Author Topic: The Celtics have played more games than anyone...  (Read 1885 times)

The Celtics have played more games than anyone...
« on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
...Except for The Suns and The Magic and they play two sets of back to backs this week. I can see why Brad is giving so many players rest. I thought the schedule was going to be more spread out with the longer season. It makes our record all the more remarkable.

Re: The Celtics have played more games than anyone...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
...Except for The Suns and The Magic and they play two sets of back to backs this week. I can see why Brad is giving so many players rest. I thought the schedule was going to be more spread out with the longer season. It makes our record all the more remarkable.

Yeah, they’ve definitely had a front-loaded schedule in terms of quantity.  In addition to the two back-to-backs this week, there’s one each of the next three weeks.  That creates a lot of 3 games in 4 nights and 4 games on 6 nights situations.  This week, we’re actually in game 2 of a 5-games-in-7-nights stretch, and we’ll have played 40 total games by the end of December, so nearly half of our games in 11 weeks, leaving 14 weeks for the other half.  This results in a stretch in early January where we play a game, have 4 days off, play another game, and have another 4 days off.  Also, in March 6 of our 13 games come with two days of rest.

There should be time for some real practices in the new year.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:11:47 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah, they’ve definitely had a front-loaded schedule in terms of quantity.  In addition to the two back-to-backs this week, there’s one each of the next three weeks.  That creates a lot of 3 games in 4 nights and 4 games on 6 nights situations.  This week, we’re actually in game 2 of a 5-games-in-7-nights stretch, and we’ll have played 40 total games by the end of December, so nearly half of our games in 11 weeks, leaving 14 weeks for the other half.  This results in a stretch in early January where we play a game, have 4 days off, play another game, and have another 4 days off.  Also, in March 6 of our 13 games come with two days of rest.

And good rest heading into the playoffs. :)

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Those 4 days off won't be just practice, though, since they'll be flying too and from London (and probably doing other stuff while they're there)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 08:17:25 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Well, that should give us a really nice run in the spring leading into the playoffs. If we survive it should be a benefit but it's playing hell on the team health right now.