Author Topic: IT's next Team and Contract  (Read 15794 times)

Re: IT's next Team and Contract
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Seems like Orlando is a real possibility:

Alex Kennedy: Isaiah Thomas followed the Orlando Magic on Twitter today. It seems Thomas wants to go somewhere he can play a lot, so Orlando makes a lot of sense. He’d get a lot of touches and the only other point guard on the roster is DJ Augustin.

Probably going to be a 1-year contract.

1 year at the mid-level isn’t the worst for either.  The Magic would like to stop losing and IT wants a starting role and hates losing.  Might have a second year with a player option if I had to guess.

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2018, 12:49:10 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I like my NBA salty, and I guess part of Demarcus Cousins' narrative is that he was upset teams weren't offering what he felt he deserved, so he said "screw you all, you won't pay me big money, I'm joining the Warriors for the mid-level."

I'd actually love it if Isaiah did the same.  "I'm an All-NBA All-Star who averaged 30ppg, played the day after my sister died, actually played the whole playoffs on a bum hip, put up a monster 53 point game, and ya'll still don't think I'm worth a brinks truck!?  You only want to offer me the mid-level?  Screw you all, I'm joining the Warriors for the minimum."

Plus it'd be interesting to see how the narrative on him does a 180.  From never getting back to his '17 level to suddenly the Warriors signed another automatic All-Star to be their 8th man.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Kind of sad how it turned out for IT  :( but life throws you a lot of curveballs I guess.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2018, 12:52:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I like my NBA salty, and I guess part of Demarcus Cousins' narrative is that he was upset teams weren't offering what he felt he deserved, so he said "screw you all, you won't pay me big money, I'm joining the Warriors for the mid-level."

I'd actually love it if Isaiah did the same.  "I'm an All-NBA All-Star who averaged 30ppg, played the day after my sister died, actually played the whole playoffs on a bum hip, put up a monster 53 point game, and ya'll still don't think I'm worth a brinks truck!?  You only want to offer me the mid-level?  Screw you all, I'm joining the Warriors for the minimum."

Plus it'd be interesting to see how the narrative on him does a 180.  From never getting back to his '17 level to suddenly the Warriors signed another automatic All-Star to be their 8th man.
I don't think the Warriors would want him.

They want to get younger and more athletic at the wing reportedly.

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I just think it is sad McBucketts scored a contract before him.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
How would New Orleans be as a destination? Boogie is gone, Rondo is gone, why not try an IT/Jrue Holiday backcourt?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2018, 01:09:25 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
How would New Orleans be as a destination? Boogie is gone, Rondo is gone, why not try an IT/Jrue Holiday backcourt?
They did sign Elfrid Payton, but I'd say IT is better than him, so I'd try it if I were them.  They've gotta be kinda desperate for potential talent.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Isaiah Thomas did his thing and helped sabotaged the Cavaliers and Lakers.

He was a true Celtic deep down. Too bad, he now thrown around like a ragged doll in the NBA.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
They did sign Elfrid Payton, but I'd say IT is better than him, so I'd try it if I were them.  They've gotta be kinda desperate for potential talent.

Accordingly they only have the minimum left, unless they make a trade before completing the signings after the moratorium.

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2018, 01:18:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kind of sad how it turned out for IT  :( but life throws you a lot of curveballs I guess.
how did it turn out? No one knows what he will get offered

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2018, 01:29:17 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
It won't be a Brinks truck...be lucky if it's a U-Haul.

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2018, 01:39:32 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Accordingly they only have the minimum left, unless they make a trade before completing the signings after the moratorium.

If they waive some of their non-guaranteed players, can they sign Randle with cap space and Payton with the biannual to still preserve their MLE?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

If they waive some of their non-guaranteed players, can they sign Randle with cap space and Payton with the biannual to still preserve their MLE?

No.  Firstly they wouldn’t have the cap space.  Secondly you don’t get to use cap space AND and MLE.  It’s one or the other.

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Might be the trunk of a Ford Focus :(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Might be the trunk of a Ford Focus :(

People are welcome to fill the trunk of my Ford Focus with cash.