Author Topic: Over/Under on Westbrook getting 16 rebounds in last game  (Read 4850 times)

Re: Over/Under on Westbrook getting 16 rebounds in last game
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 01:39:57 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm not a fan of Westbrook. He's kind of out of control on the court, and he seems more concerned with stats than with winning.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 02:00:05 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'm not a fan of Westbrook. He's kind of out of control on the court, and he seems more concerned with stats than with winning.

Perhaps it's why Kevin Durant truly left him to chase after championships lol. He couldn't stand Westbrook padding stats.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 02:14:30 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Perhaps it's why Kevin Durant truly left him to chase after championships lol. He couldn't stand Westbrook padding stats.

Russell Westbrook was 100% the reason why Durant left.  I said it would be before it happened.

Durant got tired of Russ competing with him for touches.  Durant has done just fine getting his touches, despite playing with even more talent in GSW.  The Warriors share the ball and make the right play.  Russ only makes the plays that make himself look better.

Westbrook is a fool.

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 08:07:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Russell Westbrook was 100% the reason why Durant left.  I said it would be before it happened.

Durant got tired of Russ competing with him for touches.  Durant has done just fine getting his touches, despite playing with even more talent in GSW.  The Warriors share the ball and make the right play.  Russ only makes the plays that make himself look better.

Westbrook is a fool.
except Durant has more shots and a higher usage playing with Westbrook then he has had in Golden State. 

Durant left because he is a beta and couldn't stand playing with an actual alpha. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 08:09:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Westbrook is a fool.
except Durant has more shots and a higher usage playing with Westbrook then he has had in Golden State. 

Durant left because he is a beta and couldn't stand playing with an actual alpha.
Being the best player on a championship team is pretty alpha
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 08:11:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Westbrook is a fool.

As we've seen this year in Curry's absence, Curry is and always has been the best player on the Warriors. 

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 11:15:41 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Westbrook is a fool.

As we've seen this year in Curry's absence, Curry is and always has been the best player on the Warriors.

I guess the debate is finally settled- the Warriors are Curry's team and not Durant's team  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 11:56:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Westbrook is a fool.

Doesn't really make sense. Are you saying that the Warriors were worse with Curry out? Because that really doesn't need saying. They still won 58 games with Durant missing 14 games and Curry missing around 30.

I don't get your point at all - what has Curry's absence got to do with the fact that Durant is the better player
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2018, 06:23:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Westbrook is a fool.

Doesn't really make sense. Are you saying that the Warriors were worse with Curry out? Because that really doesn't need saying. They still won 58 games with Durant missing 14 games and Curry missing around 30.

I don't get your point at all - what has Curry's absence got to do with the fact that Durant is the better player
The Warriors wwrr 41-10 with Curry and 17-14 without him.  They were 49-19 with Durant and 9-5 without him. That to me says Curry is far more important to the Warriors success than Durant is. Thus Curry is better.

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2018, 07:59:29 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Westbrook is a fool.

The Warriors wwrr 41-10 with Curry and 17-14 without him.  They were 49-19 with Durant and 9-5 without him. That to me says Curry is far more important to the Warriors success than Durant is. Thus Curry is better.
I really don't think that proves anything at all.  There are a lot more factors in play than just those two players.  You could find even more solid "proof" with some stiff of a player who just happens to be out when the team is not playing well.
Also, more important and better are two totally different things.  Thompson can do some of the things that Durant can do.  Nobody on the team does what Curry can do.

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2018, 08:20:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's debatable who the best player on the Warriors is, but being the best player doesn't make somebody an alpha (nobody would call Smart our best player, but I don't think anybody would disagree that he has an alpha personality). In OKC, while Westbrook is certainly a take charge kind-of player, Duant still felt he had too much responsibility to bear; it was really just the two of them.

In GSW, Durant has been able to slide right in and play with a bunch of other all-stars. He has performed well, but has never had the pressure of absolutely having to play well...that is until Curry went out and the Warriors 'struggled'. I would love Durant on the Cs more than just about any player in the league, but he is absolutely a beta...and also, who really cares? He was able to find a situation in which he felt comfortable and now he gets to win lots of championships without all the pressure. That has to be pretty cool for him.

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2018, 08:22:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Westbrook is a fool.

I really don't think that proves anything at all.  There are a lot more factors in play than just those two players.  You could find even more solid "proof" with some stiff of a player who just happens to be out when the team is not playing well.
Also, more important and better are two totally different things.  Thompson can do some of the things that Durant can do.  Nobody on the team does what Curry can do.
Which again says Curry is better since he can't be duplicated.  Curry is a 2 time MVP, the only unanimous MVP in NBA history.  The Warriors are a mediocre team when he doesn't play, which isn't the case when any other player misses extended action.  Remember Durant missed 20 games last year as well.  GS was 51-11 with him, but was still 16-4 without him (so not much worse).  Curry is better than Durant.  I've more recently come to this conclusion, as I for awhile felt Durant was better since he is a better defender, but I can't dispute the unrecognizable conclusion that Curry is just so good offensively he makes up for his defensive deficiencies.  James is the best player in the world, but I now pretty confidently believe Curry is the 2nd best player in the world.  Durant, I'd have at 3 right now, though Davis, Giannis, Harden, Westbrook, and a healthy Leonard aren't far behind.