Author Topic: Bledsoe wants out  (Read 9967 times)

Re: Bledsoe wants out
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Man that franchise is cursed. Thomas wanted out, Dragic wanted out, the Morris twins wanted out now Bledsoe. Booker is gonna sign a rookie max then request a trade halfway through his contract.

What a wreck of a franchise.
Comes back to the owner.  And he just fired his coach so maybe that's what motivated Bledsoe to tweet today.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:09:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Bledsoe is gonna be a coup for somebody.

Kid can play. Been getting suffocated out there in Phoenix.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Man that franchise is cursed. Thomas wanted out, Dragic wanted out, the Morris twins wanted out now Bledsoe. Booker is gonna sign a rookie max then request a trade halfway through his contract.

Comes back to the owner.  And he just fired his coach so maybe that's what motivated Bledsoe to tweet today.

Agreed. I was going through the comment section of the Suns blog. Apparently last season Bledsoe was benched in the last 15 games of the year and they went 2-13. Then I suppose there was some kinda goal of being competitive this year, but the Suns didn't add any legitimate pieces so Bledsoe's just over it.

I don't blame him at all.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 06:14:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Oh wow. 3 games into the season, talk about an overreaction... Watson was well liked, and I tend to think he was a huge part of Booker's improvement offensively.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald

Oh wow. 3 games into the season, talk about an overreaction... Watson was well liked, and I tend to think he was a huge part of Booker's improvement offensively.
In their 3 games this season they've given up- 124, 132 and 130 points - that's not exactly going in the right direction.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 06:31:03 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Don’t blame them for firing Watson. On paper they don’t look that bad. I feel like Brad could get 41 wins  out of that roster.

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, the Earl Watson news makes the Bledsoe tweet make a lot more sense.  I know the Suns have been terrible, but firing a coach three games into the season is stupid.  You either make that decision during the off-season or you wait at least a couple of months, especially if you weren’t going to be competitive regardless.

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 07:54:59 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I like Bledsoe, but there are two main reasons why I wouldn't be overly excited for this:

1. Between them, Bledsoe and Irving have missed 267 of a possible 1,066 games over their careers.  That's pretty much dead on 1/4 of their careers that have been missed by injury.

2. I'm really not that convinced that Boston could contend with a backcourt of Irving (6'3" and Bledsoe (6'1").  That's a very small backcourt and would give us very limited defensive versatility - teams with bigger and highly skilled backcourts (like Washington and Golden State) would potentially kill is. 

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

And this is where I expect Cleveland to once again makes a mockery of the NBA salary cap system by sending the Brooklyn pick + JR Smith's $13.8M contract to Phoenix for Bledsoe...

Bledsoe would well and truly be a game changer for Cleveland - he'd give them a much needed boost to their defence and outside shooting and would allow them to play like a legit contender until IT returns from injury.  We already know JR Smith is whining about coming off the bench, so it would make sense for Cleveland to shed that "problem" from the locker room. 

The whole deal just makes too much sense for both teams.  Though JR Smith's contract probably doesn't do much for Phoenix, they would likely be salivating over that Brooklyn pick.   

It would also give Cleveland major insurance in the potential scenarios of:

1. Thomas failing to come back 100% - they could bring him off the bench in restricted minutes

2. Thomas wanting more money then they are wiling to pay - they could let go and move forward with Bledsoe

Waiting for it...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:06:17 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 08:11:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Eat your heart out Josh Jackson

And Mcdonough...clown

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 10:16:53 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

And this is where I expect Cleveland to once again makes a mockery of the NBA salary cap system by sending the Brooklyn pick + JR Smith's $13.8M contract to Phoenix for Bledsoe...

Bledsoe would well and truly be a game changer for Cleveland - he'd give them a much needed boost to their defence and outside shooting and would allow them to play like a legit contender until IT returns from injury.  We already know JR Smith is whining about coming off the bench, so it would make sense for Cleveland to shed that "problem" from the locker room. 

The whole deal just makes too much sense for both teams.  Though JR Smith's contract probably doesn't do much for Phoenix, they would likely be salivating over that Brooklyn pick.   

It would also give Cleveland major insurance in the potential scenarios of:

1. Thomas failing to come back 100% - they could bring him off the bench in restricted minutes

2. Thomas wanting more money then they are wiling to pay - they could let go and move forward with Bledsoe

Waiting for it...

The Cavs have several options that could work. Frye/Korver/pick/filler. Tristan Kardashian, straight up. Doubt they move JR.

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 10:35:36 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Rich Paul is Bledsoe's agent right?  I wouldn't rule it out....

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I can't imagine Cleveland ever considers moving that pick for Eric Bledsoe. Bledsoe is a good player, but that pick is the jump start to their future and the entire reason they did the Irving trade (not IT).

The only way it would make any sense is if Lebron gave some indication that he would re-sign if the the Cavs made a trade for Bledsoe; otherwise, they are going to give it their best shot with Lebron, Love, Crowder, Wade, IT, and company (when he returns) and then start selling off guys like Love and Thompson to the highest bidders when the season is over and Lebron has moved on.

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 11:03:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
How many point guards can The CAVS have? I go with Tony Parker and a 1st and 2nd round pick for Bledsoe...

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 11:30:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, for about 20-30 games until he gets hurt, again.  If the guy can't manage to play a full season in Phoenix with the best medical staff in the league, why would anyone think that he would be able to do so in a different location?  Really, given that his body cannot endure an 82 game schedule as a starter, the best thing for him might just be to reprise his role when he was the third guard on the Clippers much earlier in his career.  That way, he could still be a valuable contributor and not play too many minutes.  His new team would probably also do well to not allow him to play back-to-backs, given his obvious fragility.