Author Topic: I知 a Smart hater  (Read 24938 times)

Re: I知 a Smart hater
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Smart will (probably) never be a good offensive player but tonight is a perfect example of why he痴 an invaluable piece to a championship team. He makes winning plays.
Ohhhh yeeeaaahhhhh. In the playoffs....he is totally gonna stop Bron. And before that he'll probably stop DeMare DeRozen or Kyle Lowry or something. And then in the finals he'll totally coral Steph Curry. Totally looking forward to it.

lololol for real, are you that fan that yelled at Marcus back in college?

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 11:18:32 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I love Smart!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 11:20:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Smart will (probably) never be a good offensive player but tonight is a perfect example of why he痴 an invaluable piece to a championship team. He makes winning plays.
Ohhhh yeeeaaahhhhh. In the playoffs....he is totally gonna stop Bron. And before that he'll probably stop DeMare DeRozen or Kyle Lowry or something. And then in the finals he'll totally coral Steph Curry. Totally looking forward to it.

Ok. That's kinda funny.

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 11:23:20 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Ok. That's kinda funny.

And, as someone who enjoys your posting(outside of the crazy smart hate), I feel you just might be that dude.

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 11:29:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ok. That's kinda funny.

And, as someone who enjoys your posting(outside of the crazy smart hate), I feel you just might be that dude.
If I remember correctly that guy yelled something maybe racial at Smart when Smart was an unpaid 20 year old kid. I'm not that guy. Smart has a job now and that job isn't to show up at the end of games that are close.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 11:35:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Didn't a similar play happen in Houston last year, too? I believe Harden got a flagrant for elbowing Smart or something at the end of the game.

Seems like Smart utilized that longstanding animosity between the two of them to his advantage tonight.

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Ok. That's kinda funny.

If I remember correctly that guy yelled something maybe racial at Smart when Smart was an unpaid 20 year old kid. I'm not that guy. Smart has a job now and that job isn't to show up at the end of games that are close.

For real:

Do you think the fact that Brad, continually over 4 or 5 years, plays Marcus at the end of games, and refers to him as a winner, is because Brad is dumb or because you are just that much smarter than him?

Smart is quite clearly our 3rd best player. Tatum is making quite the argument, but Smart is clear #3.

Quit hating because you want him to be some score 30 points give up 35 guy.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

Do you think the fact that Brad, continually over 4 or 5 years, plays Marcus at the end of games, and refers to him as a winner, is because Brad is dumb or because you are just that much smarter than him?

Smart is quite clearly our 3rd best player. Tatum is making quite the argument, but Smart is clear #3.

Smart is our third best player now? After who? Hayward and Kyrie?

You don't have to totally believe every single thing Brad or Ainge say. Their offseason actions will say way more.

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I would go so far as to maybe say Smart is your 3rd most desired player to be on the court the last 2 minutes of a game.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 11:41:10 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

You don't have to totally believe every single thing Brad or Ainge say. Their offseason actions will say way more.

Considering Gordon can't play, Kyrie, Al, Marcus, Jayson.

I don't find that controversial.

Lol so are you saying that if another team offers Marcus 22 a year and we don't match, it is an indictment on Smart?

Just admit it, you dislike Smart for reasons beyond basketball, and no matter what he does that will remain the case

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 11:45:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1652
You put great offensive players around him, he'll win you multiple championships. That's what he's always done through out his life.

what championships has he won so far? throughout his life? division with boston?
Nearly 3 in HIGH School, and he wasn't at OkState long enough. I'm telling you, he is and has always been a menace to the opposing teams Super Star player.
Just saying, he nearly won a State as a Sophomore, and won back to back States as a Junior and Senior.

yeah i am talking college or NBA here.  so division with bawstin then like i said.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

Lol so are you saying that if another team offers Marcus 22 a year and we don't match, it is an indictment on Smart?

Just admit it, you dislike Smart for reasons beyond basketball, and no matter what he does that will remain the case

Well said.
copy and paste from my post in the game thread:
Unless you are a super team like Golden State, NBA games tend to be close, due to the team that is losing trying harder while the team that is winning letting up.  That is why you need guys like Smart who can make big plays on a regular basis.  There's no such thing (unless you are obscenely great like the Warriors) as adding a better shooter (but lesser overall player) and suddenly blowing teams out every game so that you never need heroics.  Heroics are ROUTINELY NEEDED in the reality of most NBA contests...

Irving plus Hawyard plus Tatum plus Brown plus Horford is MORE THAN ENOUGH OFFENSE for one team.  There is only so much offense to go around.   You keep Smart on the team if you're a smart GM.  Of course, affordability does come into play which is somewhat out of the Celts hands right now...

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

Yes. He cheated me at cards once and then he insisted that Keynesian economics were a good thing right after speaking highly of Neitchke.

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

22 a year for Smart. That is very funny.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

Yes. He cheated me at cards once and then he insisted that Keynesian economics were a good thing right after speaking highly of Neitchke.

I hate Keynesian "economics" worse than the Lakers.

That doesn't mean you have to talk. irrational crap about one of our best players.