Author Topic: Woj: C’s remain favs to re-sign Kyrie  (Read 3799 times)

Woj: C’s remain favs to re-sign Kyrie
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:54:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Seems like his opinion
Celtics Remain Favorites To Re-Sign Kyrie Irving Over Rest Of Field
“I still would take Boston against the rest of the field," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "I would for this reason: I still think in the end there comes a moment of truth when you look around, and you have to make a decision about somewhere else. And when you really start inspecting the questions that are in almost any other circumstance he'd go to, you would say: ‘Boy, it’s pretty good here.’ …"

Wojnarowski spoke about the possibility of Irving going to the Knicks and his belief that a top player will sign with that franchise.

"I still think Boston is in position from top to bottom. If he's healthy and that team achieve, I still think it's going to be really hard to walk away from this.”
http://art19.com/shows/thewojpod/episodes/69cb8d88-e251-498c-89dc-7a56eb1bc9e3

Re: Woj: C’s remain favs to re-sign Kyrie
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:17:57 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
"Wojnarowski spoke about the possibility of Irving going to the Knicks and his belief that a top player will sign with that franchise."

First Woj doing favors, now pivoting. Such an irritant personality.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1215
"Wojnarowski spoke about the possibility of Irving going to the Knicks and his belief that a top player will sign with that franchise."

How is that pivoting? He said that he thinks Kyrie is most likely to stay with us, saying that it's possible he goes elsewhere/the Knicks may sign a top player doesn't contradict that at all.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 434
Want to win, stay with Celtics..want to lose, go to Knicks..his choice
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 09:16:51 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Want to win, stay with Celtics..want to lose, go to Knicks..his choice

want to win and make more money or want to lose and play for a bad owner

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:01:42 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

How is that pivoting? He said that he thinks Kyrie is most likely to stay with us, saying that it's possible he goes elsewhere/the Knicks may sign a top player doesn't contradict that at all.
As I can recall Woj did say a month or so back that Kyrie to NY is a possibility.
But, I might be mistaking.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
no brainer

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Since Kyrie isn't talking, this is all guess work and anything could be a possibility. Staying in Boston makes the most sense, but if he has a deep desire in his heart to play in New York then he might do it.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2741
Both Kyrie and Ainge said they have talked about this already and have an understanding of what each side wants and what they expect to do once the season is over.

In that perspective, if Ainge is not trading Kyrie this season, then it means he already knows Kyrie is highly likely to sign with the Celtics long-term.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1215

As I can recall Woj did say a month or so back that Kyrie to NY is a possibility.

I still don't see how he's pivoting. Saying that Kyrie could go to New York and that he's most likely to stay in Boston both work together. There would only be an issue if he said that he was most likely going to New York, or that he was definitely staying in Boston.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

I still don't see how he's pivoting. Saying that Kyrie could go to New York and that he's most likely to stay in Boston both work together. There would only be an issue if he said that he was most likely going to New York, or that he was definitely staying in Boston.
or he could go to Brooklyn  8)

Hope about we all hope Kyrie stays in Boston?
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
Both Kyrie and Ainge said they have talked about this already and have an understanding of what each side wants and what they expect to do once the season is over.

In that perspective, if Ainge is not trading Kyrie this season, then it means he already knows Kyrie is highly likely to sign with the Celtics long-term.

I did not see and could not find anything that reports this (the first part).  As for the second part, I hope they do have an understanding but the way you are stating this, it is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I know some will think I'm crazy, but I don't really think it matters much.

If he stays, we keep a really great player.

If he leaves, we aren't tied to a monster contract for a point guard with some injury concerns entering his late prime.

Tatum and Brown get the space to fulfill their full potential at exactly the point when they are ready to handle it, with two perfect complimentary vets (Hayward and Horford). Rozier, Smart and the Sac pick get some space to grow. And wouldn't we also be able to take a shot in free agency?

It wouldn't be so bad.

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I don't have a link, but I'm fairly certain Ainge has said that he is in regular contact with Kyrie's agent they have talked about the future.

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I really think he stays, but a Irving, Butler, Porzingas with a surprise or 2 young player like Kevin Knox core is not a bad alternative.  If it happens it could really elevate the Knicks, but I don’t think it will.  I still think a Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford (a super athletic Williams guarding Porzingas haha) plus core is more appealing for him.  The only real question is how Horford ages over the next few years.