Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 51118 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2018, 10:53:32 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
So when is Love due back? 

« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
It's astonishing that guys that the refs wouldn't think twice about respecting EVER are all of a sudden given carte blanche on both ends of the court once they become a teammate of Lebron.

TP! I've been saying this for years. While LeBron is absolutely disgustingly coddled by the refs and has been from day one of his NBA career, my biggest issue has always been that his entire team gets that treatment no matter what. There are plenty of players in the league that benefit from star treatment individually, but no one else whose entire team gets that treatment.

« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2018, 12:09:17 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
The Cavs should be worried about how much they’ve been relying upon JR Smith lately. He can’t sustain his production.

I agree. The overreaction to the cavs getting some role players was a pretty unique experience on this board. The Cavs 3rd best player is probably George hill. The 4th best is either hood or clarkson? That's not Klay Thompson or draymond green. They still have serious issues

Watch, if they lose tonight (which looks likely now), the media will have all the excuses lined up for Bron Bron.

But when they win, it's the "awakening of Lebron" and the "Cavaliers are unstoppable" and "the Cavaliers have closed the gap on Golden State"  ::)

UPDATE: Probably spoke too soon. Wizards might just choke this away...

Exactly. True leaders deflect praise and accept blame. LeBron has always been the exact opposite of that. When things are going well, he gets - and gladly accepts - all the credit. But when things aren't going well, he points fingers more than any star athlete - in any sport - that I've ever seen.

« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2018, 03:44:33 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
After the game was over, Lebron still argued with an official.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:11:13 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wizards win!

And LOL, Lebron gets to the line and goes 0-2. Practically tried running into guys blatantly to draw a foul, and didn't work!  :laugh:

Now lets see all the excuses the media makes up for the Cavaliers after deeming them "invincible" about a week ago  :P
This will follow the same pattern as past Cavs deals: The team is energized for the first couple of games and the media practically anoints them as champs.  Then they get complacent and lose to a middle-of-the-pack team, then the finger-pointing begins.

« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2018, 08:36:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Larry Nance, Jr. will wear his father's retired jersey number after all.  Sometime next week he will start wearing #22.  Nance, Sr.'s jersey will remain hanging in the rafters.  Nance, Jr. joked that the short shots and high white socks would also be worn.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It cracks me up that the Cavs were the lead story on ESPN mobile most of the day / evening. Then they lose, and the loss isn’t mentioned in any of the headlines, and the Warriors and Thunder wins are highlighted.

Does Lebron own stock in ESPN?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2018, 10:22:46 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
It cracks me up that the Cavs were the lead story on ESPN mobile most of the day / evening. Then they lose, and the loss isn’t mentioned in any of the headlines, and the Warriors and Thunder wins are highlighted.

Well, he does own Brian Windhorst....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

This right here. TP.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2018, 11:05:35 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I think the complaining is annoying.

I also think Lebron's size/athleticism combo is borderline indefensible. He gets fouled a lot.

« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2018, 11:06:03 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

No, that would be Burger King.

« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I think the complaining is annoying.

I also think Lebron's size/athleticism combo is borderline indefensible. He gets fouled a lot.

Yeah, I think Lebron gets fouled without calls more than any player since Shaq. But, the complaining is ceaseless.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Don't laugh....LeBron is becoming such a power broker in the league and he's really made some smart business decisions, it wouldn't shock me at all if he's buying up Disney shares.  He'd have even more clout if he were a major shareholder in one of the NBA's broadcast partners.

« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2018, 11:10:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
IT just keeps right on talking.  When will he learn he just needs to shut up and play. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22574159/isaiah-thomas-los-angeles-lakers-says-cleveland-cavaliers-panicking-traded-him
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2018, 11:26:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
IT just keeps right on talking.  When will he learn he just needs to shut up and play. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22574159/isaiah-thomas-los-angeles-lakers-says-cleveland-cavaliers-panicking-traded-him

The guy should learn “no comment”. I get that the chip on his shoulder makes IT the player that he is, but  this media talk makes him a distraction, and thus costs him money.