast. This is where I was like, ehh I dunno about this guy. Amongst other weird attituded comments, JB alludes to some sort of odd tension (pre trade) with D. Wade that made Simmons use the "on your corner" analogy. https://twitter.com/ringer/status/743477041467527169
4. 2016, "I take myself way too serious" Mountain Dew ad. Note the anchorman saying "well we all know he's friends with Mark Wahlberg." Maybe this appeals to certain people. I doubt Bill Russell is one of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2j088jIQI
5. 2017, Marcus Smart "isn't about that life" comments that made Smart laugh. This seemed like the first time someone was like, "yeah I don't really think Butler's all that tough."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMZd8_OEJ0
6. 2018, he writes "WELL [dang]" on a picture of Wade's wife in a bikini, then apologizes and says he's still coming to their bbq. Good one, Jim. Whether or not that's in jest it makes me think Butler is, well, sort of a richard.... Over the line, Smokey.https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dwyane-wade-called-out-jimmy-butler-for-a-comment-on-gabrielle-unions-instagram/
I don't care what Butler does as long as he's not a Celtic. Lots of people and athletes do similar things. You can compare a lot of the stuff I mentioned to Kyrie and I'd be forced to agree with some of it. In the same way only one knucklehead can be on a team, I think their can only be one Hollywoodish person per team. Plus like, Butler dribbles too much.